MiWay

Orion VIII

Most likely in mid-summer to mid-October. For example, the first5 2006 D40LFR arrived on July 31, 2006, and the last one was in the middle of October. I am expecting the EZ-Riders in mid to late spring, so they launch the GTA fare card.

On page 34 it says they 15 D40LFRs are going to arrive in late-summer, so I'd imagine the D60LFRs would come around then too.

• 4 weeks later...

Ticket prices are going up next Monday. Had I not spoken to MT0603, I would have known nothing of this until Wednesday. NOTHING at all is on mt.com, nor were there any signs at all up at Westwood Terminal today, in fact the map there was from 2005!

Tickets will be changing, (my student tickets will no longer fit inside my camera :huh: ) you have until Sunday to use your MT tickets, and until May to exchange them.

Ticket prices are going up next Monday. Had I not spoken to MT0603, I would have known nothing of this until Wednesday. NOTHING at all is on mt.com, nor were there any signs at all up at Westwood Terminal today, in fact the map there was from 2005!

Tickets will be changing, (my student tickets will no longer fit inside my camera :huh: ) you have until Sunday to use your MT tickets, and until May to exchange them.

It's on the site now:

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/home;jses...3XSFEWOF25W2JVC

http://www.mississauga.ca/ecity/download/?...amp;id=88900074

I picked up the pamphlet about the fare increase yesterday while at the CCT and it shows what the tickets will look like.

Ah, hello, I told you like a month ago! LOL!

Anyway, kind of a slap in the face that student tickets (10) are going up $1 for the third (IIRC) year in a row while TTC has only lifted it $1.50 since 2002 (IIRC) $12.50 to $14.

Ah, hello, I told you like a month ago! LOL!

Anyway, kind of a slap in the face that student tickets (10) are going up $1 for the third (IIRC) year in a row while TTC has only lifted it $1.50 since 2002 (IIRC) $12.50 to $14.

MT's student fare is still way better than the TTC's (or anyone else for that matter) since post-secondary students can actually use them.

CCT was a zoo this afternoon.

Buses everywhere, trying to find a place to go.

Passengers running around, old tickets in hand.

One glance inside the building enticed me to keep my 6 remaining green student tickets, because there were so many people hoarding both the ticket sales desk and the customer service desk. A woman in an MT cardigan holding a box was chased by eager passengers from the north entrance of the passenger building to the employee booth, and I can only assume people were trying to exchange tickets. When she entered the employee booth, the crowd turned around, scattered and dispersed.

I looked inside once again, seeing a security guard keeping a crowd back from the sign in the middle of the building where a supervisor and another lady in an MT cardigan were trying to put up posters explaining the ticket change. At this point, I boarded 9138 for the remainder of my trip home.

Several complete strangers were talking to each other about the posted that was stuck onto the window in front of the rear door, the same one behind the driver and that were put up at CCT.

I went to Loblaws tonight in hope of getting 10 old student tickets, but they only had new ones. I bought a book of them, and I must say, WHAT A MISTAKE! Seniors, who may have trouble seeing/feeling their tickets, now have tickets much smaller than before, while I, and other students, now have to find a way to carry a huge oversized ticket. I had found the perfect place to store my tickets, in the unused CF card slot of my camera, which accepted the green student tickets perfectly. Now I must fold them for them to fit there. Not very good. <_<

Now that I have complained about the new student tickets, here is what they look like, first alone, then in comparison to the old ones.

dsc03358.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc03359.jpg_thumb.jpg

Several of my friends do not yet even know of the change, and come Monday, they will be screwed, unless the fareboxes are just reprogrammed to accept the ~1" ticket now accept child instead of student, just as old child and secior tickets will probably be accepted as student ones.

At 6:40PM it was packed, all of the 3 booths were open and the lines were huge and security was still there telling people to move away from the middle of the terminal.

I don't know about you but I like the new look of the tickets, the student tickets could be smaller though...

Speaking of new tickets I hope MT changes the look of the transfers soon.

Also, the new maps up at the CCT don't show the 6 and 38A in the sunday/holiday map...what a screw up. <_<

Also, the new maps up at the CCT don't show the 6 and 38A in the sunday/holiday map...what a screw up. :P

Not only that, but I've noticed that in the weekday, Saturday AND Sunday maps, the Brampton Transit 15-Bramalea, which was extended southward to Derry Road back in September, wasn't included, where as the other BT routes have. Mind you, Brampton's 7, 5, 14 and 30 have been going into seperate areas of Mississauga for a long time.

So, by my count, that's two screw-ups. <_<

looks like MT moved towards the ticket size YRT/Viva uses <_<, anyways how much is a set of 10 for students? and what about TTC? i'm wondering about TTC because i haven't bought any in a long long time and i want to see the difference between the cost of 10 for students. i know YRT is $17 for a book of ten for students

At 6:40PM it was packed, all of the 3 booths were open and the lines were huge and security was still there telling people to move away from the middle of the terminal.

I don't know about you but I like the new look of the tickets, the student tickets could be smaller though...

Speaking of new tickets I hope MT changes the look of the transfers soon.

Also, the new maps up at the CCT don't show the 6 and 38A in the sunday/holiday map...what a screw up. <_<

The maps were released before Sunday service for the 6 and 38A were introduced.

Press Release Source: Visual Defence Inc.

Visual Defence Helps to Keep Mississauga Transit Buses on Schedule

Wednesday February 21, 12:26 pm ET

Program Integrates Traffic Data for Improved Operational Efficiency and Reliability

RICHMOND HILL, Ontario, Feb. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Visual Defence Inc. (LSE: VDI - News), the security convergence company, today announced a pilot SmartBus program with the city of Mississauga to improve transit services, easing gridlock and traffic congestion through the integration of multiple streams of traffic data into a common management system.

The SmartBus program utilizes sophisticated integration technology from Visual Defence to combine an automatic vehicle locating (AVL) system, passenger counting, traffic control system and the city's scheduling software. The SmartBus program enables the buses to precisely report their location and passenger loads through transit signals along the routes. The buses are fitted with an infrared device that sends signals to the city's traffic control system to give the buses priority depending on passenger loads and how far the bus is behind schedule.

"The wealth of information produced by Visual Defence is giving Mississauga Transit a greater level of analysis and understanding of our bus system, allowing us to improve the reliability and efficiency of our services," said Fermin Pico, director of services for Mississauga Transit. "The technology has already started to pay off in more timely service and increasing ridership. Further system adjustments and enhancements will continue to deliver greater ride satisfaction to our customers."

Future enhancements include the integration of the AVL system with the customer website to allow users to view a "racetrack" image of where the buses are on route and receive real-time "next bus" information.

"Collecting several distinct data streams together into a cohesive and usable common management system has given Mississauga Transit the tools it needs to streamline and improve their operations, resulting in increased ridership, greater customer satisfaction and better ROI," said Dagan Sadeh, CEO of Visual Defence. "The real world impact of Visual Defence's integration expertise is making public transit in Mississauga a viable alternative to commuting by car."

About Visual Defence Inc.

Visual Defence, the security convergence company, provides advanced solutions that manage mission critical systems for leading organizations around the world. The company provides government, airport, public transportation and commercial customers with public safety and security solutions that increase management efficiency while leveraging existing security infrastructure. With its Common Management Platform, Visual Defence provides customers with customizable and scaleable solutions that meet their business goals. Additional information about Visual Defence is available at: http://www.visualdefence.com

Erik Orgell Bethany Moir

Nadel Phelan, Inc. Visual Defence Inc.

831-440-2401 905-731-1254 x226

erik@nadelphelan.com bethany.moir@visualdefence.com

===========================================================

This should show how bad MT planning and scheduling is.

There's an article in the Mississauga news too...here

I don't get it though, is MT installing this equipment on 30 more buses or are they replacing the current 3M equipment on 0301-0329 and 0151-0152?

I'm not talking about the old orange ones, I'm talking about the new blue ones that say "Effective February 26th 2007".

Check your map. The handout version was released in November, after the 6 and 38A in October. The new CCT maps were put up then, and now another set has been put up, only to have several of them taken down in place of posters about tickets.

CCT was again a zoo today with confused passengers, but today with no stampedes. Two lineups stretched from the ticket booth at the south end right to the door at the north while I was there.

Check your map. The handout version was released in November, after the 6 and 38A in October. The new CCT maps were put up then, and now another set has been put up, only to have several of them taken down in place of posters about tickets.

CCT was again a zoo today with confused passengers, but today with no stampedes. Two lineups stretched from the ticket booth at the south end right to the door at the north while I was there.

The blue maps were released in September, not November. Releasing them in November would have been the sensible choice but MT is not known for being sensible.

looks like MT moved towards the ticket size YRT/Viva uses :), anyways how much is a set of 10 for students? and what about TTC? i'm wondering about TTC because i haven't bought any in a long long time and i want to see the difference between the cost of 10 for students. i know YRT is $17 for a book of ten for students

Late response: TTC is $14.

Switching the topic.... Does anyone believe there will be a new MT livery anytime soon? Perhaps on the 2007 D60/40LFRs? I hope they change soon from the old boring orange stripe to something more vibrant, like HSRs D60LFRs being used for their BRT. That is a nice scheme they got goin. Just speculation.

Switching the topic.... Does anyone believe there will be a new MT livery anytime soon? Perhaps on the 2007 D60/40LFRs? I hope they change soon from the old boring orange stripe to something more vibrant, like HSRs D60LFRs being used for their BRT. That is a nice scheme they got goin. Just speculation.

Who knows, I'm sure they'l have a special livery for the BRT buses...but that's not till 2011.

Also HSR ordered DE60LFRs.

You do have to admit, its a 34 year old paint scheme.

I knew it was old, but not that old. :D They should get somthing new on the buses. Even BT has moved on from the old blue and red (a little, although they still have it along the roof line on the Novas). Next TTC should move off just the red and black. Keep the red, but get somthing more 'alive', than just the now old fashioned stripe with white background, like holayyyyyy. :blink: MT should also keep the orang, but get some new configuration.

It was sort of changed in 1997 for the LF buses, AFAIK 9701-9710 have the old design while the 9711-9735 have the new design.

I was referring to the paint scheme. I think it goes to 9712, but I will have to check. 9207 also shares the stripe without the M.