You're absolutly right. The driver purpously delayed the bus by 5 minutes just to inconvience you. If I was the driver and I found out you had a tight connection to make I would make sure to hang back so you would miss it as well. If you have a problem with that them take a f***ing taxi!

So I expect a bus on a low frequency, low ridership route in the off-peak hour not to be late over 5 minutes, a mere 15 minutes away from the start of its trip, and you get all mad? Wtf is your problem?

I have to rely on transit. Transit is not just for bus pictures. Some people actually need to use it to get around, to go to school, to get to work. I am just a student, and you tell me to take a taxi? You want buses to be late to inconvience students and poor people? Sad attitude. But not surprising.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A message for all participants of this discussion board, but particularly this thread as the admin team seems to constantly receive reports from here: Please keep your conversations civil. There is

Precisely.     I know I'm not around here as much as I used to be but this thread is out of control. Can no one relax? How about thanking those who post info and photos instead of immediately ju

Good sir, I'm finding that you're posting a lot of useless inane drivel in this thread. I assume that given that you are (pretending?) to be a MiWay operator that you have a degree of maturity ab

Posted Images

So if it's your only option then why risk having it not work for you when you need it most? :unsure:

The 39 Britannia is 35 minute service, the 44 is 33 minute service. Not a lot of options in terms of the trips I can take. 38 is 36 minutes, but at that time it picks a lot of high school students so it's really slow. 36 minute frequency is hard to plan for in any case.

This isn't like Brampton where sometimes drivers hardly have any time. MT gives driver too much time this includes route 39. The 39 has a way, way, excessively padded schedule outside rush, meaning the buses are often early or the bus drivers are forced to drive at a snail's pace to avoid being early (especially in evening). So a bus being late outside of rush is very surprising. I actually came to the bus stop almost 10 minutes early and ended waiting over 15 minutes. On the other hand, 39 is almost always late during rush due to traffic, overcrowding, etc. though I guess it's a little better now that the bridge over Credit River has been widened to 4 lanes.

The 38 is different. It was ALWAYS 5-15 minutes late going northbound on Saturday, probably because of lack of time on schedule. But recently they changed it to 38A, so maybe the problem is fixed.

So I expect a bus on a low frequency, low ridership route in the off-peak hour not to be late over 5 minutes, a mere 15 minutes away from the start of its trip, and you get all mad? Wtf is your problem?

I have to rely on transit. Transit is not just for bus pictures. Some people actually need to use it to get around, to go to school, to get to work. I am just a student, and you tell me to take a taxi? You want buses to be late to inconvience students and poor people? Sad attitude. But not surprising.

I listen to the scanner quite often and there are certain routes and times where the buses are behind on a consistent basis, even on days with dry roads and no accidents or construction on the route.

Sure, they can tell people to anticipate delays and that they should be at the stop extra early, but it seems wrong to me to publish a schedule that they can't meet more than half or three-quarters of the time.

+1

The thing is, there are lots of other customers who arrived late that day. They would have been inconvenienced also, but they didn't come here and whine about it. If you really were concerned, why not give Miway a phone call, or talk to the bus driver, in stead of venting on us?

I agree to a point- I hate when my bus is late. I would like to think there is more that drivers can do to stay on schedule, but from what I've heard talking to them, it's really a tough thing.

I don't know if anyone here takes the number 7 route or not but to me it seems like it's a very full bus ride whenever I take it.. I don't take it daily or at the same timings but even at what I would think is an off-peak time (say 1pm) the bus has over 40 people on it.

Is there any talk about making either the 107 or 18 an all day route? I think the ridership numbers to Malton from SQ1 would support that.

I don't know if anyone here takes the number 7 route or not but to me it seems like it's a very full bus ride whenever I take it.. I don't take it daily or at the same timings but even at what I would think is an off-peak time (say 1pm) the bus has over 40 people on it.

Is there any talk about making either the 107 or 18 an all day route? I think the ridership numbers to Malton from SQ1 would support that.

I doubt the numbers are there to support that. On the periphery of the rush hours both the 18 and 107 are dead, even in the heart of rush hour you'll maybe get a full seated load but that's about it. In addition, the 18 is really, really not a viable alternate to the 7, if you've ever travelled that entire route and not thought of committing suicide I would call it a miracle. If someone wants to travel between Westwood/Square One off peak I would actually recommend 42-19/103/502 instead.

I think it really depends on where you've seen it. If you've seen it from Square One, then it is normal. The only heavily-loaded part of 7 is along Eglinton. As the bus goes eastward, the less riders it gets. There are only around 10-20 people when the bus reaches the airport.

If it's from any stop along Airport Road or in Malton, then I would be surprised.

Also, 18 is an industrial route. No industrial route has off-peak service other than 15 Drew (during evenings). Plus, 18 will be cut to just between Malton and Renforth when the BRT commences. So, no expansion for sure.

But 107 is a possibility, just because it is a BRT branch route, plus it's the quickest way to Airport, Malton, and Humber College.; but weekends (especially Sundays and Holidays) will be a so-so situation.

I doubt the numbers are there to support that. On the periphery of the rush hours both the 18 and 107 are dead, even in the heart of rush hour you'll maybe get a full seated load but that's about it. In addition, the 18 is really, really not a viable alternate to the 7, if you've ever travelled that entire route and not thought of committing suicide I would call it a miracle. If someone wants to travel between Westwood/Square One off peak I would actually recommend 42-19/103/502 instead.

I agree with you about the 18, however the 107 is far from dead. Standing loads on the 107 in peak direction are far from uncommon.

The December Service Changes are now available:

miway_hm_button_service_changes.png

Trip Tweaks:

8 CAWTHRA Weekdays

19A HURONTARIO-BRITANNIA Weekdays

20 RATHBURN Weekdays

41A THOMAS-STREETSVILLE GO Weekdays

42 DERRY Weekdays

49A McDOWELL-STREETSVILLE GO Weekdays

66 McLAUGHLIN Weekdays

76 CITY CENTRE-SUBWAY Weekdays

90 TERRAGAR-COPENHAGEN Weekdays

Additional Service:

3 BLOOR Weekdays

19A HURONATIO-BRITANNIA Weekdays

20 RATHBURN Weekdays

44 MISSISSAUGA ROAD Weekdays (short turn service Streetsville-UTM, Meadowvale TC-UTM)

45 WINSTON CHURCHILL Weekdays

61A MAVIS-SHERIDAN Weekdays

66 McLAUGHLIN Weekdays

110 UNIVERSITY EXPRESS Weekdays (short turn service City Centre-UTM)

201 DUNDAS Weekdays

Revised Schedules:

1 DUNDAS Saturdays (14.5 to 13 minutes midday)

22 FINCH Weekdays (18 to 13 minutes midday)

35 EGLINTON-NINTH LINE Weekdays (16 to 14.5 minutes rush hours)

66 McLAUGHLIN Weekdays (15 to 13 minutes rush hours, 20 to 16 minutes midday)

103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS Weekdays (19 to 17.5 minutes AM rush hours, 19 to 17 minutes PM rush hours)

Bus Stop Changes:

Bus stops play musical chairs again at Meadowvale Town Centre. Could they not think out the movements in and out of the terminal to avoid all of these stop rotations?

The link to the stop changes page hasn't been reactivated yet, but it would be nice if they could display as well as list the stop locations for ALL terminals there if they're not going to include it in the new service maps.

Aceessible Routes (in bold):

Essentially any of the routes not listed as accessible would still have 97s running on them since the rest of the fleet is accessible. So: 10, 14A, 15, 17, 18, 27, 32, 38/38A, 45/45A, 46, 47, 50, 51/51A, 53, 57, 59, 62, 64, 70, 71, 82, 89, 90, 201 as well as the school routes. The majority of these routes run during rush hour.

That leaves 80% of the network accessible. The remaining routes (14A, 15, 17, 18, 27, 46, 50, 57, 70, 82, 89, 201, school routes) will be made accessible by the end of 2012 as the next batch of buses come into service.

Why does MiWay do such weird headways? I would rather have a bus every 15 minutes (and hence at the same times past the hour) than every 13 or 14 minutes. Going from 15 to 13 mins gets you about 7 extra buses per day, but at the cost of not being able to rememebr when they'll show up.

I can't understand why every route wouldn't be accessible by December. Aren't the Orion V buses going to be gone? Are they treating the 2001 Orion VII's as not being accessible? Or are they covering their butts for buses that have malfunctioning accessibility equipment? If that's the case will there ever be 100% accessibility??

You're asking what my problem is? You're the one shooting your mouth off about the buses only being late because of driver laziness. Thats what pissed me off. You were late for class and you were angry, I get that, but you have no idea what could have happened on or around that bus prior to when you boarded so for you to say that its pure laziness on the drivers part is just ignorant. I wasn't there so I'm not gonna waste time speculating on what could have caused that bus to be late.

And not for nothing but if I relied on transit to get me to where I have to go, especially for something important, I would leave early enough to catch the earlier bus. Is that extra half hour really going to kill you? If you did that you wouldn't have missed your class.

There's an accident at Bristol and Creditview that hasn't made it onto the Service Alert page. Only northbound traffic is allowed through. Southbound is being forced east on Bristol. Westbound traffic is being forced north. Due to the backlog, several southbound cars are U-turning before the intersection.

10 BRISTOL buses are detouring via Willow Way/Torrington and Whitehorn in both directions.

38 and 89 northbound are operating regularly.

I'm not certain how the 38 CREDITVIEW southbound buses are detouring. I did spot a NOT IN SERVICE bus turn east onto Bristol. Fallingbrook and Willowvale would work as a southbound detour.

In the event of detours do the AA call out stops if the route uses another route's stops? In this case it's possible for a 38S to stop at a 10S stop. For the other ad hoc stops which aren't programmed (Willow Way, Torrington, Whitehorn) do drivers essentially stop at intersections and are they required to announce these stops since the AA won't announce these stops?

I can't understand why every route wouldn't be accessible by December. Aren't the Orion V buses going to be gone? Are they treating the 2001 Orion VII's as not being accessible? Or are they covering their butts for buses that have malfunctioning accessibility equipment? If that's the case will there ever be 100% accessibility??

It has nothing to do with buses as every bus in the fleet will be wheelchair accessible by the end of the month. I don't know what Gil is getting at about the fleet not being completely accessible until the 2012 batch of buses come in.

Instead it has to do with the bus stops themselves being "accessible", in otherwords they must have concrete pads with enough room to embark/disembark a wheelchair. In Mississauga for a route to be considered accessible a certain percentage of stops along the route must be accessible.

I think it really depends on where you've seen it. If you've seen it from Square One, then it is normal. The only heavily-loaded part of 7 is along Eglinton. As the bus goes eastward, the less riders it gets. There are only around 10-20 people when the bus reaches the airport.

If it's from any stop along Airport Road or in Malton, then I would be surprised.

I stop just after the airport.. and just the other day I was standing until Terminal 1.

Also, 18 is an industrial route. No industrial route has off-peak service other than 15 Drew (during evenings). Plus, 18 will be cut to just between Malton and Renforth when the BRT commences. So, no expansion for sure.

But 107 is a possibility, just because it is a BRT branch route, plus it's the quickest way to Airport, Malton, and Humber College.; but weekends (especially Sundays and Holidays) will be a so-so situation.

To me, I find the routing of 107 odd.. I realize it's a "Malton Express" not an Airport Express, but it really should serve Terminal 1 or 3 directly; not just the monorail station off Viscount Rd. It should also go down Airport Rd instead of the back ways... but hey, that's just me.

Mississauga has the largest airport in Canada, yet MT cannot offer 15 minute service to it with route 7, 365 a year. I have said for years 7 should see 15 minute service.

As of December 1st, MT will be 100% lowfloor for buses and 1 year ahead of the time frame to be 100% lowfloor.

MiWay Accessible Event at the City Centre Transit Terminal

Say farewell to the last high floor bus and celebrate the accessibility improvements to the MiWay fleet.

Event Date(s):

December 1, 2011

More Information:

Date: Thursday, December 1, 2011

Time: 1:45 pm

Mississauga has the largest airport in Canada, yet MT cannot offer 15 minute service to it with route 7, 365 a year. I have said for years 7 should see 15 minute service.

As of December 1st, MT will be 100% lowfloor for buses and 1 year ahead of the time frame to be 100% lowfloor.

No. That date in 2012 is to be fully accessible. That does not equal all low floor, though in Mississauga's case it does. In other agencies cases, no.

When I'm on Airport Rd I always find it odd that I see more Brampton Transit and TTC's then I do Miway's. Mind you, the 18 and 107 do not go on Airport Rd, but then again, they don't go to the airport either.

When I'm on Airport Rd I always find it odd that I see more Brampton Transit and TTC's then I do Miway's. Mind you, the 18 and 107 do not go on Airport Rd, but then again, they don't go to the airport either.

18 DOES go along Airport Road, but bypasses Pearson Airport.

While it is obviously true that the TTC has the most buses at Pearson, you should see more MiWay buses than Brampton Transit along Airport Road (or just as much buses), because BT's 115 runs every 30 minutes from Mon-Sat, then hourly Sundays. While MiWay's 7 runs every 20 minutes during rush hours, 25 during middays, 30 during Saturdays and 35 during Sundays.

I stop just after the airport.. and just the other day I was standing until Terminal 1.

Is it like that everytime you take it? If so, then wow. No wonder why 7 Airport has 4,500+ riders everyday.

To me, I find the routing of 107 odd.. I realize it's a "Malton Express" not an Airport Express, but it really should serve Terminal 1 or 3 directly; not just the monorail station off Viscount Rd. It should also go down Airport Rd instead of the back ways... but hey, that's just me.

Well, we don't know what they're planning to do. Maybe they'll add a separate Airport Express route? If 107's purpose is to serve the airport, I'm very sure that a lot of people don't like the LINK Train transfer.

• 1604 locked this topic
  • 1604 unlocked this topic