MiWay

Orion VIII

18 minutes ago, Gil said:

There was a 97 express during the Para Pan Am Games in 2015, but it ran from Port Credit GO to the Hershey Centre via City Centre, but the exposures don't match up with the route:  Route 97

I do remember that...although I guess it was more of a temporary thing? 

To me, what I saw today seems kind of pointless, no? I mean, Dundas to Ridgeway is covered pretty much by the 1 and 101A, unless they're trying to fill some of the gaps in the 1's service. On top of that, it's a blue bus, which probably means nothing....perhaps its a test run? A sneak peak for the future?

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to join posts. Usually it's done automatically.

Just now, MiWay0310 said:

"Who cares about the cleanliness of a bus" or "Who cares if a door doesn't work"? I'll let you consider what you just said. A malfunctioning door can be the difference between a passenger making their transfer or having to wait another 20 minutes. So yes, we don't have to "bitch and complain" about it for seven forum pages, but don't dismiss such things as if they are not important. A dirty bus doesn't make a good impression on many people.

Welcome to public transit.

1 minute ago, MiWay0310 said:

Can we be done with the discussion from the last few pages? As much as I'd like to continue, we've had a healthy bit of debate, so let normal services resume. How about answering my post that I posted earlier? I don't recall seeing any route 97 ever? Apart from the ParaPan Am games as @Gil mentioned below?

To my knowledge no such route has ever existed. 

2 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

No, I am referencing my photo that I took today. 

See edited post.

Durham has an exposure that displays "Pumpkinville Express", we've never had a Pumpkinville, nor have we had a need to run express service there. Transit systems insert codes sometimes for testing purposes or "just in case" measures, in this case, during Pan Am, there might have been a branch that was proposed to use Dundas, but never ended up going through.

10 minutes ago, J. Bullock said:

See edited post.

Perhaps; however, it seems to be a relatively pointless route, no? This is obviously just an assumption, but the route says Woodlands, but the area is surrounded by routes that service main streets, not to mention the 6. Worst case scenario, you have to walk 10-15 minutes to Dundas or Burn'thorpe, without considering service from the 6. Unless, like I said while quoting Gil, they are trying to fill in service gaps left from the 1 west of Erin Mills to Ridgeway.

Just saw your second edit. Maybe you're right, but definitely a first for me. It had paying passengers for sure though. 

Route 97 Woodlands was a school route at one point for The Woodlands SS.  Now why this was being displayed is because this bus was delivered with the old programming that MiWay clearly forgot to overwrite before putting it in service. A clear giveaway is the single lined display. The sign code for 101A E VIA.UTM is code 970, and 101A W VIA.UTM is code 971. Code 970 and 971 used to be the codes for 97 Woodlands which explains why it was being displayed. There were other school routes back in the days where they were in the 90s series as well. Those schools include; Cawthra, Clarkson,  Glenforest, and John Fraser.

• Like 4

@J. Bullock Respect is earned, not given. You certainly haven't earned mine by telling me my opinion isn't relevant. Furthermore, what's your point with telling me you know more about transit than I do? I never once denied that - literally everyone here knows more than I do about transit. Knowing more than me however doesn't mean you get to tell me what I should expect and not expect from transit. I'm a paying customer and I have every right to have different expectations than you or any one else here. And this is what I cannot understand: why can't we agree to disagree? Why does there need to be this constant dismissive and condescending tone? You only care about service frequency and buses being on time, cool! I want to care about livery, paint, driving skills...why can't that be cool too? Different people will have different criteria when it comes to assessing what "good service" is. On a plane, I care about recline and food. My brother cares about entertainment, my girlfriend cares about noise, my parents care about punctuality. Everyone has different criteria when it comes to defining the quality of a service provided - and no criteria is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

Route 97 Woodlands was a school route at one point for The Woodlands SS.  Now why this was being displayed is because this bus was delivered with the old programming that MiWay clearly forgot to overwrite before putting it in service. A clear giveaway is the single lined display. The sign code for 101A E VIA.UTM is code 970, and 101A W VIA.UTM is code 971. Code 970 and 971 used to be the codes for 97 Woodlands which explains why it was being displayed. There were other school routes back in the days where they were in the 90s series as well. Those schools include; Cawthra, Clarkson,  Glenforest, and John Fraser.

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clear-up.

Are you kidding me? I though we were done with this shit. Can we PLEASE just stop arguing and go back to chatting about transit?

16 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

What, pray tell, is this?

IMG_1255.JPG

It goes 97 Woodlands, 97 via Dundas, 97 to Ridgeway. Never heard of or seen it before. Not even on the route list on wiki or MiWay's site. Already mentioned previously, but here's proof of 1702's single line desto anyway...

This was at UTM by the way. 

Good find, @MiWay0310. Definitely better than anything I've posted.

However, my best guess is that the driver put up the wrong desto as I once saw a 67 on Tenth line which was most likely deadheading. I guess thats kind of a similar case... Do you have any other info on that bus?

21 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

Senior members on here are senior for a reason, most of us have been on here for years, so some form of respect should be given, mouthing off to someone who knows what their talking about won't get you very far in this community.

Respect is earned, not given. Despite your longevity on the forum, I don't see much reason why you should have earned the respect of many on here.

Dan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, smallspy said:

Respect is earned, not given. Despite your longevity on the forum, I don't see much reason why you should have earned the respect of many on here.

Dan

Well said.

Does MiWay send out drivers to have their buses driven from the US and/or Winnipeg? I've heard about 3rd party contracting companies that deliver the buses too. Then again I could be wrong. 

43 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Well said.

Does MiWay send out drivers to have their buses driven from the US and/or Winnipeg? I've heard about 3rd party contracting companies that deliver the buses too. Then again I could be wrong. 

3rd party companies hired by New Flyer drive them out. Unless the transit agency wants them delivered on landoll trailer which would add to the cost.

7 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

3rd party companies hired by New Flyer drive them out. Unless the transit agency wants them delivered on landoll trailer which would add to the cost.

8 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Well said.

It probably depends on the work, transit system, who it's being done by, cost... stuff like that. 

20 hours ago, smallspy said:

Dan

"Us" addressing the board as a whole, not singling myself out. & Thanks, understood. I think we're done with that topic.

1 hour ago, soo8513 said:

noticed 0853 on 39 yesterday

There's two artic blocks on the 39 as of this board period, one for each peak. A Central AM peak block and a Malton base block that goes out as a 40' in the morning and gets changed off for an artic in the afternoon during a crew relief.