MiWay

Orion VIII

6 hours ago, MiExpress said:

Effective January 17, routes 76 and 110 will be suspended and articulated buses will be reallocated to routes 1, 7 and 26 to help with loading.

This follows the January 7 suspension of routes 101/A, 107 and reduced service on route 103. The 103 also saw service suspended for last weekend only (January 8 and 9).

The writing was pretty much on the wall for 110 University Express especially with the limited in-person learning and lower ridership. Needing to shift resources onto other routes that still get plenty of passenger volume. Which was already reduced to Monday to Friday when the original schedule was 7 days/week.

22 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Due to service cuts especially with Express routes and staff shortages, bay 0 has been filled with a shit load of express buses from 5 days ago. Not sure if it’s still the same but they were always parked at the dead lot during weekends.

Hopefully the express buses will be used on the regular routes to attain mileage. With how they did acquire 11 XDE60 buses last year with the expansion of the MiExpress route. Having increased service over the years. 

32 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The writing was pretty much on the wall for 110 University Express especially with the limited in-person learning and lower ridership. Needing to shift resources onto other routes that still get plenty of passenger volume. Which was already reduced to Monday to Friday when the original schedule was 7 days/week.

Hopefully the express buses will be used on the regular routes to attain mileage. With how they did acquire 11 XDE60 buses last year with the expansion of the MiExpress route. Having increased service over the years. 

It’s Funny how all those XDE60s are put on local routes, and 2152 was on the 109 back when it first entered service. The whole MiExpress, MiLocal, thing is a joke.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 12:42 AM, PrimeTio said:

It’s Funny how all those XDE60s are put on local routes, and 2152 was on the 109 back when it first entered service. The whole MiExpress, MiLocal, thing is a joke.

The big boy has stated that what is every ready for service is to go out to make sure routes and riders have a bus regardless what it is.

Then, when you have buses not been replace like they should that die on routes or pull from the system, you have no option to use the wrong bus on X route to keep things running.

I get the express a lot on my local route as well see them on others using a 60' that is over kill for the route.

With COVID-19 having an effect on staff to keep buses on the road, you have no option to use the wrong bus on the wrong route.

It maybe a joke to you, but it not to riders since there is a bus to get on. Downside is riders don't read the sign display and only look at colour on routes where both service run to the point they get on the wrong bus.

By 2023, things should be back to nominal to a point, but will still see the wrong bus on X route from time to time until all the replacement buses are on hand.

You got to thank council for this mess since they have put off ordering buses the last 3 years which has finally happen. There will be less buses order than plan due to funding.

As for 110, the time to kill it south of the University since ridership been non existing even before it hit the road like I call for when first proposed.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Regarding my above posting.

Today saw an express on 53 and all 103 buses were 60' that I saw. Saw 5 103 with 2 having the same number. Saw an 40 on the 1c and was on a 1796  going east on Dundas.

1796? I think that unit got scrapped after being removed from MiWay property.

15A1BC1C-B6B0-4FD0-844A-FC7573EFE77A.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

1796? I think that unit got scrapped after being removed from MiWay property.

15A1BC1C-B6B0-4FD0-844A-FC7573EFE77A.jpeg

I thought it was 1796 and looks like I was wrong. It was an 179x as I was going a short distance and only had a quick look at the number.

An example why less buses to be put on the road and why the wrong bus is on the wrong route. Only about 4 years old and close to $2 million down the drain.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Maybe a point of discussion, but what about a rebrand? Obviously not now given funding is tight w/ Covid and so on, but what about rebranding the agency into one scheme? Certainly works at TTC. Just a curious thought. Doesn't even have to be something elaborate, could be simple. 

I was thinking about that to.. maybe a scheme with both Orange and blue covering the bus? Orange at the front like how all Local buses are.. and than blue and the back.

Just now, PrimeTio said:

I was thinking about that to.. maybe a scheme with both Orange and blue covering the bus? Orange at the front like how all Local buses are.. and than blue and the back.

The color specifics could be sorted later as they aren't of prime importance, given the problem we're discussing, but the concept of a single scheme is probably not something to be overlooked. Especially since the current situation really is just creating confusion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Maybe a point of discussion, but what about a rebrand? Obviously not now given funding is tight w/ Covid and so on, but what about rebranding the agency into one scheme? Certainly works at TTC. Just a curious thought. Doesn't even have to be something elaborate, could be simple. 

Seeing as the rebranding from Mississauga Transit to MiWay is going into it's 12th year maybe the opening of the Hurontario LRT might be a logical point for a brand refresh?  I don't think a livery has been settled on for the LRT vehicles.  Hopefully ridership will have recovered somewhat by 2024.  I personally preferred the old "double diamond" which Metrolinx has partially appropriated.  The oval logo looks very generic (ahem DRT).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Blue and orange sounds like an absolutely garish combination. If they wanted to consolidate it all into one thing (which they should, the current distinguishing between local and express buses is just marketing nonsense) they should scrap the blue for express in its entirety.

• Like 2

As someone who call for a new colour scheme in early 2000, would go with the current orange or something alone the lines of a few other system, but not the current mixed.

One system that caught my eye was Orlando that had more than one colour for routes that were transferable from route to routes.

I can't recall what number series I call for in early 2000's for various routes, but would retain the current numbers on what every colour the fleet is to be. This goes back to the days of white buses using the 80's series numbers for express.

One thing I would change is the current LED display and go with the white display that is found on many systems these days. Was impress when I saw the first system using the white display.

As for the colour of the LRT, it supposed to be the same as the Crosstown at this time.

This is what Orlando use for colours and will have to look for others systems I have shot. They also use the with display. They also go as far as noting the day-month-year after the fleet number. IE 160-314 or 143-14

26478602378_c0a41ca802_b.jpg26478604928_8a62fb3069_b.jpg38539928940_74c598f800_b.jpg38539934340_2e2332cf08_b.jpg40349520981_f6711035bd_b.jpg

Pittsburg is another that has a wide variety of Colours. The whole local/express paint scheme isn’t a bad idea, if it works. Brampton has almost perfected it with ZUM branding but that’s simply because they have enough of each branding to not worry about a shortage. 

the public doesn’t care if a blue or orange bus shows up but if miway really cares then they’ll just stop one or the other colour and go to Miway on all buses. But again they’ve invested a lot of money into this branding including the buses but signage and graphic design as well so in the end their best bet is to just improve reliability of a miexpress bus staying on an express run 

4 minutes ago, Gil said:

Based on the routes running on time you can tell which roads are adequately cleared.  I wonder how many of the ghost buses are weather-related and how many are due to drivers not being vaccinated?

NOTABLE-00065.thumb.jpg.9715e985f164c30d92d8fbe9648bd5a3.jpg

I’m certain all those ghost  buses are canceled runs, the 66 is completely fucked with 9 buses all bunched up with each other

7576404D-0FBA-4FDB-B307-7D31FB17A90D.png

C506B32A-2DC4-4532-90A3-48DEAB29266B.png

I see they have installed a 2nd shelter for Dixie Rd Bloor stop, but it needs to be move south as the stop is still non accessibly.

1776 got stuck and was left there to get bury by the plows. A rider was standing in live lanes with a cane by the bus waiting for a bus as I drove by.

Council lips service on snow clearing after 20 years when I first raise the issues, still getting bury in the snowbanks and putting people lives at risk to get around car city or to a bus stop. Not expecting much after I send these photos and a letter to council as it will be the same lip service as before. It will help others who are injury or kill over these conditions.

51830013867_e2d06f3e29_b.jpg51830013712_380c87008f_b.jpg51831309149_092bea8e29_b.jpg51830964196_24feeb7c35_b.jpg51830964086_e661db5650_b.jpg51830964391_5cd6484c32_b.jpg51830014332_ed28127cf7_b.jpg

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

I see they have installed a 2nd shelter for Dixie Rd Bloor stop, but it needs to be move south as the stop is still non accessibly.

1776 got stuck and was left there to get bury by the plows. A rider was standing in live lanes with a cane by the bus waiting for a bus as I drove by.

Council lips service on snow clearing after 20 years when I first raise the issues, still getting bury in the snowbanks and putting people lives at risk to get around car city or to a bus stop. Not expecting much after I send these photos and a letter to council as it will be the same lip service as before. It will help others who are injury or kill over these conditions.

51830013867_e2d06f3e29_b.jpg51830013712_380c87008f_b.jpg51831309149_092bea8e29_b.jpg51830964196_24feeb7c35_b.jpg51830964086_e661db5650_b.jpg51830964391_5cd6484c32_b.jpg51830014332_ed28127cf7_b.jpg

As of Monday, there were around 56 buses stranded during the snow storm. 0733 is still stranded after it crashed into a ditch while on the 57. 1782 got removed from Dundas street after being jackknifed in the middle of the road since Monday. Not sure how many buses are still stranded but there should be a bunch left.

F43AA5A1-84AF-4CFD-A3AA-02D547949481.jpeg

3806AD5D-0F50-4430-8E09-99E668EF2C80.jpeg

8 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

As of Monday, there were around 56 buses stranded during the snow storm. 0733 is still stranded after it crashed into a ditch while on the 57. 1782 got removed from Dundas street after being jackknifed in the middle of the road since Monday. Not sure how many buses are still stranded but there should be a bunch left.

F43AA5A1-84AF-4CFD-A3AA-02D547949481.jpeg

3806AD5D-0F50-4430-8E09-99E668EF2C80.jpeg

How did 0733 ended up there?? looks like he did a 180 or lost sight of the road as to where it was.

Very common to have the artic's jackknife on snow or ice cover roads since MT started to use them.

Have to laugh when ppl say buses should have snow tires and think it easy to do. There the cost of buying them, having a place to store them, the time to install/remove them and no snow tires to begin with. Ask Ottawa about the research they did when they lost haft the fleet in a snow storm related to tires. Have a photo showing X buses jackknife at an intersection. Based on the research, Ottawa bought double deck buses and MT needs to do the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

How did 0733 ended up there?? looks like he did a 180 or lost sight of the road as to where it was.

Very common to have the artic's jackknife on snow or ice cover roads since MT started to use them.

Have to laugh when ppl say buses should have snow tires and think it easy to do. There the cost of buying them, having a place to store them, the time to install/remove them and no snow tires to begin with. Ask Ottawa about the research they did when they lost haft the fleet in a snow storm related to tires. Have a photo showing X buses jackknife at an intersection. Based on the research, Ottawa bought double deck buses and MT needs to do the same thing.

Not sure about 0733s story but my guess is he Tokyo drifted or something like that. I remember when 0325 slid into a ditch between during the winter break (2020) between Erinmills and Winston Churchill while on the 26/36 interline, still don’t know how the operator managed to do that.

E0E1A2AC-0CB0-43F9-A0C6-C2FFCD4C7DAF.jpeg