MiWay

Orion VIII

I had my first ride on 1107 yesterday that was on 3 and it was interesting watching the riders deal with the strip bar in place of the push bar.

None of the riders had any issues with it as like other systems than I have seen them on. The only issue I saw was the door would not open regardless how the riders try the strip to the point the driver had to open the door at the stops.

The bell is the same as the rest of NFI, not like the Orion.

I see they finally got around putting up part of the shelter at CP and using LED lights in the centre of the roof, with power from a solar panel. The panel is different than the ones at Sq One Terminal.

So I wait for bus today 2:45 for 39 Britannia W. Bus is over 5 minutes late, meaning I will miss my connection to 44 at 2:55, which means I miss a lecture. This is outside of rush hour and 39 serves no schools, so theres no excuse. Just pure laziness. How much do these peopel get paid? $26 an hour? It's not worth it

This is typical of the average transit customer. Wait until the very last minute to catch a bus and then blame somebody else when something goes wrong and you arrive late.

Transit buses are not personal taxis. Next time, plan ahead and catch an earlier bus if you really have to be somewhere by a specific time.

totally agree with that...............you wait until the LAST MINUTE to catch a bus for your LECTURE, it's YOUR LAZINESS don't blame the bus schedule or the operator.........idddddddddiot!

i feel bad for the transit operator who has to serve a customer like you............he should get paid $36 an hour at least!

also plz check the dictionary and find out what "traffic condition may varies" mean before you blame...........OMG

Was on an excelsior today on 13n- honestly, they're not that special. They are almost as loud as the d40lfr's, the only real difference is the seats are a bit more comfortable. I would rather be on an Orion vii hybrid- they are quiet and don't shift gears.

On another bus, I completed their customer survey, which was interesting. I suggested a lot of things in the comments section, including that maps include route frequencies.

On another bus, I completed their customer survey, which was interesting. I suggested a lot of things in the comments section, including that maps include route frequencies.

Apparently in exchange for charging for the Route Maps, they'll be introducing individual route schedules like Brampton and YRT. I have yet to get my hands on one of the new maps so I don't know what you get for $2. A simplified list of frequencies would be handy along with maybe maps of all of the terminals with bus stops identified since they went to all the trouble of putting signage up. Both of which are features other system maps. Maybe in exchange for the charge, perhaps if they had sought some public input. What would you want to see if you had to pay for it?

So, with all the new buses in service, how many Vs are left in service?

If they keep introducing the new buses at this pace, all of the Vs should probably be out of (regular?) service by December. If the rest of the routes are made accessible with the next board period Dec. 12 then that'll mean they've all been pulled from regular service. Any straggling routes would probably have the Vs assigned to them. Not sure if the school routes count.

• Root Admin
Was on an excelsior today on 13n- honestly, they're not that special. They are almost as loud as the d40lfr's, the only real difference is the seats are a bit more comfortable. I would rather be on an Orion vii hybrid- they are quiet and don't shift gears.On another bus, I completed their customer survey, which was interesting. I suggested a lot of things in the comments section, including that maps include route frequencies.

They dont have gears... :lol:

Starting Dec 20, the eastbound stop 1167 at Erindale Station for 6 & 26 will see no riders, since the bridge is to be close until the summer of 2012. The washroom at the station is to be close also, with Johnny on the site being added.

The Westbound stop 1168 doesn't look like it will no open until December, considering it was only to be close for 6 weeks starting Sept 15.

Unless the driveway to the new parking garage is moved from the west end to the east end, the stop will have to be relocated, as it is current in the way of the driveway and buses will have a hard time trying to pull into the bus bay because of the cars leaving the garage.

Not sure why the D60 110 bus stop west of the construction zone and had his 4 ways on other than having some problems. It sat there close to 15 minutes before I got on my bus and another 110 pass it.

9729 was heading west to go into service.

What is up with the stop announcement display?

I noticed this week that the time is missing and what every the last name of a stop that been call, stays fix until the next stop is call. Having Pkwy, Blvd, intersection etc being display sure doesn't help riders to know where they are if they look at the display in the first place. The scrolling stop request should also have the stop name.

There are still many stops out there where the stop is being call out as the bus pulls up to the stop or is passing it. Then there are stops where the next stop is being call when the bus has yet to stop at the first one. These are stops have a with a fair distance between them, not the short ones.