MiWay

Orion VIII

On 10/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, Kelvin3157 said:

Knowing MiWay, I really don't think they'll fix it, it's better off buying a new bus and salvaging parts from that. A driver friend I know also said they'll probably just get another one.

If they really want to cheap out and get a new trailer for the bus...

On 10/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, Kelvin3157 said:

According to a source, about 800k. Even if it isn't written off, they might just get another one to save the hassle of repairs, like what TTC did with 1517 and 1671. But that is my assumption. If they get a new back for 1796, good for them.

Yes it is

By the way, if by 'they' you mean MiWay, you're misinformed if you think that MiWay themselves will make that decision especially if it isn't deemed to be a warrantable repair as smallspy stated. MiWay is a city department and the city is self insured, so the risk management department will play a big role in determining what happens. One major factor that will be looked at is the value of the bus. Given that the bus is less than a year old and has a replacement value of $920,000 ($76,000 annually) which means the bus is still worth well over $800,000 even after factoring in any other deprecation methods, simply saying they won't fix it is inaccurate.

I will also point out that *if* the bus ends up getting repaired or a new trailer, it won't be cheaping out as you put it, rather the city's risk management department has determined that it is the most cost effective action in the interest of the city.

As for the cost of the Nova LFS artic, the cost per unit when purchased in late 2016 was approximately $920,000 (HST included)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Unkown D40LF involved in a fatal collision at Bloor and Tomken

It happen before midnight last night on route 3. Car ran into the rear of the bus, with the driver being 70 and injury an 60 women. Damage looks light on the bus.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, transitfan100 said:

Bus was 0564

That bus was in due time for retirement within the next year or so. Glad it wasn't a new Nova involved or else...

P.S. wondering if collision warning systems might have been able to brake the bus in time to minimize the damage?

• Thanks 1