MiWay

Orion VIII

My friend told me that we are planning to get a route that will replace 53 Kennedy. 

The route is the 17 Central-Kennedy which will go from Square one to Derry road, while serving the Central Depot and the park at Bloor & Central.

48PcNfLb.png

O3ZKRD5T.png

Can someone please verify these sources?

18 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Where did you get the map from? Because the 17 isn’t part of the five year plan. The 53 stays. 

It was a map my friend sent me. He told me one of the MiWay employees told him this was a concept that hasn't been reviewed yet.

Can someone also explain to me how beneficial this route would be if it were to be in service? I don't really see the benefits of the route passing on Central since there are plenty of routes that go near or on Central Parkway.

7 hours ago, mikenoza said:

It was a map my friend sent me. He told me one of the MiWay employees told him this was a concept that hasn't been reviewed yet.

I think its best if @Silly Tilley answered that, because as far as I can tell, its not mentioned in the 5 year plan. However, on the cover it looks quite official, considering it was produced by Lucidmap (though that may be of no relevance). 

7 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Can someone also explain to me how beneficial this route would be if it were to be in service? I don't really see the benefits of the route passing on Central since there are plenty of routes that go near or on Central Parkway.

It serves a considerable chunk of Central Parkway, hence the name, "Central-Kennedy". Other routes serve bits and pieces of it; but this proposal essentially stays on Central for its entire route, including where it becomes Kennedy. It covers what the 6 used to cover, and adds to the part of Central that the 28 covers (which is very little). East of Confederation, Central has no routes on it save the 8, but even that is only for a few hundred meters. But most importantly, it seems to provide a connection to the Transitway. In other words, it saves many people in that area around Central Parkway from having to catch a bus to CCTT and transferring there. 

If the 53 route is change from what it current is, this means route 8 will still exist and not be remove as plan. Otherwise, another route will have to service Mississauga Valley.

If the 53 is change, the people who use it on the Valley will have to do a transfer to catch the 53 if the want to go to the plaza or up north. It will also mean that the route will not service Cooksville GO Station as plan.

Another example of clueless planning that has exist for decades.

What the 53 does by going along Central Parkway to Mavis and to Sq one is offer service on CP that doesn't exist today and will see poor ridership. It will beef up 28 to deal with the high school that used to see service by 6.

Instead of going to Sq One, continue west on CP to Burnhamthrope and loop back east or to the GO station and loop there.

What is still needed is a route on Mavis that goes to Dundas and then to Cooksville GO Station. Gets riders to the GO station and take pressure off 19 since the current riders using 68 can bypass Sq One as well cutting any back tracking going west.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:55 AM, mikenoza said:

My friend told me that we are planning to get a route that will replace 53 Kennedy. 

The route is the 17 Central-Kennedy which will go from Square one to Derry road, while serving the Central Depot and the park at Bloor & Central.

48PcNfLb.png

O3ZKRD5T.png

Can someone please verify these sources?

Nope, because it's plainly obvious that's a poorly modified route 53 map. The 'Purposed' routing (spelling?), the fact that Mavis Road is pasted onto the map and Fairview is labeled should have been enough of a hint. 

10 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Were operators ever trained on the EZs when they first came?

They would have had to be. Every time there is an unfamiliar bus, there is always a break in period. The training department gets it first and subsequently trains operators to familiarize them with the new equipment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Anyone know if our 18s are coming with the new driver's window?

MTA is suppose to get them May of this year. After that, they may start to come like that for all orders.

Just now, curlingteam333 said:

Not really, it might come out with old driver window cause we don’t know when the new driver window start rolling up. MTA from New York Ciry will be the first to have new driver window.

1 hour ago, TransferCutter said:

Would like to see pictures of that.  Hope there were no injuries and everybody is ok

4458C261-1907-43EE-8299-769BB082D84A.MOV

I send the videos but none of injuries everybody is safe but looks like most of students who were late for school.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the vid, but I'm not sure 1037 will be out for too long. Not even close to anything like 0642 or 1313. You'd be surprised how much damage a bus can inflict onto a car without suffering too much itself, and alot of that is thanks to the energy absorbing bumpers.

This video puts it perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/03/2018 at 1:22 PM, curlingteam333 said:

Miway 1037 will be gone for a while cause of accident with SUV this morning that I saw in person when’s I saw the bus with full of people ended up with front right ends. I saw the bus hits the SUV.

1037 is back in action currently on route 19a

1 minute ago, soo8513 said:

According to 55 0930 worked the 73 this afternoon.  Can anyone verify? Perhaps the tweet of 0703 was related to the 0701-series and not the entire 36-bus fleet of 30-footers.

I can confirm it was on the 73 for pm

4 hours ago, soo8513 said:

According to 55 0930 worked the 73 this afternoon.  Can anyone verify? Perhaps the tweet of 0703 was related to the 0701-series and not the entire 36-bus fleet of 30-footers.

Just the older ones they say here. Surprised they didn’t use an 0700 photo. 

6C550BF3-C97A-4DF8-B5A1-D628B8B5B106.png