MiWay

Orion VIII

Has the City got ownership of this transitway yet? If So, Have any drivers done any training on it as there is a new way for buses that will enter and leave the Transitway east of Dixie? Traffic lights working.

Driver orientation on the transitway has been ongoing for the past 3 weeks, regardless of if they have signed 21, 107, or 109 for the next boar period. Policy will be 80km/h between stations, 50km/h approaching stations and buses will be required to stop at all stations regardless of whether a stop request has been made or people are waiting, likely due to how big the stations are and until people get familiar with how the transitway works.

I would have figured that some sort of work was taking place at Orbitor since they've closed off the street similar to Spectrum and have re-routed the 35 and 109 to Satellite. Is this a long-term detour or a short-term one as no mention was made of it with the permanent rerouting due to construction along Tahoe and Buckhorn for the 7, 35, 87 and 109? There is the sign up at the Skymark Hub which had the work taking place much earlier, but was revised to match the notice placed on the Alerts Page (the date's been changed with the font not matching the rest of the notice). The notice does say until further notice and was dated for October 20. Was that date announced too late for MiWay to include it in the November Service Changes?

With Orbitor cut off from Eglinton, should they move the 87's stop to Satellite to connect with all of the other routes going through the Airport Corporate Centre?

So apparently the station times have been posted on Miway's website. However Sundays all the stations are closed which makes sense because no buses run on the transitway on Sunday. So Mon-Fri its 4:30am-11:30pm and Sat 7:00am-1045pm. Also on the website it says there is a give-away at the open house on the 15th.

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/transitwayopenhouse

There is no route familiarization for drivers, however drivers are given what's called the orange book and it includes terminal maps, destination sign codes, route descriptions, route maps, and route turn by turn directions.

I spotted two MiExpress buses this morning signed CAUTION / TRAINING running north on Creditview practicing what looked to be the 9 MEADOWVALE as they both made a brief stop at Rathkeale and then proceeded to make the left turn onto Eglinton. There was a third MiLocal bus afterward with what looked like a supervisor/trainer but the bus was in the left-hand lane and was signed as Not in Service. Is there a new batch of drivers that need training/practice?

I've seen the buses on the Transitway with the same training desto, so it is happening. The fact that there's a desto for it leads me to believe it's common enough.

I was told by my usual driver that the new 2014 XD40s are to enter service on the 17 as long with the new uniforms. That is when the next board change happens. There might be a chance they might be used as shuttles for the transitway open house. And has anyone received a invitation to the open house? I got mine yesterday but inside the card they still haven't fixed the mistake with Central Parkway Station with Tomken station as the picture.

I was told by my usual driver that the new 2014 XD40s are to enter service on the 17 as long with the new uniforms. That is when the next board change happens. There might be a chance they might be used as shuttles for the transitway open house. And has anyone received a invitation to the open house? I got mine yesterday but inside the card they still haven't fixed the mistake with Central Parkway Station with Tomken station as the picture.

The first delivery of new uniforms is planned for November 11, with rollout until early December. As for the picture mistake, I doubt anyone will even care, if they recognize that at all.

Mississauga Transitway Phase 1 Officially Opens Monday

Nov 07, 2014

The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport) and Member of Parliament for Bramalea-Gore-Malton; the Honourable Steven Del Duca, Ontario Minister of Transportation; Mayor Hazel McCallion and Members of Council; and Bruce McCuaig, President and CEO of Metrolinx, will officially open Phase 1 of the new Mississauga Transitway.

Date: Monday, November 10, 2014

Time: Meet and Greet at 10:45 a.m.
Official Ceremony begins at 11 a.m.

Located at the NW corner of Eastgate Parkway at Dixie Road

Direction: Enter station through the parking lot OR take MiWay to the event. Plan your route.

Parking: To access parking lot from Dixie Road, go west on Crestlawn Drive, then go south on Fewster Drive, make a left turn on Encino Street. A section will be reserved for guests.

This event marks the completion of the Mississauga Transitway – Phase 1 including Central Parkway, Cawthra, Tomken and Dixie Stations; MiWay service will begin on November 17, 2014.

Well, I took the MiWay 5 survey, and the results are very pleasing for me.

Respondents rank faster (i.e express) service as top priority, followed by less waiting (i.e. frequent service). Well I ranked frequnet service as #1, followed by more express service (ahem, Dixie post-Hanlan construction).

The one terminal option doesn't make sense to me at all, and the respondents seem to agree so.

I also chose more Sunday service, as well as regular routes connecting to GO Station (like 9 and 38 via Erindale, and probably thinking of a 38B rush-hour between Falconer and Erindale).

I also commented stuff like 24/7 service along Burnhamthorpe, Dundas, and Hurontario.

I was told by my usual driver that the new 2014 XD40s are to enter service on the 17 as long with the new uniforms. That is when the next board change happens. There might be a chance they might be used as shuttles for the transitway open house. And has anyone received a invitation to the open house? I got mine yesterday but inside the card they still haven't fixed the mistake with Central Parkway Station with Tomken station as the picture. ation

It seems some areas of the city have gotten the invitations others have not. I know someone at Bloor and Tomken got it, but don't know anyone in Meadowvale with an invitation.

It seems some areas of the city have gotten the invitations others have not. I know someone at Bloor and Tomken got it, but don't know anyone in Meadowvale with an invitation.

That's probably why. Because I also know someone who lives near that area. I think they would only give flyers to the areas near the transit way? I could be wrong because the way is for everyone to use

1404 & 1405 at CX

ccdc05349d292f1f67d8da875956bc06.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Was hopping for a ride on one of the new ones when we did the tour of the transitway today

109 Stop at Sq One gets relocated to the new one on Nov 17

Nov 26 will see seniors getting free Pesto Card at Sq One as all fare media moving to Presto Jan 1.

Sunday service will happen in May for the 100's

Crazy day today. This morning 1051 apparently hit a car while trying to cut him off at dixie and Dundas. No damage to the bus was done. At about 6:00pm on 76W there was another accident at burn. And ponytail. A 2008 40' bus seems to be involved. I'm not sure what happened there but for sure no pedestrian was hit. And while I was on 76W on bus #0724, we were trying to turn into ponytail for detour a car decided to cut us off and we nearly hit him. I happen to catch that on video. That could have been the 3rd accident today.

That's probably why. Because I also know someone who lives near that area. I think they would only give flyers to the areas near the transit way? I could be wrong because the way is for everyone to use

Remember, not everyone is a transit fan. If they live 15km away, they are less likely going to attend the open house compare to those living next door. Unless Mississauga is rich, they wouldn't send out flyers everywhere.

Remember, not everyone is a transit fan. If they live 15km away, they are less likely going to attend the open house compare to those living next door. Unless Mississauga is rich, they wouldn't send out flyers everywhere.

I understand that not everyone is a fan but they were not distributing only to transit fans. But yea you have a point about where people live and that's probably why.

A few observations from the past few days...

I know that the 35 EGLINTON start point for short trips is at Creditview during the morning rush, but I saw one (signed eastbound) turning off of Creditview onto Eglinton last Friday around 7pm and was wondering if that was a stopgap bus to fill a gap in service or if there was a detour.

Are some drivers oblivious to board periods/Service Changes? I was riding out of Port Credit GO on a 19 with a 103 in front (and an 8 at the lead) when we got to the Hurontario & Park stop. The 103 isn't set to serve that stop until next Monday. The new "lollipop" stop is there but it's wrapped up in a black garbage bag. The 19 driver apologized to the passengers waiting thinking the 103 had skipped the stop wondering why such as thing would happen. I'm sure the passengers were just waiting for the 8 and 103 to pass so they could get on the 19. Unless the driver was practicing for next week, the bus could simply have used the left lane to avoid a convoy of buses waiting at the stop.

If these "lollipop" stops are going to be the new standard for bus stops (since they incorporate the new MiWay logo shape into them), in the future shouldn't they be blue at express stops and orange where no express routes stop? It'd make it easier to identify on top of the colour-coded route listing below. Which at common stops such as Aukland or Green Lane should be as long as needed to include ALL routes listed identically on BOTH sides.

With the Transitway opening up next week has anyone given any thought to the symbol they're using to identify the stops on the map?

MiWay_sub_transitway_249x47.png

I get that the arrows are supposed to convey a bus-to-bus transfer and the blue matches the express branding, but it all seems to be trying too hard. They've got the boxes identifying the routes serving each station. The Transitway is already identified with its own line type. The old orange dots or one of them overlaid on the Major Transit Terminal large blue dot.

I understand that not everyone is a fan but they were not distributing only to transit fans. But yea you have a point about where people live and that's probably why.

The BRT is for crosstown and not a local service. A person from Meadowvale is more likely to use it. A person at Bloor and Tomken would take the 3. Unless it no longer goes to Islington?

The BRT is for crosstown and not a local service. A person from Meadowvale is more likely to use it. A person at Bloor and Tomken would take the 3. Unless it no longer goes to Islington?

Were the invites doled out by ward (possibly by the Councillor)? It sounds like the residents of Ward 3 (I've always thought they should have names - Applewood?) were the first ones to receive theirs.

What I'm implying is going to the open house on Nov 15, not about using the transitway as part of their commute which is what the invitation is about. Unless you're a transit fan or someone who really interested in the transitway, it's less likely someone from Meadowvale is going to visit the open house which is a good 20-30 minute drive than someone who lives 5-10 minutes away.

It's like visiting the new Toronto streetcars on Aug 31. If you live downtown or beside the subway, you're more likely to go for a ride than someone who lives at the edge of Etobicoke or Scarborough to come downtown for a ride. It has nothing to do with daily commute.