MiWay

Orion VIII

On 6/30/2017 at 10:58 PM, noahrp24 said:

There is still A LOT to do before these buses go into service. Installing licence plates, MTO inspections, farebox installation, PRESTO installation, etc still needs to be done before they can head out in service hence why they are parked in a bay near the side. Plus, with all those sightings of express buses above on local routes, putting these buses in service wouldn't help the situation much as these are express buses anyways. I'm sure everyone is anxious to see them in service as we have not had any new buses since 2014 however they cannot enter service just like that. 

This pretty much. These new 2017 buses are also the first MiWay buses with 2017 emissions standards and there will need to be some maintenance training as well. Also the Novas (when the arrive) will be a completely new bus type to MiWay and will require extensive training and familiarization. 

Anyone who thinks we don't have enough MiExpress buses is dreaming, especially when MiExpress buses show up on local routes every day. 

As for the new buses entering service, if the past few years are any indication I would expect a minimum of a month and probably longer. And keep in mind, the Novas may take even longer due to all the training and familiarization that will be required. The deliveries over the past few years:

2011 Xcelsiors - First unit delivered mid-June 2011, first few units not placed unto service until November 1 (4 months)

2012 Orion VII - First unit delivered last week of June 2012, not placed into service until last week of August 2012 (2 months)

2013 Xcelsiors - Delivery began late September/early October 2013 and were placed into service during November 2013 (1-1.5 months average)

2014 Xcelsiors - Delivery mid-October 2014, placed into service at the beginning of December 2014. (1.5 months)

That should give you a general idea. Even I am looking forward to seeing the new buses on the road especially the Novas, but patience is a must!

• Like 6

Now is it a poor allocation of resources with placing buses on the wrong route? Or would it possibly have anything to with mantenance? How many buses do they have in the local and express fleet that are needing to be looked at or worked on etc?  Do they have a low or a high spare ratio for each fleet?  Could be a case where there are multiple reasons why this has been happening?

• Like 1

Buses are allocated based on what is in the service line, not the colour. Its more important to have a bus on a route regardless of colour so riders have a bus to ride than wait until the right colour is there for that route.

Spare ratio is below the line these days.

• Like 2

Exactly what does drum118 was saying that it dosen't matter sometimes rarely that they mixed it up. Sometimes they use miExpress on local routes depending if needed and also local use express routes if needed like things may happens. But local routes usually use milocal and expresses usually use miExpress. Sometimes things may vary and things may happen. Like WMATA in washington DC have local and express and sometimes they mixed it up. So it doesn't really matter about that. The old livery for miway usually for local but rarely express routes.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 11:43 AM, soo8513 said:

Hopefully the 0701-class and 0888-class units will last for another two to three months.

They shouldn't retire until the novas arrive. The 03s should be staying for the time being too.

11 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

a friend of mine spotted 1710 outside of chicago picture on the bottom.

19679972_10154783022707939_687495517_n.jpg

were these built by the new flyer facilities in the USA?

Why didn't they build the whole thing winnipeg? (do they even have the necessary facilities?) also were all of the previous busses built like this too??

14 hours ago, Nanis said:

miway

urway

I recommend that you don't post these irrelevant things like this. I got a warning point for nagging about when the novabusses will arrive.

oh yes and welcome to CPTDB

2 hours ago, curlingteam333 said:

Does Brampton transit accept miway ticket becaus I am using students tickets not passes? Please respond soon as possible will be great because I have summer school starting tomorrow at Bristol road and Hwy 10 and might take 502 to city centre bus terminal. 

No... but Brampton Transit does accept MiWay transfers as long as they haven't expired.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

Does this mean it's ready for service?

also, any busses taken out of service yet?

Stop being so anxious. They shouldn't be ready for service for a while, he's just reporting a delivery.

As for buses taken out of service, 0314, 0316, 0332, 0334, 0335, 0704, 0707, 0708, 0709, 0711, 0712, 0890 & 0891 have been down for a while, but I wouldn't deem them as retired just yet.

Also, what happened to 0563 & 0842? Both of them haven't been out in a very long time.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TransitfanJW said:

Stop being so anxious. They shouldn't be ready for service for a while, he's just reporting a delivery.

As for buses taken out of service, 0314, 0316, 0332, 0334, 0335, 0704, 0707, 0708, 0709, 0711, 0712, 0890 & 0891 have been down for a while, but I wouldn't deem them as retired just yet.

Also, what happened to 0563 & 0842? Both of them haven't been out in a very long time.

For the buses take on out of service means is it reitired already? According to cptdb looks like in service but still confused, if it's retired, Need to edit on cptdb so everyone will know which buses will retire

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, curlingteam333 said:

For the buses take on out of service means is it reitired already? According to cptdb looks like in service but still confused, if it's retired, Need to edit on cptdb so everyone will know which buses will retire

They're not retired yet. Everyone will know when retirements start.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, transitfan100 said:

im definitely gonna miss those 03s and 05s when miway gets rid of them, i would usually hear those buses zoop by my house while on 3 bloor

A bus is a bus and I hear all the 3's and 53's when I am at home. It makes no different to me what buses it is.

Came home this week on an 800's and it had a few new seats at the back of the bus and hard not to miss them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, drum118 said:

A bus is a bus and I hear all the 3's and 53's when I am at home. It makes no different to me what buses it is.

Came home this week on an 800's and it had a few new seats at the back of the bus and hard not to miss them.

Don't Worry. The 2006/2007 D40LFRs are virtually the same, but I think I'll miss them too.