previous.gif

Re: Happy Power's stats

The stats were credited to a generic-sounding "Mississauga Media", which combined with the messenger leads me to question how accurate they actually are.

I would have figured the 25 TRADERS LOOP which clocks in at just over 5km was the shortest, though the wording makes it sound like it was based on either a day or even a rush hour period, which given there are several runs of the 37 ERINDALE GO it would definitely rack up more than 7km.  The 57 COURTNEYPARK sounds like it could give the 109 MEADOWVALE EXPRESS a run for longest route with service to the Infield Terminal at Pearson at least until it gets cut to Renforth Terminal once the MiWayFive Service Changes are fully implemented.

• Thanks 2

I've always wondered, how do I charter a MiWay bus? Can I pick which bus I want?

I looked at the charter rate for miway and it said $175 per hour for 40-foots and $200 for 60-foot artics. They charge by 2 hour minimum.

• Thanks 1

It was mussing to watch 2 miWay buses taking turns trying to get into/out of various bus bays at Islington today as I was heading home. At one point, it was follow the leader.

New training drivers were learning how to enter/exit the various bays while trying not to run into other miWay buses or TTC entering/exiting the station. Came close a few times. Look like 4 new drivers on each of the 2 Orion VII Hybird buses, as the windows were very dirty except for one window that was hand wash, but on opposite side of each bus near the front side to tell for sure.

Got to learn how to use Islington for the next 2 years and toady was a good day to do it.

• Thanks 2

Anyone notice the latest version of the Proposed 2020 Network?  It's now dated September 2018, and aside from the random changes to the route colours, the 68 WINDSOR HILL (or will it become TERRY FOX or BANCROFT?) gets extended up Terry Fox to cover the Bancroft diversion with the gridlined 38 CREDITVIEW.  Meanwhile at the south end of the 38 it's also staying on Wolfedale instead of the straight shot down Erindale Station Rd. which would have only served Woodlands SS. The north end doesn't get transferred to the 57 COURTNEYPARK.  At the last Information Session meeting I went to, it was hinted that despite what the Proposed Network map was showing at the time, there's no way they would cut service entirely from both Bancroft and Wolfedale. 

The 87 MEADOWVALE-SKYMARK gets kicked off the Transitway, which for the detour it has to take to get off it at Dixie pretty much eats up any time saved from using it.  I still wish all of the routes "serving" Renforth Station actually entered the station.  The 35 EGLINTON's farside stop makes trying to catch a route serving the station tricky.  Meanwhile it's a crapshoot when deciding whether to transfer from the 109 MEADOWVALE EXPRESS to either the 39 BRITANNIA which I'd do at Renforth Station or stay on until Orbitor Station and catch the 87 MEADOWVALE-SKYMARK rather than risk missing the connection by walking up to Skymark from Renforth Station. 

Cutting the 35 EGLINTON and 57 COURTNEYPARK to Renforth Station seems like trouble if there's no increase in frequency on the 109 MEADOWVALE EXPRESS which will be the only route connecting it to the subway.  With the 35/109 combo there are at least a few options, not always ideal, but options nonetheless.  Still not a huge fan of the 20 RATHBURN ending at Tahoe.

I know they're trying to avoid duplicating service, but it makes for some weird planning or tradeoffs.  The Terry Fox routing is one, where they had resisted because there was nothing to serve for the majority of the west side of the street, but then necessity forces it in order to get to Bancroft.  The same goes for Ninth Line which forces a duplication of service along half of Churchill Meadows.  Run the 20 RATHBURN down the 427 to Dundas to Kipling Station if they're trying to cut traffic on the Etobicoke section of Burnhamthorpe.  Don't know if pushing the 57 COURTNEYPARK further west to Second Line then up to Old Derry will generate more riders than running up Mavis.

I'm curious as to what they have in store for the next 5-year plan.  Assuming that the Hurontario LRT doesn't get scrapped under the "pretense" that the Province can't afford it right now...

• Like 2

The reason why bus routes are being cut back to Renforth is because of lack of space at Islington Terminal/Kipling and to cut the number of buses on the routes. This goes back at least 5 years ago or so before the 2020 plan was develop. In the end, Renforth is to be a hub for a spoke system like CCTT today.

My recommendation for 38 years ago was having it staying on CP to Bloor St and then to Islington/Kipling. This would allow riders to connect to 28 and 19. This would allow riders to bypass CCT, another type of a grid route and beef up 3.

It is also in the line of having a 61 going to Dundas and then to Cooksville GO station and bypassing CCTT. This would reduce the need of riders using 19 to get to CCTT to get the 61 and take load off CCTT and 19.

As for 68 being extended on Terry Fox, it is a recommendation I made at least 10 years or more ago to replace the 38 that was to stay on Creditview 100% like it does today, not before the change.

Route 20 is to go to Tahoe not Islington or Kipling and going to piss off a lot of riders, as well being a mistake. Making riders having to walk further to get a bus or home.

As for Hurontario, the only change it will see is having Artic replacing the 40's to deal with the increase of ridership as well 103. Some headway will be reduce to offer better service at various times.

These changes like other is to say we need a job and we will do things to make sure we have a job and doing something.

No matter what staff tries to do for the system, their hands are tied by a poor road system layout, low density for various routes and the city continue think its a town not a city to have 1.3 million people. It has already pass its plan 2025 size years ago and doesn't like tall towers. They are happy to see 6 story buildings. In the end, 60% of Mississauga needs to be bulldoze and done correctly.

Still waiting to see if they follow through in scraping the current 8 route and going to add a lot of travel time for anyone who currently use it.

When is Malton going to get their share of Centrals LFSAs? They have all the XD60s except for 1360 and the remaining 08 60LFRs.

if it does happen, will we get our share of the older artics back at central?

Personally I miss both units but I really like the LFSA. I’m from west side so I always see the LFSA. It’s a rare to see 1360 at Square one. 

12 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

1357 is also at central.

7 hours ago, transitfan100 said:

i find that xd60 goes on and off malton

According to Transit55 all the XD60s except for 1360 is at Malton with the rest of the 08 D60LFRs. 1359 was a central bus up until like a few weeks ago

7 hours ago, mikenoza said:

According to Transit55 all the XD60s except for 1360 is at Malton with the rest of the 08 D60LFRs. 1359 was a central bus up until like a few weeks ago

I have noticed the red and yellow (M) and (CP) badges arent very accurate on transit55. Its best to check the previous blocks for that bus to see what garage it is at. Even though 1357 has a red (M) badge, it is clearly a central bus by looking at the previous blocks. 

It is evident that the 1796 fire caused burn damage on the roof in the bay it burned on. These photos were taken just today (Dec 1/18)

4DC4171D-7110-4BE9-841E-E2E083F511D3.jpeg

F0013D72-B017-4F0E-A4FF-11BAFFD401EE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, mikenoza said:

It is evident that the 1796 fire caused burn damage on the roof in the bay it burned on. These photos were taken just today (Dec 1/18)

4DC4171D-7110-4BE9-841E-E2E083F511D3.jpeg

F0013D72-B017-4F0E-A4FF-11BAFFD401EE.jpeg

Soot and thermal damage are two different things. If that concrete was really damaged, you wouldn’t have been permitted to stand anywhere near the spot you snapped that photograph.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happy Power said:

EX MiWay 0857 has been soled to Peterborough transit. You can see by the Gray skirts it a MiWay unit

Okay let's get a few things straight.

1) It has not been confirmed that the bus has been "soled" to Peterborough. From the info I've been able to gather, the bus is more likely on a long-term lease to determine the feasibility of using/owning articulated buses, before Peterborough commits to more units.

2) Nobody has posted which unit this actually is - and considering it looks like it's been refurbished before heading to Peterborough, you'll likely have to check the VIN as the external numbers would be gone. If you have definitive proof of what unit that is, I'd love to see it. Given your track record on this forum so far though, I cannot simply take your word at face value regarding the former unit number.

Also, please credit the photograph to the proper source. That photo was from a tweet by the Trent Central Student Association, and I'm pretty sure you only discovered it from my post in the Peterborough Transit thread last night linking to that same tweet. But your worded your post in way that makes it sound like you were the one to take the photo.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Cityview bus sales confirmed to me at CUTA that they sold off two articulated buses recently. These units received only an exterior paint job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, Articulated said:

Okay let's get a few things straight.

1) It has not been confirmed that the bus has been "soled" to Peterborough. From the info I've been able to gather, the bus is more likely on a long-term lease to determine the feasibility of using/owning articulated buses, before Peterborough commits to more units.

2) Nobody has posted which unit this actually is - and considering it looks like it's been refurbished before heading to Peterborough, you'll likely have to check the VIN as the external numbers would be gone. If you have definitive proof of what unit that is, I'd love to see it. Given your track record on this forum so far though, I cannot simply take your word at face value regarding the former unit number.

Also, please credit the photograph to the proper source. That photo was from a tweet by the Trent Central Student Association, and I'm pretty sure you only discovered it from my post in the Peterborough Transit thread last night linking to that same tweet. But your worded your post in way that makes it sound like you were the one to take the photo.

Give it time. He may have info that the rest of us don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaT said:

Give it time. He may have info that the rest of us don't. 

Read the rest of Articulated's post. He explains quite clearly why he's leery of his information.

If he's got a photo of the VIN, great. Show it. The proof is in the pudding. Otherwise, everything else is speculation.

Dan

• Thanks 6

5 hours ago, smallspy said:

Read the rest of Articulated's post. He explains quite clearly why he's leery of his information.

If he's got a photo of the VIN, great. Show it. The proof is in the pudding. Otherwise, everything else is speculation.

Dan

I did.  Every word of it. 

• Thanks 1