MiWay

Orion VIII

2 hours ago, Transit geek said:

That bus was in due time for retirement within the next year or so. Glad it wasn't a new Nova involved or else...

P.S. wondering if collision warning systems might have been able to brake the bus in time to minimize the damage?

So you're assuming the bus was moving when it got rear ended...

And I doubt a bus built from 2005 would have the technology for that.

Pics at Central! IMG_9365.JPGIMG_9244.JPGIMG_9247.JPGAnd some important info:
312 - Average kms each bus clocks on a week day
71,300- Average km’s each bus clocks yearly
37 – Amount of km the route 109 does daily, the longest MiWay route
1,201,994 – Kms bus # 0304 has the odometer; the highest on the fleet as of March 16th, 2018
7 – Amount of kms the route 37 does daily, the shortest MiWay
305/70R/22.5 – The tire size of all buses
50,000L – The amount of diesel delivered daily to the Central Parkway location, or 18,250,000L yearly
1,300,000L – The amount of diesel delivered yearly to the Malton location
34 – Number of seats on the new Nova buses
8 – Number of wheels on a 60 foot articulated Nova bus
80 – The average number of passengers that safely fit on a new Nova bus (sitting & standing)
500 – Number of buses in total on the MiWay fleet by Dec 31, 2018
(15 hybrid, 335 40-ft orange,  83 40-ft blue. 45 60-ft orange, 22 60-ft blue)

Source: Mississauga Media.

Edited by Happy Power
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

He probably copy and pasted it from a website, probably unreliable 

Actually, it was from the Mississauga Media page, and the info was IMPORTANT, that’s why I said “important info” so stop always accusing me for doing things. Admins, are already taking care of it.if you keep on Reporting things to the Admins you will be held accounted for.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Happy Power said:

Actually, it was from the Mississauga Media page, and the info was IMPORTANT, that’s why I said “important info” so stop always accusing me for doing things. Admins, are already taking care of it.if you keep on Reporting things to the Admins you will be held accounted for.

First of all, I didn't report this to the admins. Maybe you are accusing me of doing that...?

Second of all, this isn't really considered "inportant info", rather "fun facts". You copy and pasted all of this from a website and even the pictures were from the website. I also don't think that information is that really reliable to an extent as @drum118 pointed out and that the story was posted in May. (FYI, it should be 10 wheels on a Nova bus Artic, including the rear (ZF AV 132) and centre (ZF AVN 132) that has 4 wheels per axle)

Also the fact that you just posted it without referring to the website made me think that the you posted some bullshit, which is quite reasonable to think that.

Thirdly, your reputation of posting has really gone down which is understandable that someone would call you out. With that attitude and threat of "be held accounted for", it's something to really behold, especially coming from someone like you who has made multiple accounts to continue posting random nonsense.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

First of all, I didn't report this to the admins. Maybe you are accusing me of doing that...?

Second of all, this isn't really considered "inportant info", rather "fun facts". You copy and pasted all of this from a website and even the pictures were from the website. I also don't think that information is that really reliable to an extent as @drum118 pointed out and that the story was posted in May. Also the fact that you just posted it without referring to the website made me think that the you posted some bullshit, which is quite reasonable to think that. Also, it should be 10 wheels on a Nova bus Artic, including the rear (ZF AVN 132) and centre (ZF AV 132) that has 4 wheels.

Thirdly, your reputation of posting has really gone down which is understandable that someone would call you out. With that attitude and threat of "be held accounted for", it's something to really behold, especially coming from someone like you who has made multiple accounts to continue posting random nonsense.

He also acted as if they were his photos. No credit or anything. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kelvin3157 said:

(FYI, it should be 10 wheels on a Nova bus Artic, including the rear (ZF AVN 132) and centre (ZF AV 132) that has 4 wheels per axle)

I believe that the Novabus artics only have 8 wheels. The centre axle has 2 wide profile tires. I don’t think Nova changed up their designs on that yet. I’m sure of this because TTC has the same wide profile tires on our buses. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

I believe that the Novabus artics only have 8 wheels. The centre axle has 2 wide profile tires. I don’t think Nova changed up their designs on that yet. I’m sure of this because TTC has the same wide profile tires on our buses. 

The wiki article said that the centre one was just the rear axle without the drive. It didn't talk about the wheels so I assumed the centre one had two wheels.

https://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/ZF_AV_132

"The passive non-driving version of the axle is known as the AVN 132 and is commonly found in articulated buses."

8 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

It looked like there were two wheels per axle at an angle, and I was reading that it could be similar from the one of the wiki articles:

https://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/ZF_AV_132

"The passive non-driving version of the axle is know as the AVN 132 and is commonly found in articulated buses."

The rear are dual tires. The center is a 1.5 wide single tire. Similar to the rear tires on a 30 foot Vicinity.

The reason I question riders numbers is the fact manufactures based that number on the square feet that riders can use that is based on a sq ft number based on a thin person with nothing in their hand. A fair number of systems use this number to do a selling job to everyone.

I have challenge various manufactures and systems to a ridership number on various vehicles based on various models and yet to see this challenge take place.

I have yet to ridership numbers on Nova Buses, but I do know you can't 80 riders on other 40' bus. The closes I have seen to that number was a TTC Orion VII on a 300 route during an event when TTC ran the subway west as far as Christie Station. It was a few short of that number and only that high as there were females sitting on one or 2 riders laps. It still left a lot of riders including myself to wait for the next 2 buses before getting on.

I have seen 105 riders on an MT Artic bus to Wonderland that had small kids, carts and other items on it, when it supposed to carry 125. 100 is all you going to get on an Artic bus at the best of time. Been on a close door Artic on 19 from Dundas to Sq One with 12 riders since there were 8 strollers bocking all door ways and other areas. I would be the 13th since I never count myself. 

We are not the same size, wear winter coats vs non during the summer, have strollers, walkers, an accessibility rider, grocery cart, luggage and the list goes on that will reduce the amount of so call space on a bus to the point it can run close doors and leaving people to wait for the next bus. 

MT has been challenge and refused it.

Based on who I know at MT (miWay) and talking to a driver I know outside yesterday, HappyPower doesn't work for miWay as claim. 

I've counted 97 passengers stuffed onto an older GM New Look (upholstered seats variety). My count may have been off by two or three.

This was back when the 106A York U Express came three times an hour. The one that arrived on the hour met a huge lineup at the Ross stop (as it then was), and left stuffed to the gills. I got on at the stop before and got a good seat for counting people boarding.

It was all starving students back then, none of this present day obesity epidemic. :P

previous.gif

Re: Happy Power's stats

The stats were credited to a generic-sounding "Mississauga Media", which combined with the messenger leads me to question how accurate they actually are.

I would have figured the 25 TRADERS LOOP which clocks in at just over 5km was the shortest, though the wording makes it sound like it was based on either a day or even a rush hour period, which given there are several runs of the 37 ERINDALE GO it would definitely rack up more than 7km.  The 57 COURTNEYPARK sounds like it could give the 109 MEADOWVALE EXPRESS a run for longest route with service to the Infield Terminal at Pearson at least until it gets cut to Renforth Terminal once the MiWayFive Service Changes are fully implemented.

• Thanks 2

It was mussing to watch 2 miWay buses taking turns trying to get into/out of various bus bays at Islington today as I was heading home. At one point, it was follow the leader.

New training drivers were learning how to enter/exit the various bays while trying not to run into other miWay buses or TTC entering/exiting the station. Came close a few times. Look like 4 new drivers on each of the 2 Orion VII Hybird buses, as the windows were very dirty except for one window that was hand wash, but on opposite side of each bus near the front side to tell for sure.

Got to learn how to use Islington for the next 2 years and toady was a good day to do it.

• Thanks 2