MiWay

Orion VIII

Yep, saw 1353 on route 1 E today at approx. 17.04 at Hurontario and Dundas. What ticked me off though was the fact that when I caught the 101 W and got off at my stop, I saw another brand new 13 arriving at the stop as well. Got so mad at myself!

Another odd sight on Dundas: 0859 on route 1 E, but that was on Wednesday.

Nooooooooo! That was my favorite 01! I loved it! I actually rode in it a few days ago! The 01 I really want scrapped is 0154. 0-60 time................whoops sorry, doesn't hit 60 until like next year.

You must have riden 0156 more than a few days ago. 0156 has been out of service for quite some time now and was the first unit pulled from service.

As for 0154, I was on it last week, it was pretty quick for an 01.

1352 was on the 26 and 0154 was on the 19 today.

So far 1351, 1352, 1353, 1355 and 1359 have been spotted in service.

Was on 1352 today around 15.20 on the 1 W. Really like the new interior with the glass roof hatches. I just find that the transmission is a bit weird. It does sound like the TTC Orion VII 3G Diesel's which I like a lot. Smooth ride though, and correct me if i'm wrong but are there more seats now compared to the '08 D60LFRs?

Was on 1352 today around 15.20 on the 1 W. Really like the new interior with the glass roof hatches. I just find that the transmission is a bit weird. It does sound like the TTC Orion VII 3G Diesel's which I like a lot. Smooth ride though, and correct me if i'm wrong but are there more seats now compared to the '08 D60LFRs?

There are less seats on the XD60s, 53 compared to 57 on the D60LFRs

Saw 0153 heading east on 26 at Sq One today.

New long heated shelter going in for 110, 109 and Zum stop with safety nose found on TTC subway platforms. They were pouring the last of the new sidewalk and nose today.

A new westbound stop like this will be built in front of Chapters once the they relocate the fire hydrant.

New display board will be install inside the terminal in the coming months along what GO has at a lower level.

The long over due display board for the east end of the platform may go up next year showing schedule time until real time surface.

Brampton approved the EA for the Hurontario EA and commencement of the final EA (6 months) will start in December with PIC in Jan.

Will go to Metrolinx next fall for funding approval and hope to have it in the 2015 budget. Construction could start 16/17 if approved and funded.

They are finalling working to finish the brick retaining wall for the BRT at Rathburn and only 3 months late doing so.

Saw 0153 heading east on 26 at Sq One today.

New long heated shelter going in for 110, 109 and Zum stop with safety nose found on TTC subway platforms. They were pouring the last of the new sidewalk and nose today.

A new westbound stop like this will be built in front of Chapters once the they relocate the fire hydrant.

New display board will be install inside the terminal in the coming months along what GO has at a lower level.

The long over due display board for the east end of the platform may go up next year showing schedule time until real time surface.

Brampton approved the EA for the Hurontario EA and commencement of the final EA (6 months) will start in December with PIC in Jan.

Will go to Metrolinx next fall for funding approval and hope to have it in the 2015 budget. Construction could start 16/17 if approved and funded.

They are finalling working to finish the brick retaining wall for the BRT at Rathburn and only 3 months late doing so.

0159 on Dundas today, doing the 1 W

Given that MiWay will have the 14 MiExpress XD40's very shortly, is there an updated timeline, if any, of when they will be implementing the new 104 - Derry and 105 - Dixie?

In addition, seeing as the new XD60's are almost fully deployed into service, is Miway in a position to want to order more buses for 2014? Even if they are, the replacement bus candidates may be the 03 D40LF's, but that may be 1 year too early presumably. But, could the same be said for the EZ-Riders? Are they on a different retirement schedule then the d40LF's?

December service changes

• 42 Derry: better weekday frequency, 13' from 16' peak, 24' from 30' off-peak, and earlier weekend trips
  • 38 Creditview and 39 Britannia: Sunday frequency from 60'/33' to 45' on both routes, likely interlined
  • 24 and 107 return to the LINK station loop
  • single trip adjustments on the 14, 20, 91, and 311

Here's the Service Change brochure: http://www7.mississauga.ca/Documents/TW/miway/servicechange/20131209/miTRANSIT_Dec2013.pdf There are few details in the brochure itself, instead referring people to go their website, presumably to the link you posted. With not much detail left in the actual brochure other than the Christmas holiday schedule, it looks like they're trying to phase out the brochure and reduce the printing costs. Essentially it lists what routes will have service changes and then it's up to you to go online and find out what they are.

The panel behind the driver would wind up being a reminder to "please check our website for service changes on the following routes..." Ads at various terminals would probably help to gain more exposure to the service changes since there'd be no takeaway reminder.

Given that MiWay will have the 14 MiExpress XD40's very shortly, is there an updated timeline, if any, of when they will be implementing the new 104 - Derry and 105 - Dixie?

In addition, seeing as the new XD60's are almost fully deployed into service, is Miway in a position to want to order more buses for 2014? Even if they are, the replacement bus candidates may be the 03 D40LF's, but that may be 1 year too early presumably. But, could the same be said for the EZ-Riders? Are they on a different retirement schedule then the d40LF's?

No please don't tell me about the retirement of the 03's, they're my favorite D40LF's! Hope they keep 1 or 2. They should replace the E-Z Riders with the NFI MiDi or maybe (a dream) the Polish made Solaris 10? I was on 0521 today on the 4, noticed that its had an exhaust problem for a while..........has a screaming sound upon acceleration. 0338's exhaust problem was fixed from what i've seen. Anyone been on 1006 lately? Sounds awesome!

If possible, can anyone get some pics of the new 40 footers?

Edited by MiWay0310

Mississauga recently changed their bus life cycle standards starting with the 03s. 40 foots will be retained for 15 years and 30 and 60 foot buses will remain the same at 12 years. They decided this based on the average annual maintenance cost versus the annualized replacement cost for a bus. So for example, if a new bus costs 400 thousand dollars, then at 8 years its annualized replacement cost would be 50 thousand dollars, at 10 years it would be 40 thousand dollars and so on.

So once the annual cost of maintaining a bus exceeds that of its annualized replacement cost, it's time to retire the bus. They figured out that this occurs around 15 years for 40 foots and at 12 years for 30 and 60 foot buses.

No new bus orders are scheduled until 2016.

Mississauga recently changed their bus life cycle standards starting with the 03s. 40 foots will be retained for 15 years and 30 and 60 foot buses will remain the same at 12 years. They decided this based on the average annual maintenance cost versus the annualized replacement cost for a bus. So for example, if a new bus costs 400 thousand dollars, then at 8 years its annualized replacement cost will be 50 thousand dollars, at 10 years it would be 40 thousand dollars and so on.

So once the annual cost of maintaining a bus exceeds that of its annualized replacement cost, it's time to retire the bus. They figured out that this occurs around 15 years for 40 foots and at 12 years for 30 and 60 foot buses.

o good to know, i thought the 03s will be done in 2015...~~~

3 years is a pretty large gap between bus deliveries...im hedging my bets that they'll budge on that and we'll see one small purchase between that time. For example I dont think the 14 MiExpress buses and the new artics will be enough if they plan on implementing both the 104 and the 105

3 years is a pretty large gap between bus deliveries...im hedging my bets that they'll budge on that and we'll see one small purchase between that time. For example I dont think the 14 MiExpress buses and the new artics will be enough if they plan on implementing both the 104 and the 105

The 104 and 105 are quite a ways off. Expect another service boost (beyond December's) on the 42 before they start seriously talking about the 104.

With 14 buses, when the transitway opens:

- I'm seeing peak-hour frequency boosts on 107, and

- maybe tweak the 108 to use half of 109's buses at its counter-peak, effectively doubling 109's frequency at the peak direction. After all, why change 82 to 108 if they will only use orange buses on the route?

Some people (especially Humber students) still complain about 107's winding route structure. Maybe the solution could be an addition of an hourly super-express variant (107X?) stopping at all of 107's stops between Square One and Skymark, and non-stop service from there to Humber College via Dixon and Highway 27, which can cut the commuting time by 10 to 15 minutes.

I quite understand where this frustration comes from. It seems that 107 is STILL a few minutes slower than:

- taking 76 to East Mall and then taking the 191 (if coming from Square One), or

- taking 35/35A to East Mall and then taking the 191 (if you're coming along the Eglinton area).

I love the idea of 105 (especially that I'm from Applewood) but obviously having a basic rapid transit service (Transitway and Hurontario) would be a priority for now.

previous.gif

When is the 100 supposed to be introduced? It doesn't necessarily need the two westernmost stations/hubs (what are we going to be calling them?) with buses turning back at either Erin Mills TC or South Common unless they want to do some sort of on-street loop at Winston Churchill to compete with either the 26/36 or 35/35A.

As for the 107, I never understood the different routing between the 107 and 109 between the Skymark and Eastgate stops. The 107 running via Matheson while the 109 running via Eglinton. The BRT route will run parallel to the Eglinton route. Is the route via Matheson actually faster?

For both the 107 and 110 there should be formalized branches of the route. The 110A running from City Centre to UTM, while the 107 branches would be separated between Westwood and Humber College. If needed, have the super-express trips, but with the opening of the busway have them run non-stop between Skymark and Westwood and then onto Humber College. Unfortunately there's no easy way of getting onto the 427 to speed up the trip unless you run the route to Westwood via Humber College using Hwy. 27 from Dixon Rd.

Unless you have a GTA pass, combination TTC/MiWay routes will involve paying two separate fares.

With the new System Maps has anyone noticed the orange express stops missing? Even on the Express Routes map they're labelled, but no actual stops are shown. Is it a simple oversight or does it have something to do with the introduction of the 108 which essentially is a local service between Creditview & Argentia and Mississauga Rd. & Dupont Meadow (Hwy. 401)?

• ORION locked this topic
  • 1604 unlocked this topic