MiWay

Orion VIII

6 hours ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

Perhaps instead of being a whiny kybosh foamer going nuts about every small detail or lack of convenience in tracking tools, take some effort to determine who is responsible for maintaining the service, and contact them in a friendly manner, thanks.

Perhaps instead of calling a foamer and loosing your shit every time I post something and calling me out on every chance you get, take some time and effort to observe what Orion VIII said last time he closed the thread BECAUSE OF YOU, and go back to your YRT thread and stop acting like an asshole in a friendly manner. Thanks

1 hour ago, Brichmount19 said:

Guys, don’t you know who the developer of transit55 is, well if you don’t it is the administrator of CPTDB @1604 it’s not even a big deal, you guys already know that their the new Novas so why does it matter? It’s not like your going to forget that.

Huh? Scroll up a few posts. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Rami A. said:

I'm so happy I never check this thread, because the only pic I have of MiWay is this: 20171119_134140.thumb.jpg.8feb169282f3af025331c348f24ce460.jpg

I was actually looking for a H5 lel.

I don't think that is/was an MT unit (could be wrong). Reason I say it is because a) our 2001 VII unit #s were 0101-0114 and b ) they came with the shiny Alcoa rims, and those look like Accurides from that angle (could be wrong on that too). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

I don't think that is/was an MT unit (could be wrong). Reason I say it is because a) our 2001 VII unit #s were 0101-0114 and b ) they came with the shiny Alcoa rims, and those look like Accurides from that angle (could be wrong on that too). 

This bus was renumbered and repainted in a different scheme lol.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Mississauga_Transit_0101-0114 Look at 0103. "Sold to a movie production company". It was repainted once they owned it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

3 minutes ago, Rami A. said:

This bus was renumbered and repainted in a different scheme lol.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Mississauga_Transit_0101-0114 Look at 0103. "Sold to a movie production company". It was repainted once they owned it.

It is most likely 0103 as 0101 is believed to still be in the NYC livery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Its either painted or they have a surplus of parts.

No way those are painted Alcoas. Parts surplus perhaps.

5 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

They have 2 or 3 units. 0101 is possiblu in the NYC amd this may be 0103. They may have another one.

I didn't know there were multiple units, though it was just the one that we've seen on the board. Thanks for that. I've only seen one in person w/ @noahrp24, and IIRC that was 0103 in half MT, half MTA livery.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Yup, but that was repainted into the MTA livery. This is different.

I'd love to hear more about the whereabouts of 0101 or other VIIs of the batch if anyone is aware of them.

10 minutes ago, transitfan100 said:

idk if anyone noticed this on the novas but when the announcer says the stops it sometimes breaks up

doesnt do that with stop requested or with short syllable street names

If I'm understanding what you mean....

"Stop Requested" is essentially one announcement to passengers that doesn't need to be modified, because the message is pretty simple and self explanatory. In the same way statements like "thank you for riding MiWay" and "Please move to the rear of the bus" are also prerecorded announcements with no need for modification. 

As for stops, I believe MiWay prerecords things like "North of", "South of", "First stop south of", "East leg" etc. in bits so that they don't have to record every single stop in the MT system. This way, they just have to record street names, and then play the recording in conjunction with any additional information, i.e. North of, East of, North leg etc. So that's why on existing buses, sometimes additional information like the "North of" statement is usually a different tone compared to where the bus is stopping, i.e. Eglinton Avenue, Dundas etc. Also included in prerecordings of course, are things like "Court", "Street" ,Terminal", etc. 

In the case of the Novas, I suppose the timing is off, so there is a noticeably large gap when stops are called out. 

Edited by MiWay0310
more comprehensible, better vocab.

11 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

If I'm understanding what you mean....

"Stop Requested" is essentially one announcement to passengers that doesn't need to be modified, because the message is pretty simple and self explanatory. In the same way statements like "thank you for riding MiWay" and "Please move to the rear of the bus" are also prerecorded announcements with no need for modification. 

As for stops, I believe MiWay prerecords things like "North of", "South of", "First stop south of", "East leg" etc. in bits so that they don't have to record every single stop in the MT system. This way, they just have to record street names, and then play the recording in conjunction with any additional information, i.e. North of, East of, North leg etc. So that's why on existing buses, sometimes additional information like the "North of" statement is usually a different tone compared to where the bus is stopping, i.e. Eglinton Avenue, Dundas etc. Also included in prerecordings of course, are things like "Court", "Street" ,Terminal", etc. 

In the case of the Novas, I suppose the timing is off, so there is a noticeably large gap when stops are called out. 

the timing is the same but the voice breaks up when it tries to call out anything sometimes it does "field(gate) drive" and "vol(t)arie cresce(nt)" 

brackets mean that syllable isnt called out