MiWay

Orion VIII

2 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Agreed. I went to the game at Celebration Square on a Sunday night and getting home by transit was a pain. I only had one option of taking GO plus a cab because the bus was late.

IF the Raptors get dragged into a Game 7, it'll also be on a Sunday and a win will probably paralyze traffic across the GTA.  I can only imagine how big the crowds will be at that point.  The TTC already has detour contingency plans in place to deal with the crowds leaving Scotiabank Arena.  I don't know if MiWay does (or GO Transit for that matter), but they should be drawn up fairly quickly if needed!  Especially if we're celebrating, the crowds could take a while to dissipate.

2 hours ago, Gil said:

IF the Raptors get dragged into a Game 7, it'll also be on a Sunday and a win will probably paralyze traffic across the GTA.  I can only imagine how big the crowds will be at that point.  The TTC already has detour contingency plans in place to deal with the crowds leaving Scotiabank Arena.  I don't know if MiWay does (or GO Transit for that matter), but they should be drawn up fairly quickly if needed!  Especially if we're celebrating, the crowds could take a while to dissipate.

MiWay has done some things, by just adding articulated buses on routes 9, 28, etc. What I’d like to see would be extra trips like GO Transit did for their trains especially if games are on weekends. 

13 hours ago, soo8513 said:

Are there any buses currently on order for 2019 or will next tender be for 2020?  Also, I presume a 0301- and a 0851-class will be retained to replace 1738 and 1796?

The 2019 LFS HEV will be entering service in September according to a member that previously posted in the discussion. 

I assume they are keeping the rest of the 08 Artics until 2020 because of the 1796 and 1738 incidents...

But anyway what ever happened to 1738? I didn't hear the full story. Just heard it exploded and got destroyed.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, mikenoza said:

MiWay has done some things, by just adding articulated buses on routes 9, 28, etc. What I’d like to see would be extra trips like GO Transit did for their trains especially if games are on weekends. 

Adding articulated buses on those routes won't help passengers if the service finishes before the end of the game!  Since it's a Sunday there should be enough vehicles to provide some sort of late-night standby service.  I don't know how feasible or easy it is to schedule staffing for such a service though.  Timing would be key as you'd have people likely walking from Celebration Square/Jurassic Park West to the City Centre Teminal.  A win would be even more problematic dealing with celebrating crowds!

On 6/5/2019 at 1:37 PM, The Queensway said:

You can find out on the wiki but it may not be 100% confirmed.

Wiki says 1738 is active and says 1796 is retired.

According to “Abubakkar” he showed me emails from 2018 from someone named Darren who is apparently a manager at Transit maintenance. According to the email it says Nova is still investigating the incidents. It could have changed since then the email was sent a long time ago. 

MiWay has posted the Service Changes taking effect July 1, except it seems they haven't either posted the new system or route maps or fixed their links.

Broadcast_Banner_July1_2019_ServiceChanges_780x175.png

Service Changes Effective July 1, 2019

Below are schedule and routing changes that will take effect on July 1, 2019. Check for updated schedules at miway.ca/planatrip.

3 Bloor

Stop 3150 at Islington Subway
New 5:50 am and 6:15 am westbound trips
The 6:22 am westbound trip will depart at 6:24 am

5 Dixie

Revised schedules – northbound weekend service

11 Westwood

Route simplified by eliminating 11A and 11B route variants to provide consistent routing throughout the week along Goreway Drive and Dundas Street West.  
Morning Star Drive and Rexwood Road in Malton (previously serviced by Routes 11A & 11B) will continue to be serviced by the Route 16 Malton.
Schedules have been revised.

12 Rexdale

Cancelled and replaced with revised Route 30 Rexdale – providing Saturday service and direct connections between Westwood Square, Woodbine Centre and Malton GO with extended service to Islington/Bergamont Avenue.

13 Glen Erin

Stop 0101: 5:18 am northbound trip from Clarkson GO will depart at 5:15 am to improve route connections at Meadowvale Town Centre.

30 Rexdale

Route 30 Woodbine and Route 12 Rexdale combined to new Route 30 Rexdale. Routing extended along Rexdale Boulevard to Bergamot Avenue at Islington Avenue.

Additional hours of service introduced to provide consistent all day service Monday through Saturday and improved connections to Malton GO trains.  Direct connections provided between Westwood Square, Woodbine Centre (on-street stops on Rexdale), Malton GO (during weekday rush hours) and Islington Avenue/Rexdale Boulevard.

Schedules have been revised.

45 Winston Churchill

Stop 0812: The first southbound trip will depart Meadowvale Town Centre at 4:48 am. This trip previously started from Winston Churchill Blvd/Burnhamthorpe Rd.

57 Courtneypark

Revised routing - Stop 3008 on Commerce Blvd south of Matheson Blvd will no longer be serviced.

No changes to schedules.

76 City Centre-Subway

Stop 1306: The 10:18 am westbound trip from Islington Subway will be cancelled.

101 | 101A Dundas Express

Revised weekday schedules

110 University Express

Stop 1406: The 12:46 am and 1:02 am southbound trips from the City Centre Transit Terminal will depart at 12:47 am and 1:03 am.

Summer School Service (July 2 to 30)

Peel District School Board | July 2-29, 2019 | 8:00 am to 1:30 pm

322 John Fraser-South Common 1:40 pm
326 Woodlands-City Centre 1:40 pm
354 Mississauga-City Centre 1:40 pm
356 Rick Hansen-City Centre 1:40 pm
363 Stephen Lewis-South Common 1:40 pm
364 Stephen Lewis-Meadowvale 1:40 pm
366 John Fraser-Meadowvale 1:40 pm

Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board | July 3-30, 2019 | 8:00 am to 1:30 pm

316 St. Francis Xavier-Meadowvale 1:40 pm
360 St. Marcellinus-City Centre 7:22 am 1:40 pm
361 St. Joan of Arc-Meadowvale 1:40 pm
362 St. Joan of Arc-South Common 1:40 pm
365 Philip Pocock-Tomken 1:40 pm
368 Loyola-South Common 1:40 pm
371 Philip Pocock-Bloor West 1:40 pm

You can view the schedules and the related maps, which does give an indication as to what they're doing in Malton with the 12 REXDALE and 30 WOODBINE along with the 16 MALTON.  Contrary to the MiWay5 plan and the map (which hasn't been updated since last September), it looks like the 16 and 16A MALTON will keep their current routings east of Goreway Dr., the new 30 REXDALE (so much for supposedly avoiding such mashups to "prevent customer confusion" about new services) will cover the area west of Goreway Dr. with the old 30 WOODBINE routing, while also extending to Islington Ave. on the old 12 REXDALE routing and providing all-day service Monday to Saturday with peak service into Malton GO.

Thankfully, with tonight's Raptors game weekday service does run later than on a weekend.  Hopefully late enough to clear the crowds out of Jurassic Park West/Celebration Square should they win tonight!  There should be enough artics at that point in the day/night to accommodate the crowds.  What it will be like getting in and out of downtown is another matter...

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Is MiWay still considering getting the Nova LFS Hybrids despite the power steering issues that Toronto and the province of Quebec suffered last winter?

MiWay was awarded the LFS HEV contract in like October. They are being built right now and will be delivered in September. 

13 hours ago, Gil said:

Is the delay at this time of the night on the 3, 6, 10, 19, 20, 26, 28 and 34 attributable to the crowds at Celebration Square letting out?

IMG_20190611_002715.png

Yes, I was there and there were lots of people leaving in cars and packed buses. Burnhamthorpe and Living arts along with City Centre Drive were closed in some parts. 

The MiWay links to their maps are working now, but they've got the Weekday and Express links mixed up (i.e. clicking on one takes you to the other).  It doesn't help that they also keep changing the file names.  Looks like the 30 REXDALE is keeping the 30's colour as well.

Weekday: https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/miway/systemmaps/SystemMap_July1_2019_Weekday.pdf

Express: https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/miway/systemmaps/ExpressMap_July1_2019.pdf

Saturday: https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/miway/systemmaps/SystemMap_July1_2019_Saturday.pdf

Sunday: https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/miway/systemmaps/SystemMap_July1_2019_Sunday.pdf

6 hours ago, leniwy said:

The did mention a slight route revision for the 57 COURTNEYPARK, but that involves serving Renforth Station.  I'm surprised they haven't increased service on the remaining routes between Renforth and Islington, but with the summers tending to be quieter hopefully they'll add service in September.

miWay Budget for 2020 is to see 2% increase as well 31,000 service hours.

Money being move into LRT since a contractor will be known come Sept or sooner for it.

Presto is to cost $6 million more in 2020 for a 3% increase over 2019

miWay to see $6 million less from the province

9 hours ago, drum118 said:

miWay Budget for 2020 is to see 2% increase as well 31,000 service hours.

Money being move into LRT since a contractor will be known come Sept or sooner for it.

Presto is to cost $6 million more in 2020 for a 3% increase over 2019

miWay to see $6 million less from the province

The actual projected increase for Presto Commissiom is $1.6 million  (0.3%) and for the Provincial Gas Tax impact it is $1.5 million decrease. See screenshot below from next week's budget presentation, I'm not sure how you came up with the $6 million figure for both categories. 

20190621_071745.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

The actual projected increase for Presto Commissiom is $1.6 million  (0.3%) and for the Provincial Gas Tax impact it is $1.5 million decrease. See screenshot below from next week's budget presentation, I'm not sure how you came up with the $6 million figure for both categories. 

20190621_071745.png

Your right as I looked at the $6 for the tax bill