MiWay

Orion VIII

Saw a Hybrid in Oakville today heading down Ford Drive, just south of Royal Windsor... I was the route 4 but was too far to see the number. I wonder what Orion is doing with it.

Maybe testing? I've seen TTC buses and MTA buses around there before.

Saw a Hybrid in Oakville today heading down Ford Drive, just south of Royal Windsor... I was the route 4 but was too far to see the number. I wonder what Orion is doing with it.
Maybe testing? I've seen TTC buses and MTA buses around there before.

I drove past the plant the other day, and there were a bunch of King County Metro (Seattle) VII NG there....

According to Council minutes everything below (see the link below) was passed with implementation set for April 4, 2011.

Here's the link from the City's Budget Committee Agenda.

A rundown of the changes (see "Appendix 1" page 8):

No change to cash fares, child or student tickets/passes.

Adult tickets: +$0.10 per ticket Adult weekly pass: +$2.00 Adult monthly pass: +$9.00

Senior tickets: +$0.05 per ticket Senior monthly pass: $3.00 Senior annual pass: +$30.00

One-way Single Wonderland fare: from $7.50 to $8.00 Group/Family fare: from $22.00 to $24.00

GO Transit integration Monthly sticker: from $24.00 to $25.00 Co-fare payment: from $0.60 to $0.65

Charter rate for 60-foot bus: $180/hour, minimum 2 hours

And this wasn't mentioned in the report but shows up only in the Appendix on page 8: Transit Maps will cost $2.00

Route 42 is having another bus added to the line on Saturday increasing the frequency to every 35 minutes. Numerous 201 trips are being converted to 101 trips and the 82A is being cancelled with the 82A's trips being converted to route 82 trips. There's a new school special from Pocock, the 307 which will run east on Bloor to Islington. Numerous additional "opertunity trips" have been added to various routes.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/miTRANSIT_24JAN2011.pdf

They're increasing the 42's frequency to 35 minutes only because they could no longer maintain old 45 minute frequency, and the frequency had fallen to 48 minutes. Sunday frequency is 40 minutes so no problem there.

Same thing happened to the 39 Britannia. The 45 minute weekend frequency fell to 48 minutes, so MT had no choice but to add a bus and raise the frequency to 33 minutes.

This is still a problem with 4 Sherway, thanks to the routing change where the service was taken off of Glengarry and Old Carriage, and actually made the route longer, so the frequency fell from 45 minutes down to 48 minutes. Maybe we'll see all day 32 minute weekday service on this route soon.

This quote is from the special sightings thread:

I've seen a couple of Mississauga buses still displaying "MERRY CHRISTMAS!", including one today on Rt. 34. Possibly an operator celebrating an Orthodox Christmas?

On Christmas day I saw an '03 D40LF displaying "Happy Holidays". Does MiWay have both P/Rs ("Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays") programmed into the signs or could depend on the bus (unlikely as I'd think all buses would be programmed the same)?

This quote is from the special sightings thread:

On Christmas day I saw an '03 D40LF displaying "Happy Holidays". Does MiWay have both P/Rs ("Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays") programmed into the signs or could depend on the bus (unlikely as I'd think all buses would be programmed the same)?

Yes, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year are all available as separate codes for operators to display depending on their preferences.

Yes, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year are all available as separate codes for operators to display depending on their preferences.

The 34 does pass by the Coptic Church which was celebrating their Christmas on Friday. Perhaps the driver was just a little more astute than most in posting the message on the desto. I don't know if any buses on the 5 which passes the Serbian Orthodox Church posted similar messages? The Macedonian Orthodox Church unfortunately only sees AM school service.

1031 was on the 3 today, unfortunately it broke down at subway around 5:45PM so I didn't have the opportunity to ride it. First time seeing a hybrid on the 3.

Construction is really progressing on the BRT, construction is now in full force between Hurontario to Cawthra and between Dixie and Tahoe. Utility poll relocation is underway on the northside of Easgate west of Dixie to permit construction on the BRT between Tomken and Dixie.

1031 was on the 3 today, unfortunately it broke down at subway around 5:45PM so I didn't have the opportunity to ride it. First time seeing a hybrid on the 3.

Construction is really progressing on the BRT, construction is now in full force between Hurontario to Cawthra and between Dixie and Tahoe. Utility poll relocation is underway on the northside of Easgate west of Dixie to permit construction on the BRT between Tomken and Dixie.

I don't think it broke down, it was involved in a incident with the driver who apparently got punched in the arm by a passenger, when I was there around 6:15 it was parked at the stop (on) outside the compund with TPS and Transit Enforcement taking pictures inside the bus and taking statements from the driver.

I notice the AA format has changed yet again, it only shows the current time, not the MM/DD/YY and time format it used to.

1031 was on the 3 today. First time seeing a hybrid on the 3.

I'm glad that therae are other routes that these buses can find themselves on. I think that maybe they'd want to determine if there are other routes that could benefit (besides the 19) to having hybrids.

Speaking of which, how are fuel savings between those buses compared to regular diesels that also are in service on that route?

It may be a bit difficult considering that those hybrids are weekday buses, AFAIK they've not been on the road on weekends, as if they're not allowed to. (That last statement is referred to as a joke).

I'm glad that therae are other routes that these buses can find themselves on. I think that maybe they'd want to determine if there are other routes that could benefit (besides the 19) to having hybrids.

Speaking of which, how are fuel savings between those buses compared to regular diesels that also are in service on that route?

It may be a bit difficult considering that those hybrids are weekday buses, AFAIK they've not been on the road on weekends, as if they're not allowed to. (That last statement is referred to as a joke).

I think that was a fluke that it ended up on the 3. But since they are local buses, it would be nice to see them on other routes as well. It would make it easier from a dispatching point of view.