• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A message for all participants of this discussion board, but particularly this thread as the admin team seems to constantly receive reports from here: Please keep your conversations civil. There is

Precisely.     I know I'm not around here as much as I used to be but this thread is out of control. Can no one relax? How about thanking those who post info and photos instead of immediately ju

Good sir, I'm finding that you're posting a lot of useless inane drivel in this thread. I assume that given that you are (pretending?) to be a MiWay operator that you have a degree of maturity ab

Posted Images

The 1120 was on the 38N at Eglinton this evening. It was strange seeing one of the newest buses on this route. The 38 CREDIVIEW should be one of the next routes to be made fully accessible since it serves Trillium Hospital. It's the only hospital route that isn't accessible. It'd also provide additional accessible service to central Mississauga.

Glimpsing through the MiWay wiki I noticed some errors with the amount of seats in certain batches.

1)

The Xcelsiors should have the exact amount of seats as the hybrids since they both share the same layout minus the rear section where both sides of the pair of seats were turned from forward facing to perimeter judging from interior photos.

2)

Though I don't have complete interior pictures of the EZ Riders, I am skeptical that the 08/09s have 3 seats less than the 07s. The description says the 08/09s lost the 3 perimeter seats due to a storage cabinet, but they also gained 2 extra seats in the rear section since they turned that single perimeter facing seat into a pair of forward facing seats on each side. So how is there a difference of 3 seats between the batches?

With the extremely limited amount of interior pictures of these buses floating around the internet, has anyone did an exact count of the seats in each batch? Either the 07s don't have 27 seats or the 08/09s don't have 24 seats...

I was just in Ottawa- so thought I had to share my experience on their transitway since we are in the process of building one! I took a New Flyer Inverno to connect to the transitway, it was kind of neat, the rear door is actually a sliding one, but it's very slow to open. The transitway where I was is 1 lane in each direction, with a speed limit of 80 on the straightaways. They use d60lfr's on the transitway. The seats are very comfy too on both buses. There is no way to pay on the platform, you have to pay when you get on the bus which I think is a bit inefficient for big crows. Dare I say they drive much quicker than in Mississauga, no waiting around at stop signs or anything (I'm sure this offends someone- driver or rider). A friendly note- when the driver saw a lady at a stop looking down at her phone, he tapped the horn to make sure she wasn't waiting for that bus. He also said "have a good flight" when I got off.

I guess I'm a bit excited for our BRT- Ottawa's sure impressed me.

I was just in Ottawa- so thought I had to share my experience on their transitway since we are in the process of building one! I took a New Flyer Inverno to connect to the transitway, it was kind of neat, the rear door is actually a sliding one, but it's very slow to open. The transitway where I was is 1 lane in each direction, with a speed limit of 80 on the straightaways. They use d60lfr's on the transitway. The seats are very comfy too on both buses. There is no way to pay on the platform, you have to pay when you get on the bus which I think is a bit inefficient for big crows. Dare I say they drive much quicker than in Mississauga, no waiting around at stop signs or anything (I'm sure this offends someone- driver or rider). A friendly note- when the driver saw a lady at a stop looking down at her phone, he tapped the horn to make sure she wasn't waiting for that bus. He also said "have a good flight" when I got off.

Wonderful!

You do understand those drivers have a tight schedule to deal with, which is why they are in a hurry!

You could flip it the other way and say that because they drive like that, people get where they're going faster. Of course, this is just an anecdote. I don't actually know the average speed of any of their routes compared to Miway. However, it is nice to see them stick to the schedule so well.

You do understand those drivers have a tight schedule to deal with, which is why they are in a hurry!

You could flip it the other way and say that because they drive like that, people get where they're going faster. Of course, this is just an anecdote. I don't actually know the average speed of any of their routes compared to Miway. However, it is nice to see them stick to the schedule so well.

I guess, but they are schedule for little time!

Ok since no one replied and from my personal scouring of web clips and pictures of interiors of these buses (though extremely lack of interiors for 08/09s), I came to the conclusion that the 08/09 EZ Riders have exactly the same amount of seats as the 07s.

The 08/09 storage cabinets killed 2 perimeter (not 3) seats behind the driver but the rear section gained 2 seats due to the single perimeter seat changing to double forward facing seats. This makes all 3 batches of EZ Riders having 27 seats.

• 1604 locked this topic
  • 1604 unlocked this topic