MiWay

Orion VIII

13 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

At least these buses have rear windows. It's end of life for the D40LFs. I like them too. Nice to see TTC and Miway's D40LF run together on Dundas back then. Soon both TTC and Miway will have novas on Dundas.  

Not all the 05 D40LF will retire this year, only some of the ones determined to be in worse shape. 

14 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

Don't Worry. The 2006/2007 D40LFRs are virtually the same, but I think I'll miss them too.

I won't.

In other news the latest word is the Novas will not start arriving until November. Nova is really busy these days with many orders and is still trying to staff their production line for ramp up, as well as trying to fit all the orders on the line. The order is large (82 buses) and there is also a need for more time to completely finalize specifications, after all this is the first time MiWay will be getting Novas. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Not all the 05 D40LF will retire this year, only some of the ones determined to be in worse shape. 

I won't.

In other news the latest word is the Novas will not start arriving until November. Nova is really busy these days with many orders and is still trying to staff their production line for ramp up, as well as trying to fit all the orders on the line. The order is large (82 buses) and there is also a need for more time to completely finalize specifications, after all this is the first time MiWay will be getting Novas. 

Did you notice that almost every gta bus get novabus lfs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, curlingteam333 said:

Did you notice that almost every gta bus get novabus lfs.

There's only two companies that produce heavy duty transit buses for the Canadian market now... New Flyer Industries and Nova Bus. That doesn't leave a lot of choice for agencies.

Most of the GTA agencies are part of the Metrolinx consortium, which was awarded to Nova Bus for the first time a few years ago, so that resulted in a lot of agencies getting Nova LFS buses for the first time. But if you also look take a look, every company in the GTA also has had New Flyer products too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

Does anyone have a retirement schedule for thee 03s, 07s, and 08s?

Why worrying about them now since they will not be retire until the Nova Buses arrive. Plans and schedule change over time based on what going on at times.

The new ones we have now will be for more service on various express routes as well the full opening of the Transitway in the fall. You may find them on some local routes like you do today.

They will start with buses in the dead end line, not worth fixing first and then so on.

The EZ buses will be up at the top of the list since it will allow MT to place the new buses on any route and not worry having the right size for x route like they do today. A lot of drivers will be happy to see the EZ go.

• Like 2

I have not seen any hybrid Orion 7s in a very long time (about a year now). I heard they were going through some sort of miantence with their hybrid system. Does any know what's going on?

17 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

I have not seen any hybrid Orion 7s in a very long time (about a year now). I heard they were going through some sort of miantence with their hybrid system. Does any know what's going on?

The hybrids are in service all the time on weekdays so I'm surprised by your comment....most of them were in service yesterday. You should check https://transit55.ca/mississauga/model?id=2010_Orion_VII_Hybrid.

Yes the hybrids are needing mechanical work like most buses do from time to time which involves replacing components, however it's done as needed and wouldn't affect the entire series at the same time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

I see them all the time... Just go to City Centre and you'll find lots, mostly on 19 and 34.

• Like 1

Here's the recently inactive to-be retired busses (According to Transit55) :

(bus number - last in service)

2003 New Flyer D40LF:

0314 - June 14

0315 - July 3

0316 - June 2

0338 - July 4

2005 New Flyer D40LF:

0522 - June 25

0528 - May 31

0563 - April 9

2007 ElDorado EZ Rider:

0704 - June 8

0708 - May 7

0712 - June 27

2008 ElDorado EZ Rider:

0891 - June 26

2009 ElDorado EZ Rider:

0930 - June 2

0936 - May 4

I know that the new busses will take some time to go into the service and the Novas won't arrive until november. It just seems strange to me that some busses have been out of service for up to over 2-3 months. Maybe the status of these busses can be changed to "inactive" or "unknown" or something. Anyways, it's up to the wiki editors.

0314 seemed fine when I rode it on June 12th.

I rode 0316 on May 31st, the bus had developed a death tick.

0704 has been consistently out of service since April 6th. It randomly came out for service on June 8th, but has not been in service since then.

I saw 0891 sitting outside of Central Parkway Garage, don't know what's going on with that unit.

Buses like 0522, 0712 and possibly 0528 were consistently being changed off before being taken out of service.

• Like 1

I saw 1033 on 19S Today as well 1045 on 76, a bus going westbound on Rathburn that was too far away to see the number or route. I also saw another leaving CCTT a few hours after seeing 1033 and not sure if it was the same one or another as I was too far away to see the numbers, but went north on Hurontario. 

Buses can be out of service for a lot of reason for a long period of time and a waste of people time changing wiki every time they are out of service. It should be noted when a bus makes the dead end line for various reason, well ahead of retirement date or out of action due to long repair time caused by an accident or engine fire. Some buses have sat for years in the old yard out of service due to engines fires and never did return to service at all.

• Like 1

I can confirm that as of right now, no buses have been retired. Sometimes buses out of service can have to do with waiting for parts that aren't in stock or require a long lead time. 

There are enough people on this board that would hear about bus retirements and you would probably see posts about it as they happen.

I agree with drum118, let's wait until buses are officially retired instead of just speculating based on the last time they showed up on transit55 (not trying to say that you shouldn't check transit55, it is a useful tool)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Silly Tilley said:

I can confirm that as of right now, no buses have been retired. Sometimes buses out of service can have to do with waiting for parts that aren't in stock or require a long lead time. 

There are enough people on this board that would hear about bus retirements and you would probably see posts about it as they happen.

I agree with drum118, let's wait until buses are officially retired instead of just speculating based on the last time they showed up on transit55 (not trying to say that you shouldn't check transit55, it is a useful tool)

0303, 0305 and 0932 are the only buses that are retired and still on property. Recent photos show 0932 stripped of parts as well.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

0303, 0305 and 0932 are the only buses that are retired and still on property. Recent photos show 0932 stripped of parts as well.

Those have been retired for years now.

• Like 2

Rode 0893 yesterday on the 90 ... was on the afternoon run that is out 2pm to end of service ... was 9 minutes down, bus had a poor left rear spring and was under duress on acceleration.  not sure if these units can last to the end of the year

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Where's the photos of 0932 after retirement?

On 2017-07-12 at 1:54 AM, FlyerLFR said:

Usually the hybrid service only on weekdays not weekends. And mostly on 34 and 19 but rest of the routes are all rarely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, curlingteam333 said:

Where's the photos of 0932 after retirement?

Usually the hybrid service only on weekdays not weekends. And mostly on 34 and 19 but rest of the routes are all rarely.

As I stated yesterday, one was on 76 and been on them on the 3 route a number of times, as well a few others than 19. They show up when the show up.

Was surprised when MT went to them again after the first mess with them, but they turn out to be a lot better than the ones for TTC.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Abubakkar said:

When I went to central today 0932 was not there then when I went to the repair garage it was over their being fixed for some RESON don't tell me they will put it back in service

0932 isn't coming back. It's been written off after that accident and it's parked outside along the side wall of the CP garage. If you claim you saw 0932 in the repair garage being fixed, you're mistaken because there's no way that bus is coming back. Items such as the iBus, farebox and presto units have been removed off of that unit as well. 

1 minute ago, noahrp24 said:

0932 isn't coming back. It's been written off after that accident and it's parked outside along the side wall of the CP garage. If you claim you saw 0932 in the repair garage being fixed, you're mistaken because there's no way that bus is coming back. Items such as the iBus, farebox and presto units have been removed off of that unit as well. 

Maybe I saw another 0931 my bad

2 minutes ago, noahrp24 said:

What did it hit in the garage