MiWay

Orion VIII

My test is on next Friday. Anyone has test coming sooner? 

The test include written assignment, a computer multiple choice and STRADA.

I wondering what is written assignment?

How to prepare those Multiple Choice questions?

Thanks in advance 

17 hours ago, Dennis33c said:

My test is on next Friday. Anyone has test coming sooner? 

The test include written assignment, a computer multiple choice and STRADA.

I wondering what is written assignment?

How to prepare those Multiple Choice questions?

Thanks in advance 

When did you apply? I'm curious to see what the timeline is

Driver friend on the 3 saw it happen. Happened near Bloor/Cawthra. He also didn't pay attention to the fleet number as well. It was towed away quickly in time for rush hour.

I have a feeling it was 1117, it was last seen on route 8, which passes by that area.

• Like 1

(Sorry for the double post)

There was a bit of a mix-up today that I'm confused about.

Me and @Kelvin3157 took MiWay 1008 on route 185 northbound, which supposedly ended up breaking down at Dixie/Eglinton due to some sort of engine issue.

We left Dixie Station at 15:40, but it wasn't on the 15:30 or 15:45 run, because both runs already had buses on them and the latter is run by Brampton Transit.

What run was 1008 supposed to be on? 15 minutes after it supposedly broke down it was still sitting at Dixie/Eglinton, destination signs still saying 185, engine cover closed. It never showed up on the trackers, so I'm wondering if there was some sort of mix-up with the dispatchers regarding this bus.

22 minutes ago, TransitfanJW said:

(Sorry for the double post)

There was a bit of a mix-up today that I'm confused about.

Me and @Kelvin3157 took MiWay 1008 on route 185 northbound, which supposedly ended up breaking down at Dixie/Eglinton due to some sort of coolant issue.

We left Dixie Station at 15:40, but it wasn't on the 15:30 or 15:45 run, because both runs already had buses on them and the latter is run by Brampton Transit.

What run was 1008 supposed to be on? 15 minutes after it supposedly broke down it was still sitting at Dixie/Eglinton, destination signs still saying 185, engine cover closed. It never showed up on the trackers, so I'm wondering if there was some sort of mix-up with the dispatchers regarding this bus.

It was signed on the 185 from the iBus system, the PRESTO and announcement system was working. The driver ended up getting a call from control and said that the driver can no longer continue on its way (most likely from the engine problem). The Brampton run came as soon as the driver announced that he was going out of service.

Driving south on Cawthra this afternoon, pass 4 #8N buses with 3 having no riders on them, but could have miss them. They were a few minutes apart. The first one was more or less the normal 8 and didn't have a clear view as to riders. The next 2 were NovaBus Artic and they were follow by a Nova 40' that had no one on it.

Tonight, pass an 39W Nova Artic and the first time seeing one on this route around 8

1 minute ago, drum118 said:

Driving south on Cawthra this afternoon, pass 4 #8N buses with 3 having no riders on them, but could have miss them. They were a few minutes apart. The first one was more or less the normal 8 and didn't have a clear view as to riders. The next 2 were NovaBus Artic and they were follow by a Nova 40' that had no one on it.

Tonight, pass an 39W Nova Artic and the first time seeing one on this route around 8

Route 8 has a number of school specials, including at least two in the afternoon that use artics (Transit 55 gives me the interlines as 14/8/70/1, 14/8/108/1, 38/8/70/1). They would likely have been pretty empty today as it is the last day of high school.

5 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Route 8 has a number of school specials, including at least two in the afternoon that use artics (Transit 55 gives me the interlines as 14/8/70/1, 14/8/108/1, 38/8/70/1). They would likely have been pretty empty today as it is the last day of high school.

I know that since it was nice from time to time to have a pick of low ridership buses going to Sq One when they hit my stop.

Even on good days, very few riders on the buses, but were all 40's.

Was on 2 Nova 40's Buses yesterday with broken rear doors for the whole trip. Had to exit by the front door.

Saw no 40's at all today, including at Islington to the point saw 3 blue on #3 on one trip going the opposite way.

Did some of the 40's get pull for inspection and to fix door issues???

Have Fun

Starting July 9th, Alectra Utilities will be installing new infrastructure along Rathburn Road West, between Station Gate Road and City Centre Drive. During this time there will be a short term closure of the MiWay City Centre Transit Terminal. Buses will be relocated onto Rathburn Road on July 16th until the station reopens on August 8th. For more details visit miway.ca/cctt for details. 

Does anyone know who operates the Ex-Miway ElDorados being used on the Airport Sky Shuttle at Pearson Airport. Can't seem to find any info on Google and there is no wiki page for them, they seem to be new at the Pearson Airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTL66 said:

Does anyone know who operates the Ex-Miway ElDorados being used on the Airport Sky Shuttle at Pearson Airport. Can't seem to find any info on Google and there is no wiki page for them, they seem to be new at the Pearson Airport.

I believe the Airport Sky Shuttle is operated by City View Bus Sales through a company associated with them (Airport Shuttle Ltd.), they own the buses and also do all maintenance work on them. There are 3 Eldorados, S12, S13, S14 which are usually parked at the Marriott Courtyard/Hotel Carlingview on Carlingview visible from the street.

The group of hotels on Carlingview have always had a shuttle bus service to/from the airport for as long as I can remember although I don't know if they've always been operated by City View/Airport Shuttle Ltd. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

344 was on the hook heading to CP on Burnhamthrope at Central Parkway about 4 pm

A Nova Bus broken down at Central Parkway and Burnhamthrope going westbound with supervisor behind the bus.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drum118 said:

344 was on the hook heading to CP on Burnhamthrope at Central Parkway about 4 pm

A Nova Bus broken down at Central Parkway and Burnhamthrope going westbound with supervisor behind the bus.

...and both of those buses were on the same route ironically.

But the Nova wasn't broken down. It was involved in an accident involving a pedestrian.

• Like 1