MiWay

Orion VIII

The 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS is being routed to serve the CCTT south entrance while the elevator is being replaced as part of the upgrades to the Terminal.  The notice says until further notice, but the second notice has it and the 28 CONFEDERATION stop being relocated to platform H where the 66 McLAUGHLIN (slight pet peeve that the c is captialized on the desto) with the April 27 Service Changes.  The 66 McLAUGHLIN moves to platform F where the northbound 19 HURONTARIO services currently operate.  The 2/17 HURONTARIO (they're going to need to distinguish that if people aren't referring to the route number, maybe the 2 could be PORT CREDIT?) get platform E where the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS and 28 CONEDERATION currently operate and platform D which currently serves the southbound 19 HURONTARIO services is designated as drop off presumably for any 2s or 17s if the other route is at the platform to allow for easy transfers.

When the Terminal was initially at capacity, why wasn't routing service along Square One Dr. considered?  The only time it had ever seen service was when the old City Centre Shuttle was running.  With the traffic circle at Square One and Duke of York it'd make turning the buses around fairly easy for routes approaching from the east.  The current accessibility detour for the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS does nothing for passengers coming from the east without having to transfer to the 91 HILLCREST or 28 CONFEDERATION.

The revised system maps are also now available for viewing on the Maps page of MiWay's site.

Route 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS detour notice:

Current
  • Detour on route 6 starting Apr 13, 2020 for elevator construction at the City Centre Terminal. Route 6 will service temporary stops on Square One Dr to provide access to the lower terminal entrance between Duke of York Blvd and Hammerson Dr. Five stops will be missed on Living Arts Dr and Rathburn Rd between Prince of Wales Dr and the terminal. Click here for details.
Upcoming
  • April 27, 2020

Platform location at the City Centre Transit Terminal will change from Platform E located on the east side to Platform H located on the west side. View our updated terminal map for platform locations.

Transit Toronto has a more details, but hasn't included the map with the detour routing:

6 CREDIT WOODLANDS

Starting Monday, April 13, buses no longer drop off or pick up passengers in City Centre Terminal. However, the buses continue to pass through the terminal before dropping off or picking up passengers at temporary stops.

Eastbound buses operate along their regular route to Living Arts Drive and Prince of Wales Drive, then detour:

eastward along Prince of Wales;
northward along Duke of York Boulevard; and then
eastward along Square One Drive to Entrance #7 to Square One [mall], across from the lower entrance to City Centre Terminal,
ending their trips.

Eastbound buses skip their regular stops

• on Living Arts Drive at Square One Drive and Rathburn Road West,
  • on Rathburn Road West at Duke of York Boulevard and
  • in City Centre Terminal at platform E.

Instead, eastbound buses drop off passengers at a temporary stop

• on Square One Drive at to Entrance #7 to Square One [mall], across from the lower entrance to City Centre Terminal.

Buses then “deadhead” (proceed without passengers):

eastward along Square One;
northward along Hammerson Drive;
westward along Rathburn Road West;
through City Centre Terminal; then continue
eastward along Rathburn West;
southward along Hammerson; and then
westward along Square One to just west of the lower entrance to City Centre Terminal.

Westbound buses start their trips on Square One Drive, just west of the lower entrance to City Centre Drive, then proceed:

westward along Square One;
southward along Duke of York Boulevard; and then
westward along Prince of Wales Drive to Living Arts Drive,
resuming their regular route southward along Living Arts.

Westbound buses skip their regular stops

• in City Centre Terminal at platform E and
  • on Living Arts Drive south of Rathburn Road West and at Prince of Wales Drive.

Instead, westbound buses pick up passengers at a temporary stop

• on Square One Drive, just west of the lower entrance to City Centre Drive.

Detour Route 6.png

Edited by Gil
Added map
  • Like 1

No one seemed to notice the last part of the Hurontario corridor Service Change that overnight service will be interlined from 10pm to 4am:

These routes will be interlined between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m., so you won’t need to transfer when your route ends at the City Centre Transit Terminal; you can stay on the same bus to continue your journey.

Also announced on April 16 along with the other Service Changes taking place on April 27 are these additional service improvements/resumption of service:

New Service Reductions – Effective on April 27:

We will resume regular service on some routes. Express routes will be making all local stops. These changes are in addition to our current service reductions.

Weekday Service Changes

Regular service will resume on the following routes. Express routes will make all local stops:

• 5 Dixie
  • 22 Finch
  • 66 McLaughlin
  • 101 Dundas Express
  • 103 Hurontario Express
  • 104 Derry Express

Saturday Service Changes

Regular service will resume on the following routes. Express routes will make all local stops:

• 101 Dundas Express
  • 103 Hurontario Express

Sunday Service Changes

• 103 Hurontario Express

The message then continues with the Current Service Reductions list a few posts up.  I know the situation is rather fluid in terms of service levels but it does seem a bit confusing when a route appears in both lists.  Are they reduced until April 27 or will regular service resume for only part of the day (say daytime) and the rest of the day stays on the reduced service?  It could be explained or worded a bit more clearly.

The latest MiWay Five 2020 map has been uploaded with the split Hurontario routes.  There are still links to the old one (from January or February) scattered throughout the website which are now dead.  Has anyone been saving them as they've been updated throughout the entire process?  It'd be interesting to see the changes over the whole exercise. 

Once the LRT is up and running will they keep the separate routes or bring back the single 19 HURONTARIO?  (Which I just noticed is the sum of the 2 HURONTARIO and 17 HURONTARIO route numbers!)  It was admitted that some bus service would still be required to serve passengers in between the LRT stops.  I guess the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS will be supplanted by the LRT?

23 hours ago, Gil said:

The latest MiWay Five 2020 map has been uploaded with the split Hurontario routes.  There are still links to the old one (from January or February) scattered throughout the website which are now dead.  Has anyone been saving them as they've been updated throughout the entire process?  It'd be interesting to see the changes over the whole exercise. 

I have the 2015 (first edition), April 2016 update, October 2016 update, July 2017 update, February 2020 update and the most recent update saved. I'm pretty sure I have all the annual service plan PIC presentations saved as well. I've been meaning to get all my MiWay Five material up into a Google Drive folder to share. 

With the new website up unfortunately the old Transitway page is gone along with all the links to the various EA project files. Fortunately enough Google has the pages cached and I saved all the files. Will have to put those up into a Google Drive folder to share as well. 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:39 PM, Gil said:

No one seemed to notice the last part of the Hurontario corridor Service Change that overnight service will be interlined from 10pm to 4am:

These routes will be interlined between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m., so you won’t need to transfer when your route ends at the City Centre Transit Terminal; you can stay on the same bus to continue your journey.

Also announced on April 16 along with the other Service Changes taking place on April 27 are these additional service improvements/resumption of service:

New Service Reductions – Effective on April 27:

We will resume regular service on some routes. Express routes will be making all local stops. These changes are in addition to our current service reductions.

Weekday Service Changes

• 5 Dixie
  • 22 Finch
  • 66 McLaughlin
  • 101 Dundas Express
  • 103 Hurontario Express
  • 104 Derry Express

Saturday Service Changes

• 101 Dundas Express
  • 103 Hurontario Express

Sunday Service Changes

• 103 Hurontario Express

The message then continues with the Current Service Reductions list a few posts up.  I know the situation is rather fluid in terms of service levels but it does seem a bit confusing when a route appears in both lists.  Are they reduced until April 27 or will regular service resume for only part of the day (say daytime) and the rest of the day stays on the reduced service?  It could be explained or worded a bit more clearly.

Once the LRT is up and running will they keep the separate routes or bring back the single 19 HURONTARIO?  (Which I just noticed is the sum of the 2 HURONTARIO and 17 HURONTARIO route numbers!)  It was admitted that some bus service would still be required to serve passengers in between the LRT stops.  I guess the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS will be supplanted by the LRT?

The plan I have been told will see all exist stop remain once the LRT is up and running and will be service by a local bus. Until the split surface, I was expecting it to be the 19 running anywhere between 10-20 minutes, as there isn't indication what the headway will be at this time. Wouldn't be surprise to see every 15 minutes up to X time and 20 after it 7 days a week. The 103 is to disappear once the LRT is running.

Depending when COVID-19 is not an issue and when ridership gets back to norm, they are going to need artic to carry riders at this new headway schedule and seeing a lot of close doors until the LRT is running.

8 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Since route 19 has been split into 2 routes, what does the new destination signs say now? Does it still use the N/S prefix? Or does it say now 2 HURONTARIO SOUTH & 17 HURONTARIO NORTH?

Here are the new destination signs for Route 2 and 17.

2N HURONTARIO TO CITY CENTRE

2S HURONTARIO TO PORT CREDIT GO

17N HURONTARIO TO 407/GO TERMINAL

17S HURONTARIO TO CITY CENTRE

Still says Hurontario on both routes. Note that both routes use the same platform to minimize walking distance for transfers at City Centre Transit Terminal. Between 10 PM until 4 AM the next day on weekdays or the final departure on weekends/holidays, you stay on the same bus if starting on the 17 and need to head south along the Route 2. No need to switch buses during the late evening/early morning hours. 

• Like 2

Plexiglass "Bio Shields" being installed on the entire MiWay fleet, allowing for front door boarding and fare collection to resume once fully rolled out. Note that these should not be confused to be any sort of driver protection shield.

This is a in-house design and from what I understand, it will take at least 2 months to roll this out to the entire fleet of 500 buses.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me (and my browser history) or has MiWay been ramping up their presence in web ads?  One caught my eye regarding the relocation for the 42 DERRY and 104 DERRY EXPRESS routes being relocated from their previous stops at Westwood Square (Platforms E and D respectively) to Platform K since the 107 MALTON EXPRESS is not running as part of the COVID-19 service reductions.  This will apparently allow MiWay to run larger (i.e. artics) and more frequent buses on both routes.  The buses will continue east past Westwood and loop via Darcel, Brandon Gate and Morning Star.  It's not indicated whether or not stops will be served east of Westwood (it would eliminate a transfer to the 22 FINCH or 16/16A MALTON if it did).

Effective May 11th, 2020, Routes 104 and 42 bus stop relocated at Westwood Square Terminal to Platform K

Image may contain: text

Now seeing as all of the express routes are making local stops, what is the difference between the 42 DERRY and 104 DERRY EXPRESS as both have the same routing?  It's essentially a service increase without all of the necessary paperwork.  Also, by now stopping at Platform K is there not enough room for an artic to turn around within the terminal or are they expecting the combined service to generate too much traffic to safely allow that?

Effective: May 11, 2020

To increase passenger capacity on the Derry Corridor, larger buses have been added.
These buses must load passengers at the on-street stop located at Platform K.

Westwood Square Terminal: Routes 42 and 104 will move to the
on-street bus bay on Morning Star Dr, servicing platform K.
Deadhead routing required to return to regular westbound
routing.
Deadhead Routing: Service stop 7100 on Morning Star Dr, left on Darcel Ave,
right on Brandon Gate Dr, right on Teeswater Rd, left on Corliss Cres, right on
Morning Star Dr, left on Goreway Dr continue regular westbound routing.

• 2 weeks later...

May 28 will see the new John St W open for the new Kiss & Ride area At Cooksville GO Station. Will the buses stop be there then once it open, as its a bitch to the GO station using 2 S or 103 S, as John St Stop been close since last year and Hillcrest is close now as well due Gas Line work?? Have to get off at TL Kennedy if that stop is in service, otherwise a loooong walk from Dundas or back track on 2 N

May 28 will also see the closing of the current bus Terminal with GO moving to the new bus bays on the north side and miWay using John St for Drop off and Pickup. Had a looked at the station and can't see any reason at this time why miWay can't using any of the 8 bus bays there. I am assuming miWay will enter the west entrance to get to the new bus bay area and use John St for drop off/pickup and then exit by Hurontario as the current entrance will be close until late summer for rebuilding.

Ran into 3 Sorry Full buses at John stop including a 103 before getting on a 2 N. Then I was on a 109 yesterday that started with 7 of us from Islington and left riders at stops after we had 33 on the Artic bus, even after riders got off at various stop when we hit CCTT.

Edit:

The plan meeting in Sept on miWay 5 year plan has been, cancel given the fact a number of the city project are mandated by the province to have one. Going to interesting how the city and province deal with the mandate.

The City has put of an Tender for Program Management Consulting Service for Rapid Transit Office to deal with the BRT on Dundas, Lakeshore and CCTT/Rapid Transit Connection. If The City receive the requested funding, all of these project must be complete by March 2027. Unless the city plans a larger station and combine it with GO Transit that deals with over 125,000 riders, a waste of money trying to fix the out dated terminal before it was built.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, TransferCutter said:

Effective: May 11, 2020

To increase passenger capacity on the Derry Corridor, larger buses have been added.
These buses must load passengers at the on-street stop located at Platform K.

Westwood Square Terminal: Routes 42 and 104 will move to the
on-street bus bay on Morning Star Dr, servicing platform K.
Deadhead routing required to return to regular westbound
routing.
Deadhead Routing: Service stop 7100 on Morning Star Dr, left on Darcel Ave,
right on Brandon Gate Dr, right on Teeswater Rd, left on Corliss Cres, right on
Morning Star Dr, left on Goreway Dr continue regular westbound routing.

The info posted on MiWay's website (see attached advisory) differs from your description and is what I used in my post.  Either way, I take it that the buses are deadheading along that routing to turn around?

On 5/13/2020 at 6:43 PM, TransferCutter said:

New construction coming to Meadowvale TC

4850059D-8F2A-4145-A3E8-FE9FA36870E9.jpeg

The notice on MiWay's site includes only the terminal map and makes it sound like only the entrance is being resurfaced which left me wondering why they couldn't use the alternate entrance into Meadowvale to get to the terminal.

5 hours ago, drum118 said:

May 28 will see the new John St W open for the new Kiss & Ride area At Cooksville GO Station. Will the buses stop be there then once it open, as its a bitch to the GO station using 2 S or 103 S, as John St Stop been close since last year and Hillcrest is close now as well due Gas Line work?? Have to get off at TL Kennedy if that stop is in service, otherwise a loooong walk from Dundas or back track on 2 N

May 28 will also see the closing of the current bus Terminal with GO moving to the new bus bays on the north side and miWay using John St for Drop off and Pickup. Had a looked at the station and can't see any reason at this time why miWay can't using any of the 8 bus bays there. I am assuming miWay will enter the west entrance to get to the new bus bay area and use John St for drop off/pickup and then exit by Hurontario as the current entrance will be close until late summer for rebuilding.

Ran into 3 Sorry Full buses at John stop including a 103 before getting on a 2 N. Then I was on a 109 yesterday that started with 7 of us from Islington and left riders at stops after we had 33 on the Artic bus, even after riders got off at various stop when we hit CCTT.

Edit:

The plan meeting in Sept on miWay 5 year plan has been, cancel given the fact a number of the city project are mandated by the province to have one. Going to interesting how the city and province deal with the mandate.

The City has put of an Tender for Program Management Consulting Service for Rapid Transit Office to deal with the BRT on Dundas, Lakeshore and CCTT/Rapid Transit Connection. If The City receive the requested funding, all of these project must be complete by March 2027. Unless the city plans a larger station and combine it with GO Transit that deals with over 125,000 riders, a waste of money trying to fix the out dated terminal before it was built.

According to the Service Update page the TL Kennedy stop is the designated replacement for the closed Hillcrest Ave. stop.  No mention about the John St. stop, which theoretically should be back if they're opening up John St. into the station.  The closure stemmed from the work involved in extending it west of Hurontario.  Otherwise, the previous stop north of the tracks might make for an closer connection.  Buses will turn around in the parking lot to exit Cooksville GO.  With the station nearing completion, there has been no indication as to when MiWay will extend the 53 KENNEDY to Cooksville GO.

Westwood-Square-Transit-Terminal-FUTURE.jpg

Meadowvale-Town-Centre-Transit-Terminal-TEMPORARY.jpg

Detour_CooksvilleGO-May25.jpg

18 minutes ago, Gil said:

The info posted on MiWay's website (see attached advisory) differs from your description and is what I used in my post.  Either way, I take it that the buses are deadheading along that routing to turn around?

The notice on MiWay's site includes only the terminal map and makes it sound like only the entrance is being resurfaced which left me wondering why they couldn't use the alternate entrance into Meadowvale to get to the terminal.

According to the Service Update page the TL Kennedy stop is the designated replacement for the closed Hillcrest Ave. stop.  No mention about the John St. stop, which theoretically should be back if they're opening up John St. into the station.  The closure stemmed from the work involved in extending it west of Hurontario.  Otherwise, the previous stop north of the tracks might make for an closer connection.  Buses will turn around in the parking lot to exit Cooksville GO.  With the station nearing completion, there has been no indication as to when MiWay will extend the 53 KENNEDY to Cooksville GO.

Westwood-Square-Transit-Terminal-FUTURE.jpg

Meadowvale-Town-Centre-Transit-Terminal-TEMPORARY.jpg

Detour_CooksvilleGO-May25.jpg

If the bus stop for pickup and drop off is on the north side as noted on the map, how is the layover bus going to pickup riders going eastbound on John St, other than having a stop on the south??

If GO buses are going to exit eastbound from the new bus bay, off miWay buses can't follow that route and dropping riders off closer to the GO Station and pickup riders on John St before exiting the station.

I expect the original stop at John St will be back in service on May 25 and can't use the north access as it close and will remain close until the east section of the new platform opens late this year.

Been a while since been down Hurontario and haven't seen TL Kennedy stop in well over a month and was sure where the gas line stop, other seeing a connect to the school at the north end.

17 hours ago, drum118 said:

If the bus stop for pickup and drop off is on the north side as noted on the map, how is the layover bus going to pickup riders going eastbound on John St, other than having a stop on the south??

If GO buses are going to exit eastbound from the new bus bay, off miWay buses can't follow that route and dropping riders off closer to the GO Station and pickup riders on John St before exiting the station.

I expect the original stop at John St will be back in service on May 25 and can't use the north access as it close and will remain close until the east section of the new platform opens late this year.

Been a while since been down Hurontario and haven't seen TL Kennedy stop in well over a month and was sure where the gas line stop, other seeing a connect to the school at the north end.

The 28 CONFEDERATION runs through Cooksville GO, so I doubt they'd need or even have time to layover.  GO has reduced their train service to hourly during rush hour resulting in reduced MiWay service into the station.  The few times I've boarded the 91 HILLCREST at Cooksville GO there have been a few people on the bus who are riding through the station rather than wait for the returning trip to CCTT.  The driver will probably board passengers then take the layover in the parking lot before turning around and starting the northbound trip.  If the schedule padding hasn't been sorted out yet the layover normally taken along Mavis to stay on schedule will probably just be taken at Cooksville with a delayed departure eventually making up the time along the route.  Theoretically, if there wan't any/ a lot of traffic in the PPUDO the buses could loop through there.

As for why MiWay can't use the bus bays on the north side of the parking garage/station, my guess would be that due to the ongoing construction it would be a liability issue.  It's a GO station, so they're probably covered if something happens to their own vehicles on their property.  Otherwise it could be a bit of NIMBYism with the condo residents not wanting ALL bus traffic to use the west access road which doubles as their driveway.

Cooksville GO construction map

Finally, per Ministry of Health guidelines MiWay is now recommending non-medical face coverings be worn while on public transit:

Updated: May 22, 2020  

NOTICE: The Ontario Ministry of Heath recommends the use a face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask) to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 when physical distancing and keeping two-metres’ distance from others may be challenging or not possible. Learn about face coverings, including how to properly fit, wear, remove and clean your non-medical face mask.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:05 PM, Gil said:

You'll have to do a search on the new MiWay site as they've rearranged (and apparently hidden) some links.  I've mentioned it before, but in using the Triplinx trip planner you can't plan using stop numbers.  Since you need to select an agency, I don't see why they can't add each agency's stop IDs.  It's now a 50/50 guess as to which stop (assuming the cross-streets don't change name at the intersection) to select.  Granted it's not that far generally to the other stop if you select the wrong one, but it's weird they'd eliminate the ability to differentiate or specify. 

Here's the revised MiWay5 implementation plan for 2020 ... :

Simplifying Hurontario local services in anticipation for Hurontario LRT Construction

Route 19s Hurontario

Date: April 27, 2020

Routes simplified and streamlined to minimize service impacts due to upcoming Hurontario LRT Construction.

Enhancing the Eglinton Corridor by Eliminating Service Duplication

Date: June 29, 2020

Route 7 Airport

Revised routing to service Northwest Drive and end at Renforth Transitway Station (previously serviced by Route 24 Northwest).

Route 24 Northwest

Cancelled and merged with Route 7 Airport. Alternate routes: revised Route 7 Airport and 107 Malton Express.

Route 34 Credit Valley

Cancelled to eliminate service duplication. Alternate route: enhanced Route 35/35A Eglinton with increased service frequency.

Route 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line / 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line

Increased service frequency.

It seems like someone changed the dates for the Eglinton Corridor changes but didn't carry them through the entire website.  It seems like the streamlining of the corridor was bumped up by about a month, but the schedule on the Trip Planner still show the 7 AIRPORT, 24 NORTHWEST and 34 CREDIT VALLEY still running on June 1.  There should have been a notice on the Service Update page as well if they were going to make another major change like that.  Aren't the board periods usually about 6-8 weeks.  The last changes took place in late April, so late June sound about right for the next round.

Date: June 1, 2020

Route 7 Airport

Revised routing to service Northwest Drive and end at Renforth Transitway Station (previously serviced by Route 24 Northwest).

Route 24 Northwest

Cancelled and merged with Route 7 Airport. Alternate routes: revised Route 7 Airport and 107 Malton Express.

Route 34 Credit Valley

Cancelled to eliminate service duplication. Alternate route: enhanced Route 35/35A Eglinton with increased service frequency.

Given what's been going on lately, are the plans for this year still on track or will they be deferred?  Rationalizing service in light of budgetary shortfalls seems like a good idea in the case of Eglinton.  There's also still no word on how the overnight service on the 7 AIRPORT will be replaced.  I don't know that the truncated routing for the 7 AIRPORT will need overnight service seeing as it's currently only rush hour service on the 24 NORTHWEST.  Then again, there are a lot of warehouses and shipping companies that rely on the proximity to Pearson that are probably 24-hour operations whose staff would probably appreciate the service. 

Adding the 35 EGLINTON to the overnight service would provide a connection to City Centre and Islington/Kipling for people trying to get to Malton via Renforth Station.  It would also provide some access to Credit Valley Hospital.  Otherwise in order to provide the same level of connectivity, the overnight service would have to retain the old routing.

17 hours ago, Gil said:

It seems like someone changed the dates for the Eglinton Corridor changes but didn't carry them through the entire website.  It seems like the streamlining of the corridor was bumped up by about a month, but the schedule on the Trip Planner still show the 7 AIRPORT, 24 NORTHWEST and 34 CREDIT VALLEY still running on June 1.  There should have been a notice on the Service Update page as well if they were going to make another major change like that.  Aren't the board periods usually about 6-8 weeks.  The last changes took place in late April, so late June sound about right for the next round.

Date: June 1, 2020

Route 7 Airport

Route 24 Northwest

Route 34 Credit Valley

Given what's been going on lately, are the plans for this year still on track or will they be deferred?  Rationalizing service in light of budgetary shortfalls seems like a good idea in the case of Eglinton.  There's also still no word on how the overnight service on the 7 AIRPORT will be replaced.  I don't know that the truncated routing for the 7 AIRPORT will need overnight service seeing as it's currently only rush hour service on the 24 NORTHWEST.  Then again, there are a lot of warehouses and shipping companies that rely on the proximity to Pearson that are probably 24-hour operations whose staff would probably appreciate the service. 

Adding the 35 EGLINTON to the overnight service would provide a connection to City Centre and Islington/Kipling for people trying to get to Malton via Renforth Station.  It would also provide some access to Credit Valley Hospital.  Otherwise in order to provide the same level of connectivity, the overnight service would have to retain the old routing.

It would appear the June 29th board period (BP) was moved up to make official the service reductions that have already occurred.

As for why the board period was moved up I have a theory. Operators had already selected crews for the April 27th BP by the time significant cuts started trickling down and the way cuts to service was done meant that operators who have cancelled blocks as part of their crews have instead become spareboard operators. Essentially some operators have benefited by these cuts regardless of seniority, which is a big deal in a unionized transit environment. By moving up the BP they restore the order of seniority in crew choices as this upcoming BP reflects how service is actually operating. 

Unfortunately the 7 is not being truncated nor is the 34 being eliminated. A single rush hour bus has been cut from the 34 resulting in a 30+ minute frequency all day on weekdays. There's no changes (additions or removals) to service hours on the 7 or 35.

Another unfortunate thing is how service has been cut on some routes. For example on the 26 on Saturdays a single bus has been removed from the schedule without making alterations to the others blocks on the route. The result is a schedule that for the most part runs at a 20 minute frequency, but with a 40 minute gap once ever 6th bus. (20-20-20-20-20-40-repeat) Had there been a proper rescheduling of the route on Saturdays they could have instead provided a consistent 23.33 minute service with the same run times in place. 

This haphazard manner of cutting service almost guarantees crowding/doors closed for those unfortunate enough to find themselves at the tail end of the 40 minute gap in service. It's not fair nor good for operators and passengers alike. 

• Like 1

There will be no stop southbound for John St on Monday as concrete barriers are still there. Unless miWay crew come in tonight to place stop post, there will be done on Monday. Then, riders will have to walk across top soil to get to the curb/sidewalk.

Lot of Bus Full for 103 in both direction on Friday. The 2 I got on today should had Bus Full on it, as it was standing room only and 2 people standing in the both doorway unmask. Yesterday saw 5 riders on the 3 E, but had 16 going east of Dixie where the driver put the Bus Full on. We past a few stop leaving riders standing there and then drop off 6 at a stop. The next stop saw a walker rider get on and said 3 buses had already pass them.

Then I was on 3 TTC 29 route buses where it was beyond rider numbers and people sitting in seat they shouldn't.

As for face mask, going to be hard to enforce on transit, let along on the street. Based on what I saw on Sat, Safe Distance didn't exist to the point it was 60-70% no mask. Used my mask on transit or near a large group of people.

The June 1, 2020 Service Changes are now available for viewing:

On June 1, MiWay will change schedules and service levels on several routes in response to evolving customer demand due to COVID-19.

The changes include:

1. Schedule changes and reduced service due to COVID-19 impacts and seasonal summer adjustments

2. Canada Day service – buses will operate on a holiday schedule on Wednesday, July 1

1. Schedule changes and reduced service due to COVID-19 impacts and seasonal summer adjustments

The following routes will have changes due to COVID-19 impacts or due to seasonal summer adjustments.

Throughout the school year, additional school trips normally run until June 29. Due to COVID-19 and closed school facilities, these routes will provide reduced service starting June 1.

2 Hurontario – New Saturday and Sunday schedules

3 Bloor – Reduced weekday service and new Saturday schedules

4 Sherway Gardens – Reduced weekday service

6 Credit Woodlands – Reduced weekday service, new weekday and weekend schedules

8 Cawthra – Reduced weekday service and new weekday schedules

9 Rathburn-Thomas – Reduced weekday service and new weekday schedules

10 Bristol-Britannia – Reduced weekday service and new weekday schedules

13 Glen Erin – Reduced weekday service

14 Lorne Park – Reduced weekday service

17 Hurontario – New Saturday schedules

20 Rathburn – Reduced weekday service

26 Burnhamthorpe – Reduced weekday service and new Saturday schedules

29 Park Royal-Homelands – Reduced weekday service and new weekday schedules

34 Credit Valley – New Saturday schedules

36 Colonial-Ridgeway – Reduced weekday service

38 Creditview – Reduced weekday service

44 Mississauga Road – Reduced weekday service

46 Tenth Line-Osprey – Reduced weekday service and new weekday schedules

48 Erin Mills – New weekday schedules

49A McDowell-Streetsville GO – New weekday schedules

51 Tomken – Reduced weekday service

61 Mavis – Reduced weekday service

68 Terry Fox – New weekday schedules

74 Explorer – New weekday schedules

91 Hillcrest-Cooksville GO – New weekday schedules

108 Meadowvale Business Express – New weekday schedules

109 Meadowvale Express – New weekday schedules

110 University Express – New weekday schedules

Province of Ontario now recommends those travelling on public transit to wear a non-medical mask or face covering.

The following routes are already running with changed service due to COVID-19:

3 Bloor – Reduced Saturday service

11 Westwood – Reduced weekday service

26 Burnhamthorpe – Reduced Saturday service

44 Mississauga Road – Reduced weekday service

61 Mavis – Reduced weekday service

100 Airport Express – Cancelled on weekdays

101 Dundas Express – Cancelled on Sundays

107 Malton Express – Cancelled on weekdays and weekends

109 Meadowvale Express – Reduced service on weekdays and weekends

110 University Express – Reduced weekday service and cancelled on weekends

185 Dixie Express – Cancelled on weekdays

All 300 school routes – Cancelled

GO shuttle routes – Cancelled:

• 32 Lisgar GO
  • 37 Creditview-Erindale GO
  • 64 Meadowvale GO
  • 67 Streetsville GO

2. Canada Day Service

On Canada Day, buses will operate on a holiday schedule and service will be cancelled on the following four routes:

• 6 Credit Woodlands
  • 28 Confederation
  • 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line
  • 68 Terry Fox

Not running service on Canada Day on certain routes is a new development this year.  With the Canada Day Fireworks pre-emptively cancelled there isn't the late night holiday service required.  With all of the cancelled routes (primarily GO shuttles and Express routes) should they be removed from the system map?  At least the online one?  Or at the very least grey them out similar to what Brampton Transit did with their COVID-19 map?  Showing routes that aren't operating probably leads to unnecessary confusion when trying to plot your trip.  I guess it's still a bit early, but I guess summer school routes will also be cancelled?  The usual Service Change at the end of June/beginning of July which introduces them has been scrapped.

91 and 28 aren't using John St as the plan noted, but using Hurontario Northbound Stop at John St and loop the block to get back on Route. The first 91 I saw was doing a layover on John St. There are large sign stands and notices on the shelter per the new routing and must went up Mon or Tues as they weren't there Sunday.

Saw nothing but bus full going northbound for 2 and the 103 that people started walking after the 3rd close doors, After the 2 close doors and the 3rd 2 close door, I caught the 28 N Since I needed to get to Shopper's At Sq One. As we cross Hurontario, a 4th close 2 N bus was at Hillcrest.

Had another 28 N bus pass us along the route and we were crawling all the way to the terminal. We both arrived at the same time at CCTT.

I don't what others are seeing, but seeing an increase of ridership on some route and going to be interesting to see how it plays out starting June 1 with increase of service.

3 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Over the past little while, I've been working on digitizing Mississauga Transit material to archive online for viewing. This effort led to http://mississaugatransithistory.ca which is now online.

Included on the website are old Mississauga Transit system maps, schedules and frequency guides, service change announcements as well as various council and committee reports related to Mississauga Transit from its beginnings in the early 1970s to present. 

Of course this is just the beginning - there will be much more material to be published over the coming months that will provide a even more complete look into Mississauga's Transit history. The website is pretty bare bones to start as it is meant as a archive for material, but that will evolve over time.

Feel free to take a look and if there's anything you feel should be added to the site or have something to contribute, reach out to me via message or using the email listed on the site.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1