MiWay

Orion VIII

4 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

From a passenger perspective I can't wait for the Eldorados to go. Good riddance, they are awful buses.

From an uncomfortable passenger and driver perspective, the Novas will be in soon enough to replace that experience

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyerLFR said:

So, what are we going to do about those routes that barely gets any riders like 46 for example, or 29. Isn't it kinda pointless to run full40ft buses??

Honestly, the cost of running a 30 footer and 40 footer is about the same. Sill gotta pay for maintenance, fuel, etc. They'll just put a 40 footer. 

On 12/21/2016 at 3:07 PM, Silly Tilley said:

Eldorados are being retired early due to the high maintenance cost, poor reliability and poor utilization. There will still be some Eldorados left likely the 09xx batch only

As for reliability and maintenance, the Eldorados have required a significant amount of maintenance just to keep on the road, in addition to regular maintenance repairs. 

From a passenger perspective I can't wait for the Eldorados to go. Good riddance, they are awful buses.

Don't forget, this is known for California buses, it was never made for this climate!  Others are suffering as well but MiWay has the money to get rid of it quick!

On 12/20/2016 at 7:39 PM, FlyerD901 said:

Mandatory, that's interesting. I wish TTC made it mandatory too, they should take note. I look forward to seeing these buses in service. hopefully they come with wide rear doors and a good rear seating layout.

Tell that to the TTC Vehicle Engineering Dept. there's a reason why they went with no rear window!

On 12/18/2016 at 2:54 PM, orionbus said:

Interesting... thanks! I'm sure theres a lot of teeth sucking from this though.

Expect some grouchy senior driver will hate the LFS after spoiled with Flyers (and your favorite bus manufacturer) for years!

After I have no idea how many year, it looks like MiWay has finally updated the routes with extended late-night service for New Year's Eve!  The swapping/restructuring of the 9 and 10 probably had something to do with it... Why is the 23 LAKESHORE shown split into two sections at Port Credit GO?  The 5 DIXIE gets cut back from Matheson to Eglinton and the 61 MAVIS only runs as far as Derry, completing it's run at Envoy before heading back south along Derry to Mavis.  I guess anyone who lives in the Levi Creek area will still have to rely on Brampton Transit!

Route

Direction

Departing From

Stop

Last Full Trip

1 Dundas

East

Vega Boulevard

3:09 am

1 Dundas

West

Islington Subway

4:05 am

3 Bloor

East

City Centre/Square One

3:22 am

3 Bloor

West

Islington Subway

4:07am

5 Dixie

South

Eglinton/Dixie

2:45 am

5 Dixie

North

Long Branch GO Station

3:15 am

7 Airport

South

Westwood Mall

3:40 am

7 Airport

North

City Centre/Square One

3:39 am

10 Bristol-Britannia

South

Meadowvale Town Centre

3:50 am

10 Bristol-Britannia

North

City Centre/Square One

4:46 am

11 Westwood

South

Westwood Mall

3:33 am

11 Westwood

North

Islington Subway

4:10 am

13 Glen Erin

South

Meadowvale Town Centre

2:20 am

13 Glen Erin

North

Clarkson GO Station

3:23am

19 Hurontario

South

Hurontario/Britannia

4:23 am

19 Hurontario

North

Port Credit GO Station

4:17 am

23 Lakeshore (Clarkson GO to Port Credit GO)

East

Clarkson GO Station

3:22 am

23 Lakeshore (Port Credit GO to Clarkson GO)

West

Port Credit GO Station

3:23 am

23 Lakeshore (Port Credit GO to Long Branch GO)

East

Port Credit GO Station

3:16 am

23 Lakeshore (Long Branch GO to Port Credit GO)

West

Long Branch GO Station

2:59 am

26 Burnhamthorpe

East

South Common Centre

3:06 am

26 Burnhamthorpe

West

Islington Subway

4:07 am

34 Credit Valley

East

Erin Mills Town Centre

4:02 am

34 Credit Valley

West

City Centre/Square One

4:47 am

61 Mavis

South

Mavis/Derry

4:29 am

61 Mavis

North

City Centre/Square One

4:50 am

66 McLaughlin

South

Sheridan College

4:08 am

66 McLaughlin

North

City Centre/Square One

3:40 am

Here's a comparison (hastily done) of the service between the New Year's Eve service up until 2015 and what will be provided this year:

New Year's Eve 2015.png

New Year's Eve 2016.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lip said:

To be honest, I dont think i've met a single soul who enjoys the LFS

Well, then you should try going to Montréal. STM is a transit agency with all LFS. And I feel like the 3rd and 4th gen LFSs are better looking than any Flyer or Orion buses I've ever seen.

22 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

Well, then you should try going to Montréal. STM is a transit agency with all LFS. And I feel like the 3rd and 4th gen LFSs are better looking than any Flyer or Orion buses I've ever seen.

Looks can be deceiving, I tend to get quite sore on Novas unlike other buses I've ridden on.

On 2016-12-27 at 1:08 PM, lip said:

To be honest, I dont think i've met a single soul who enjoys the LFS

They are personally not my "cup of tea" bus. Especially how I have been used to New Flyer D40LFs and XD40s at my local transit agency. I have ridden on D60LF, D60LFR and XD60 buses too with the same experience as the previous models.

8 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

And why do you think NovaBus dominates in Quebec? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they look good or feel good and it has more to do with the Quebec government

14 hours ago, lip said:

And why do you think NovaBus dominates in Quebec? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they look good or feel good and it has more to do with the Quebec government

Pretty much, local support manufacturing. 

Most of the west coast bus fans hate the LFS.  Given to the fact the LFS will withstand the collision compare to the Sexcelsior artic if anyone remember the CR-V major collision! 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 11:34 AM, general682002 said:

Pretty much, local support manufacturing. 

Most of the west coast bus fans hate the LFS.  Given to the fact the LFS will withstand the collision compare to the Sexcelsior artic if anyone remember the CR-V major collision! 

So you're saying that if it happened to a nova LFS it wouldn't have gotten smooshed like the XD60? By the way, no matter how bad the LFS is it can't be as bad as the ElDorados.

Does anyone know what's gonna happen to 22 Finch after the Finch LRT gets built? They should make the Finch LRT go to Westwood and then cancel the 22 Finch

1 hour ago, FlyerLFR said:

So you're saying that if it happened to a nova LFS it wouldn't have gotten smooshed like the XD60? By the way, no matter how bad the LFS is it can't be as bad as the ElDorados.

Does anyone know what's gonna happen to 22 Finch after the Finch LRT gets built? They should make the Finch LRT go to Westwood and then cancel the 22 Finch

I have seen an LFS in a more severe accidemt back in 2013. It was fixed up and is still in service.

On 12/30/2016 at 4:06 PM, TTC 9701 said:

I have seen an LFS in a more severe accidemt back in 2013. It was fixed up and is still in service.

But You know that the 1352 XD60 was also repaired and is now back in service, right?

Also, does anyone have any more info on the new order of busses? and can someone please edit the wiki to say that the 03's, 07's are planned to be retired? 

I called customer service a few months ago to inform them that the rear destination sign for route 1C did not show the direction for some time now. As of the new service change today (as promised), it has been rectified! You can now see 1C W or 1C E at the back of all buses on that route, just like before :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

But You know that the 1352 XD60 was also repaired and is now back in service, right?

Also, does anyone have any more info on the new order of busses? and can someone please edit the wiki to say that the 03's, 07's are planned to be retired? 

Info like? There's been tons of discussion about the orders in this thread.

The wiki is usually updated as the new buses get delivered and retirements occur.

3 hours ago, Nicomadrid said:

I called customer service a few months ago to inform them that the rear destination sign for route 1C did not show the direction for some time now. As of the new service change today (as promised), it has been rectified! You can now see 1C W or 1C E at the back of all buses on that route, just like before :)

dont forget about 19cs rear destination shows as "19" instead of "19C S"

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 2:42 PM, FlyerLFR said:

As far as I know the Finch LRT is supposed to end at Humber College, though a second phase is supposed to continue it to Pearson where it could potentially link up with the Eglinton-Crosstown.  I'm not sure you'd be able to carve a ROW from along Darcel to eliminate the 22 FINCH without someone complaining.  If you're looking to kill the 22 (with year-round service to Humber provided by the 107), then you'd either have to eliminate service on Darcel or reroute something to cover it.  The 22 also connects to the William Osler Hospital which the 107 does not do without a transfer to Brampton Transit (free) or TTC (extra fare).  

If you were looking for an intermediate phase of the Finch LRT, I'd run it south along Hwy. 27 to Rexdale and Woodbine then west to Malton GO.  Brampton is considering bringing in Züm service and coupled with the increased GO service, it could turn into a Regional Hub of some sort.

• Like 1