MiWay

Orion VIII

• 2 weeks later...

City Council gave the go ahead for MiWay to follow the lead of Brampton Transit and effective July 2 with the resumption of fare collection is making the wearing of a face covering mandatory except for those under the age of 2 and who have a disability or medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask.  How the latter will be taken by fellow passengers is to be debated.  Do you present a medical note before boarding?  I know asthma is one such condition where wearing a mask is not recommended.

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

Updated: June 10, 2020

Thursday, June 18 – The MiWay Information Booth at City Centre Transit Terminal will be available at the trailer outside near Platform D. Physical distancing measures will be in place inside and outside of the trailer.

Wednesday, June 24 – The MiWay Fares Booth inside the City Centre Transit Terminal will reopen. Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday from 11:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice. Avoid the line ups and load your PRESTO card online at prestocard.ca or download the official PRESTO App.

Thursday, July 2 – MiWay will resume fare collection and front door boarding. Starting Thursday, July 2, it will be mandatory for riders to wear non-medical masks or face coverings on board buses. Children under the age of two, and people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing any mask will not be required to wear one.

There's been a slight tweak with the next scheduled Service Change on August 3 involving the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS.  Still too far out for them to mention what they have in mind, but there is also still no mention as to the implementation of the Eglinton corridor streamlining.  I'm not sure what they have in mind for eliminating service duplication unless they're taking about the northern half which is also served by Brampton's Züm 502 MAIN.  From my pre-pandemic observations, most people waiting at northbound stops north of the 403 are trying to catch the 502 rather than the 103 (one less transfer at Brampton Gateway vs. taking the first available bus).

Improving service reliability along the Hurontario corridor in anticipation for LRT construction

Date: August 3, 2020

Revised routing for Route 103 Hurontario Express to eliminate service duplication and increase service reliability.

The shift to Kipling Station has become a bit ambiguous with the change now listed as Fall 2020 rather than with September 7/Labour Day change date.  The scheduled changes in Churchill Meadows for October 26 are no longer listed either.  If the current COVID-19 situation doesn't clear up by then, I don't think they'll go ahead with the opening the new community centre and restructure the 9 RATHBURN-THOMAS, 35 EGLINTON and 39 BRITANNIA to serve it.  Will the 50 LISGAR-CHURCHILL MEADOWS be deferred as well?  The Proposed Network Map is still the April version, though I've just noticed them depicting the 2 HURONTARIO as not using Robert Speck and City Centre!

While on the subject of these long compound routes do people actually refer to them by their full name or simply use the usually shorter route name that's displayed on the side desto?  This goes even for just long route names like the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS which just goes by WOODLANDS on the side desto.  Why add a duplicated route name onto another like the 10 BRISTOL-BRITANNIA?  Ever since the restructuring from the beginning of the MiWay 5 plan it's time on Britannia itself has been cut in half.  As for the two HURONTARIO routes currently running, appending a cardinal just messes with the insistence of displaying the route direction as well.  Change one to either BRAMPTON or PORT CREDIT without resorting to adding a hyphenated -CITY CENTRE.  Most will be able to figure it out.

• Thanks 1

The 103 is usually doors closed as soon as it leaves Brampton Gateway under current COVID-19 restrictions, and the articulated 502 buses are often closed-door as well south of Downtown Brampton. I don't like the sound of the sudden "service duplication" talk after nine years of the 103 and 502 running in unison. 

https://seanmarshall.ca/2020/06/12/sorry-bus-full-riding-transit-during-a-pandemic/

img_9100-001.jpg?w=670

Can see why the 103 was cut back to the Hospital as the ridership far off south of the Queensway like the 2. Ridership south of the Queensway will remain low as there is no density there now nor in the future. It was also why the 19A B C terminated at the hospital. The only time there is/was a problem for ridership for northbound buses was when the school day ended.

It will be a bit of a pain when I use the Lakeshore GO Service, but that very rare these days as well going south of Dundas.

It would have be a bitch if service was cut to the north as 502, let alone 17 wouldn't be able handle the ridership on a good day. Many times, the 103 is close door going north from Dundas and more so at Derry. Even today, seen and been on close doors 103 off peak going more north than south.

Have seen close doors for 502 in both direction off peak as well at peak before COVID-19 and more so today.

10 hours ago, UrbanToronto said:

Looks like the 103 is being cut back on the south end, at the hospital, rather than the north. 

https://web.mississauga.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/06/15163815/MiWay-2020-Proposed-Network-Map.pdf

Aside from the random reassignment of route colours among some of the other changes (or lack thereof) the 7 AIRPORT gets cut back to Renforth while the 34 CREDIT VALLEY and 90 TERRAGAR-COPENHAGEN do not get cut in addition to the service restructuring to Churchill Meadows CC.  The 49A McDOWELL routing doesn't change to serve Vista and Bell Harbour while the all-day 49 McDOWELL continues to duplicate service along Winston Churchill.  Having seen that stretch, how much demand is there from the stops along Winston Churchill?  The 50 LISGAR-CHURCHILL MEADOWS is also being implemented.  With a commercial centre taking shape on the south side of Eglinton between Ninth Line and Ridgeway I'm surprised through service on Ridgeway over the 403 hasn't been considered yet.  Take one of the duplicated routes in Churchill Meadows and route it down to South Common giving through service on Burnhamthorpe.  They could at least put the call out box for Erin Mills Town Centre back in if they really don't see it going any time soon.  So much for migrating to the Transitway station!

I wonder with the truncated 7 AIRPORT routing why it didn't duplicate the 24 NORTHWEST's routing completely?  It's short enough now, why make it even shorter.  Given the types of businesses in that area, you'd figure they'd appreciate more overnight service that the service would bring, that is if it is going to keep the overnight service since it's been cut back to Renforth instead of CCTT.

The 35 EGLINTON is still shown as not running past Renforth Station.  I must have pointed that mistake out a few years ago at multiple PICs.  All the written material says that the 35 EGLINTON will continue to serve the subway (regardless of which station).  Meanwhile, I think they forgotten that they've nixed the idea of short turning the 20 RATHBURN as it's missing from the list of routes moving to Kipling unless they plan on keeping it at Islington.  Would MiWay pay less if it were using fewer bays if say only 2 or 3 routes continued using it? 

With a few months to go (depending on when in the Fall construction is completed) I'm surprised they haven't figured out how routes will be reconfigured to serve Kipling.  At this point in the game I don't know why they're still showing Islington as the main subway connection point in their 2020 map.  The 20 RATHBURN, 26 BURNHAMTHORPE and 70 KEATON would probably run down Kipling to Dundas and then enter the new station.  If one or two routes did continue to Islington it'd force MiWay to differentiate which "Subway" station they were going to.  Also, why does the 71 SHERIDAN-SUBWAY PM routing go up the 427 rather than Islington?  Kipling is only slightly more troublesome because of its offramp from the Gardiner leading to Evans Ave. though no more convoluted than using the Dundas exit from the 427. 

There's another odd detail, the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS is shown looping using last April's detour routing along Square One Dr. and Hammersmith Dr. though it continues to Duke of York.  I don't know if they're trying to free up space at CCTT or just try to make Sheridan more accessible, but wouldn't using Square One Dr. from Living Arts Dr. mean fewer turns which would dictate stop spacing and position?  I'm surprised they haven't done this sooner with other routes primarily coming from the east that could turn around at the Duke of York roundabout.

5 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Provided school is back in come September, I hope they'll run the 103 back down to PC. Makes a difference for people coming from far. 

I'm one of those user which given GO Transit's scheduling, I may use Port Credit over Cooksville.  I was thinking the elimination of duplication might have meant running the 103 along a different corridor like McLaughlin or Mavis or even Kennedy/Central Pkwy. especially once construction starts.  Were the turns so time consuming for the 4 SHERWAY GARDENS (still prefer the old APPLEWOOD designation) that they couldn't return to serving the on-site stop at Mississauga Hospital (I still call it Mississauga Gen since there's Credit Valley now) with the 19 HURONTARIO services gone?  I guess the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS will fill that slot.

4 minutes ago, Gil said:

Also, why does the 71 SHERIDAN-SUBWAY PM routing go up the 427 rather than Islington?  Kipling is only slightly more troublesome because of its offramp from the Gardiner leading to Evans Ave. though no more convoluted than using the Dundas exit from the 427. 

I’ve taken the 71 Sheridan-Subway eastbound in the afternoon. The reason why it returns to Toronto via the 427 instead of Islington is so that customers can connect to the the Bloor-Danforth line from Kipling Stn at Aukland Rd. On that note, the 71 is being renumbered to fall under the miExpress services umbrella as the 102 route

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I’ve taken the 71 Sheridan-Subway eastbound in the afternoon. The reason why it returns to Toronto via the 427 instead of Islington is so that customers can connect to the the Bloor-Danforth line from Kipling Stn at Aukland Rd. On that note, the 71 is being renumbered to fall under the miExpress services umbrella as the 102 route

I figured as much, but it seemed strange as you can just as easily access the other MiWay routes from the Green Lane stop at Islington as well as the TTC network.  If MiWay still intends on providing a continued minimum service to Islington you'd wind up with some more convoluted routings in order to be able to serve both Kipling and Islington conveniently.  Otherwise you're left with the LOOONNG walk from Dundas & Aukland to the Kipling Terminal at the bottom of Subway Cres. (I wonder if they'd rename it since it's no longer a crescent but more of a court/cul-de-sac).

That still leaves the question on whether they'll reroute to two-way along Kipling once the migration occurs.  As for the conversion of the 71 into the 102, I've lamented the inconsistencies with the express services.  The 100-series MiExpress routes made sense for routes serving express stops along key corridors where local service was provided.  The 108 MEADOWVALE BUSINESS EXPRESS was the lone exception serving all stops on the local section of its routing in Meadowvale (not that it would make much difference if it served the local stops along Dundas as well - essentially the non-highway portions of the route).  The new 102 SHERIDAN EXPRESS (?) would likely follow this model.  Then you have the current 70-series which uses the highways but makes local stops when running on regular streets.  What's left of the 80-series express routes have express stops but no highway segments.  There's the occasional on-board message about the 87 MEADOWVALE-SKYMARK (should that eventually be changed to Renforth?) being a limited stop route for those unfamiliar with it since it's not branded as a 100-series express route.  Finally the abandonned 200-series express routes seemed to make sense as they were only available during rush hours, whereas the 100-series when they overlapped were all-day (or most of the day).

The survey they conducted earlier this year to get input for the next MiWay Five plan (which I should post some time) had several questions regarding additional express services.  I liked the plan they initially had for the Transitway of having (200-series) express routes come off the Transitway and serve other areas of Mississauga, especially given that there are now few Transitway stops west of CCTT.  If the Transitway service was frequent enough I wouldn't be opposed to making a transfer from one of the new express services. Through-routing them to Kipling or Islington would help improve frequencies along the main trunk of the Transitway and provide additional connections between Renforth Station and the subway.  Otherwise I'm left trying to weigh my options about the quickest trip home based on real-time vs. scheduled trips.  This of course is all predicated on the eventual return of normal service and demand.

8 minutes ago, Gil said:

I figured as much, but it seemed strange as you can just as easily access the other MiWay routes from the Green Lane stop at Islington as well as the TTC network.  If MiWay still intends on providing a continued minimum service to Islington you'd wind up with some more convoluted routings in order to be able to serve both Kipling and Islington conveniently.  Otherwise you're left with the LOOONNG walk from Dundas & Aukland to the Kipling Terminal at the bottom of Subway Cres. (I wonder if they'd rename it since it's no longer a crescent but more of a court/cul-de-sac).

I don’t think all passengers transferring systems would walk down Aukland when there is a TTC bus stop right on the corner (aside from the restaurants in the immediate area of Dundas & Aukland to get a cup of joe, or other refreshments). I just used that as an example 

56 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

I don’t think all passengers transferring systems would walk down Aukland when there is a TTC bus stop right on the corner (aside from the restaurants in the immediate area of Dundas & Aukland to get a cup of joe, or other refreshments). I just used that as an example 

How wrong you are.

With the very odd rider going to Tim's or Starbucks, no one waits for a TTC bus to Kipling and all walk to Kipling. I have seen TTC buses behind Dundas buses and no one got on one. I haven't seen anyone going else where, other than Kipling.

From time to time I get off there than take the extra 5+ minute trip to Islington and not get a seat there.

Come by year end or early 2021, you will be walking to Kipling and no idea what is plan for the new terminal for a joe.

3 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

A lot of people walk to the station. Maybe they don't know that the 111/112/123 would pretty much be faster when they dump you at one of the first 3 bus bays.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, drum118 said:

Can see why the 103 was cut back to the Hospital as the ridership far off south of the Queensway like the 2. Ridership south of the Queensway will remain low as there is no density there now nor in the future. It was also why the 19A B C terminated at the hospital. The only time there is/was a problem for ridership for northbound buses was when the school day ended.

It will be a bit of a pain when I use the Lakeshore GO Service, but that very rare these days as well going south of Dundas.

It would have be a bitch if service was cut to the north as 502, let alone 17 wouldn't be able handle the ridership on a good day. Many times, the 103 is close door going north from Dundas and more so at Derry. Even today, seen and been on close doors 103 off peak going more north than south.

Have seen close doors for 502 in both direction off peak as well at peak before COVID-19 and more so today.

In the fall 2018 MiWay ridership count (the last data set available) the 103 recorded 18,022 boarding and alightings along the full route. 3,036 (17%) of the total were between Lakeshore and the Queensway, a small stretch of the overall route. There is a good amount of usage in this small stretch of the route but if you have data to the contrary, please share that with us. 

Also, what about all the current and planned density in the Port Credit area?

The decision to terminate the 103 at Trillium is very disappointing from a network perspective.  It means there will no longer be a connection to Port Credit GO or the 23 Lakeshore, trip times will become much longer for those looking to bypass the city centre area and combined frequencies along the entire corridor will be worse. Nine years ago, one of the reasons for the integration of the 103/502 and having express service the full length of Hurontario was to set the stage for the LRT on Hurontario, and now a major part of that is being cut back. 

The only positive is improving capacity and operation and Port Credit GO but that alone does not outweigh the significant negatives of this plan.

This is also another great example of how badly the entire MiWay Five plan has been handled. There was no mention of this proposed change in the original plan, nor in the most recent fall 2019 Public Information sessions and it only appeared on the website a few weeks ago. In typical MiWay contempt for communicating with customers there isn't even a link to the MiWay Five page from the website anymore. The only way to get to the page is to google it. 

4 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

In the fall 2018 MiWay ridership count (the last data set available) the 103 recorded 18,022 boarding and alightings along the full route. 3,036 (17%) of the total were between Lakeshore and the Queensway, a small stretch of the overall route. There is a good amount of usage in this small stretch of the route but if you have data to the contrary, please share that with us. 

Also, what about all the current and planned density in the Port Credit area?

The decision to terminate the 103 at Trillium is very disappointing from a network perspective.  It means there will no longer be a connection to Port Credit GO or the 23 Lakeshore, trip times will become much longer for those looking to bypass the city centre area and combined frequencies along the entire corridor will be worse. Nine years ago, one of the reasons for the integration of the 103/502 and having express service the full length of Hurontario was to set the stage for the LRT on Hurontario, and now a major part of that is being cut back. 

The only positive is improving capacity and operation and Port Credit GO but that alone does not outweigh the significant negatives of this plan.

This is also another great example of how badly the entire MiWay Five plan has been handled. There was no mention of this proposed change in the original plan, nor in the most recent fall 2019 Public Information sessions and it only appeared on the website a few weeks ago. In typical MiWay contempt for communicating with customers there isn't even a link to the MiWay Five page from the website anymore. The only way to get to the page is to google it. 

The only reason I can think of for hopefully temporarily removing the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS from Port Credit is that the first phase of construction for the LRT will start there and work its way north while they continue removing medians.  A lot of the utility relocation work seems to have taken place last summer with a few other sections being done this spring.  There is no set date for the removal of the service other than some time in 2020.  That is the narrowest section of Hurontario, so perhaps it was a move to try and mitigate construction delays.  It was mentioned that there would be modifications to service related to construction of the LRT.  I'm sure as we get closer to the implementation date there will be adequate notice.  I don't know if the lighter traffic is speeding up the prep work to counter any COVID measures that may be slowing it down.  Depending on how bad it gets, the 8 CAWTHRA may be a faster trip to City Centre from Port Credit once construction is in full swing!

The one segment of the population that I could see getting upset by the cutback are those with lower incomes.  Since the No Frills closed, I've noticed a lot of people heading up to the Food Basics and FreshCo at Hurontario and King.  Granted the 103 doesn't make a stop there, but it's close enough to Dundas to walk to.  Just as many shoppers get off the bus there as do get on to head north.  Short of running express after the North Service stop and using the QEW and Mississauga Rd. to get to Port Credit I'm not sure what else they can do to mitigate the loss of service from Port Credit.

As for the MiWay Five page, I've just done the search on the new MiWay site.  There isn't really a place for it given the new layout (i.e. it doesn't fit into one of the existing drop down menu categories), but there's always the feedback button at the bottom.  There's also the next round of MiWay Five which is supposed to be presented to the public later this fall if they keep to that schedule.  

I have no hope for Mississauga Transit these past few years and a lot of changes have been poor for riders. The model split hasn't change much in the past 10 years or so that is still well to low for the size of the city and where it should be today, not 2040. The city should be seeing about 140,000 rider a day or 675,000,000 boarding yearly, not the 80-90 million that get used by staff at council. 714-740,000 x 20% x 2 x 275. Density need to be 125-250 per ha along major transit corridors and Hurontario isn't close to this except a few spots. 

I stop years ago doing data collection based on my travels needs that I am very rarely north of Sq On on Hurontario or even use Hurontario these days. Haven't even been on the 502 this year or even used the 103 north of Eglinton. 

I expect the 103 was cut due to the COVID-19 issue and a pain for fast trip to/from PC. One only has to look at the ridership of 2 south of the North Service Rd to see how little they have to stop in that area for riders these days, as well in the past. Quality of service for 2 and 17 sucks for normal service, but has issues dealing with COVID-19 close doors these days, like other routes. It may go back to PC in the fall.

Since the LRT station for PC is next to Hurontario, traffic most likely be reduce to a single lane in each direction using the northbound lane so the tunnel is built under the Lakeshore Line, the new LRT station and moving the sidewalk to the west. This work will not take place until Q2-Q3 in 2021, with road construction starting this fall. Until construction traffic lights are in place, can't do much work like removing the median that hasn't been removed.

There is no acceleration of work taking place as the engineering drawings are still been worked on as well approval by the city and region. The first big push is getting the maintenance complex built so it ready for the new cars in late 2022 or early 2023 to start testing them. They are some places where work could happen soon than later, but up to the builder

Planners and schedulers are still in the Hub and spoke mind set as well thinking everyone is going to Toronto when that not the case in the first place.

One route that needs cutting and said so at council before it went into service and that is the 110 to Clarkson GO. Every trip I been on it, there been less than 10 at all hours of the day in the past. Haven't been on it in over a year.

I like shopping at the Lakeshore NO Frills even though it was small and it was a lost to those who couldn't afford going to Metro or Loblaws since they are over price. in the first place I only go there when things are on sell as I am and have been a cheap shopper for grocery and other things, even though I can pay the high cost in the first place. Within walking distance of a Metro and haven't been side of it for most of the year so far. Even Walmart is becoming over price since they have the market to themselves these days.

Has anyone heard or know about the 106 buses coming from NFI under the PTIF program??? Projects: 16201, 16202, 16239, 17228 and 17229 will cost the city $7,158,000 with $200,000 defer to 2021 for NFI Training.

I know 106 buses where to be order later than normal to replace 0300's and 0500's. Been a while that buses were lasted more than 15 years

36 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Has anyone heard or know about the 106 buses coming from NFI under the PTIF program??? Projects: 16201, 16202, 16239, 17228 and 17229 will cost the city $7,158,000 with $200,000 defer to 2021 for NFI Training.

I know 106 buses where to be order later than normal to replace 0300's and 0500's. Been a while that buses were lasted more than 15 years

The 106 buses you reference along with the listed project numbers were the Nova and New Flyer buses that were received in 2017 and 2018, which were purchased using PTIF funding. Because full reimbursement for these projects still has not been received they are still listed as open projects in the budget report. The charts included with the report make that clear, as do the actual project numbers indicating the projects started in 2016 and 2017. I do not know why there is a note for deferring the payment of training costs for the New Flyers however.

49 Nova LFS 40' (1730-1766, 1801-1812) + 30 Nova LFS 60' (1770-1799) + 27 New Flyer 40' (1701-1727) = 106 buses in 2017 and 2018. 

The only buses on order currently are the 11 New Flyer XDE60s being delivered this fall. Mississauga currently has plans to purchase ~250 buses for 2021-2023 delivery (109 buses projected for 2021) taking advantage of ICIP funding but until that is approved, nothing will be purchased, and there is no guarantee they will be from NFI either.922375284_MiWayfleetprocurementplan.thumb.jpg.055b313e32abb75516c48c38044e7741.jpg

22 hours ago, drum118 said:

One route that needs cutting and said so at council before it went into service and that is the 110 to Clarkson GO. Every trip I been on it, there been less than 10 at all hours of the day in the past. Haven't been on it in over a year.

The 110 service to Clarkson is necessary to provide connections for UTM students to/from the GO Lakeshore Line, and is well used when UTM is in session, after all the majority of UTM students are commuters. Let's not forgot UTM has a active student union and provides millions of dollars in stable revenue to MiWay each year through the UPass program. Removing that service would take away a key connection and would likely be met with vocal opposition from UTM.

• Like 1

Just a thought that ran through my head, why don’t transit agencies like MiWay just unscrew the seats that they don’t want passengers to sit on instead of putting caution tape or posters telling them not to sit on those particular seats?

While I took MiWay I noticed under the seat was all screwed in place by nuts & bolts, which they could easily be unscrewed then put back when social distancing is over. 

I’d understand the middle seat across the back doors plus the 5 back seats, but why not those individual seats? The ones attached to pole stanchions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikenoza said:

Just a thought that ran through my head, why don’t transit agencies like MiWay just unscrew the seats that they don’t want passengers to sit on instead of putting caution tape or posters telling them not to sit on those particular seats?

While I took MiWay I noticed under the seat was all screwed in place by nuts & bolts, which they could easily be unscrewed then put back when social distancing is over. 

I’d understand the middle seat across the back doors plus the 5 back seats, but why not those individual seats? The ones attached to pole stanchions?

The TTC initially thought of doing this...but between the labour involved, needing garage space to store multiple hundreds of extra cushions for possibly months on end, and the obvious point that passengers will eventually just sit on the naked seat frames anyway, they determined it just wasn’t worth the effort.

removing the seats completely solves the Fed up passenger issue, but magnifies the storage problem, and if the attached stanchions have stop request buttons, that wiring harness would have to be addressed- it runs through said stanchion up into the ceiling as one continuous piece to the main trunk harness in the a/c ducting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

During the protest which occupied the Morning Star & Goreway intersection for three days buses were on detour around the intersection and using a temporary on-street loop on Corliss Cres. since access to the Westwood Square Terminal was also supposedly blocked.  MiWay had only posted detour notices (that I saw) on Monday and did not post them on Tuesday.  It was interesting watching the buses make their own loops via Darcel and Brandon Gate.  You'd think after 3 days they'd have figured out the detour.  The TTC had cut back its 52B LAWRENCE WEST to loop at McNaughton instead of detouring.  Brampton Transit didn't post any detour notices.  Here's the notice posted from the Peel Police twitter feed.

UPDATE/EDIT: It seems they are still blocking the intersection (Transit55 was showing the buses inside the Westwood Terminal this morning, but it looks like that's since changed) and MiWay has revised the Service Updates page accordingly this afternoon:

Current
  • Rts servicing Westwood Mall terminal are detoured due to closure of Westwood Terminal and closure of Morningstar/Goreway.
Current
  • RT42 - L Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel. L Morning Star both directions RT11 - R Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT24 - Etude, L Darcel both directions RT104 - Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT7 - Morningstar, L Catalpa, R Brandon Gate, R Monica, R Darcel RT15 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, Darcel to R Morningstar RT30 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, R Darcel to R Morningstar RT 16 - L Monica, R Darcel, to R Morningstar
Current
  • RT42 - L Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel. L Morning Star both directions RT11 - R Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT24 - Etude, L Darcel both directions RT104 - Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT7 - Morningstar, L Catalpa, R Brandon Gate, R Monica, R Darcel RT15 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, Darcel to R Morningstar RT30 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, R Darcel to R Morningstar RT 16 - L Monica, R Darcel, to R Morningstar

What's the point of posting the updates under separate directions if they both display the same information?!  Technically, the turns would be reversed for the opposite direction.  Again, from what I was observing on Transit55 differs from what's listed here.  Perhaps they should come with a disclaimer for people waiting on the listed detour routing but not seeing a bus!  The routing to turn around isn't indicated either, meaning the drivers are free to choose?  That would explain the varied loops.

Edited by Gil
Updated information

Service Changes August 3, 2020

The following routes continue to be affected by COVID‐19:

Reduced schedules

• Weekday – 3, 8, 9, 11, 29, 44, 46, 48, 68, 91, 109, 110
  • Saturday – 3, 26, 109
  • Sunday – 109

Routes temporarily cancelled

• Weekday – 32, 37, 64, 67, 100, 107, 185
  • Saturday – 107, 110
  • Sunday – 101, 107, 110

Remove from COVID communication list for August

• 61, all 300 school routes (not operating in summer)

20 hours ago, TransferCutter said:

Service Changes August 3, 2020

The following routes continue to be affected by COVID‐19:

Reduced schedules

• Weekday – 3, 8, 9, 11, 29, 44, 46, 48, 68, 91, 109, 110
  • Saturday – 3, 26, 109
  • Sunday – 109

Routes temporarily cancelled

• Weekday – 32, 37, 64, 67, 100, 107, 185
  • Saturday – 107, 110
  • Sunday – 101, 107, 110

Remove from COVID communication list for August

• 61, all 300 school routes (not operating in summer)

Other than the 61 (I don't recall if it gets a usual service cut in August) all the other routes here are the same as the existing COVID-19 service reductions.  Unless the 61 is poised to get it's service restored in August?  Then there's also the supposed truncation of the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS from Port Credit to Mississauga Hospital. 

Seeing as they'll need to replace the maps if that goes ahead, should they also remove or change the way the temporarily cancelled routes are shown?  They seemed to do a rather thorough job of replacing the maps when the 19 HURONTARIO was split as there's a notice at the top of the map which makes them easy to spot.  Usually with the smaller changes you'd still see a lot of outdated maps posted in the bus shelters.  Hopefully the full resumption of services coincides with the shift to the new Kipling Terminal and new maps will reflect the restored network and new routings.

Meanwhile, the protest in Malton has shifted to allow buses to enter Westwood but the intersection is still closed forcing detours that aren't posted or followed.

IMG_20200520_1908348.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A couple random observations since I started heading back to work and using transit again:

Must have been a new driver on the 68 TERRY FOX earlier this week.  Missed the turn onto Winterton and instead continued along Guildwood to Bristol, then on to Terry Fox.  There were no detour notices for the Winterton stretch.  The driver then served all of the closed stops due to construction on Britannia instead of the temporary stops outside the construction zone.

Per the no longer listed removed/relocated stops for the 2 HURONTARIO, temporary stops have been posted southbound at John and Hillcrest.  Cooksville GO has over a dozen bus platforms.  Between GO Transit and MiWay that still seems like a few platforms too many unless they're anticipating the station becoming a bigger transit hub for bus routes.

They've started posting the August system map in bus shelters with the truncated 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS  and 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS routing on Square One Drive along with the notice about *mandatory face coverings above the map where the current Hurontario corridor restructuring notice is.

*Medical, age and ability exceptions made.

I know they want to get the word out about the face coverings, the resumption of fare payment and front-door boarding, but rolling it out nearly a month before the next Service Change seems like jumping the gun. 

Is the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS being booted out of the CCTT altogether and has anyone else heard of what other changes they have planned for August?

IMG_20200707_1834100.jpg