MiWay

Orion VIII

#2029, appears to have been removed from property and scrapped after years of sitting in its "spot". Looks like another Orion II has been retired as well...

R.I.P 2029 :blink:

Also buschic, there are also 10 2001 D60LFs (0151-0160), they have LED destination signs including a rear destination sign. They run on the 1, 1C, 26 and the 19 on weekends just like the 1997s.

Wrong. The equivalent of 35 D60LF is 58 D40LFR in terms of cost. The Mississauga Transit budget states 58 replacement buses and 8 growth buses. Novabus or Orion is also a possibility considering GTTA is buying all the buses next year, not MT.

I have a feeling that Orion is going to win since the TTC relies on them, of course, if they go by price and quality range NFI or Nova could get it. I just hope that MT's buses stay where they are, I wouldn't want to see our D40LFRs or D40LFs or D60LFs end up in Toronto.

The GTTA is ordering everything next year!!???? I hope this isnt the end for LFRs in MT, but MT wouldn't take Orions cause they dont like em'. The GTTA is in a tough spot. Mabye we will see more NFIs elsewhere. TTC would want there VIIs, and Im not sure what YRT wants. It doesnt look like BT will order anything till 2008 since theyre still on that apparent 3 year deal with Nova. Actually the second batch of LFSs is due pretty soon. Anyways, what do you guys think is going to happen, with the GTTA ordering everything?

The GTTA is ordering everything next year!!???? I hope this isnt the end for LFRs in MT, but MT wouldn't take Orions cause they dont like em'. The GTTA is in a tough spot. Mabye we will see more NFIs elsewhere. TTC would want there VIIs, and Im not sure what YRT wants. It doesnt look like BT will order anything till 2008 since theyre still on that apparent 3 year deal with Nova. Actually the second batch of LFSs is due pretty soon. Anyways, what do you guys think is going to happen, with the GTTA ordering everything?

YRT is on NFI's side.

Thanks, I think I might go bus hunting on Friday, I saw 9770 AGAIN today.

That's the one D60LF I see everyday when walking home or to School. I also see 9772 alot.

I have a feeling that Orion is going to win since the TTC relies on them, of course, if they go by price and quality range NFI or Nova could get it. I just hope that MT's buses stay where they are, I wouldn't want to see our D40LFRs or D40LFs or D60LFs end up in Toronto.

Mabye NFI and Orion will both come out on top. This is becasue TTC wants Orion, but MT the second(?) largest GTA system (excluding GO) likes NFIs, along with the GTAs third(?) largest system, YRT. I think the GTTA will say whoever wants Orions, have em' and who ever wants NFIs, have em'. Its still bulk ordering because together, YRT and MT could order well over 100 buses a year, and plus their buses are simlar. (When I ride a YRT and then an MT I notice that they sound similar, where as BT NFIs sound a little different. Probably because of the lack of a Curb side vent on BTs). TTC orders more than 100 VIIs on a regualar basis so GTTA would still be bulk ordering. BT and DRT are the only wierd ones becasue they buy Novas for now.

Wrong. The equivalent of 35 D60LF is 58 D40LFR in terms of cost. The Mississauga Transit budget states 58 replacement buses and 8 growth buses. Novabus or Orion is also a possibility considering GTTA is buying all the buses next year, not MT.

I heard that there's going to be a Province-wide consortum where several transit joins the bus order and whatever is cheaper will be sending to their city. Unfortunatly, each transit won't be able to spec. the bus they want.

I heard that there's going to be a Province-wide consortum where several transit joins the bus order and whatever is cheaper will be sending to their city. Unfortunatly, each transit won't be able to spec. the bus they want.

Well isn't that interesting? You don't suppose that some systems which would prefer New Flyers would get Orions and so on.

I was about to ask...but since I've gotten the answer, was that would this mean that any exisiting contracts that some systems have with whichever manufacturers would be null and void?

Ah, I can see it now...MT getting the new VII and Novas

TTC gets D40LFR's...Oh, the endless possibilities.

Well isn't that interesting? You don't suppose that some systems which would prefer New Flyers would get Orions and so on.

I was about to ask...but since I've gotten the answer, was that would this mean that any exisiting contracts that some systems have with whichever manufacturers would be null and void?

Ah, I can see it now...MT getting the new VII and Novas

TTC gets D40LFR's...Oh, the endless possibilities.

Mississauga and TTC won't be part of it. It's the smaller system outside of TO will be joining.

Well then, I'm sorry for accusing it. I know you, you know me.

It's that most times I ride on the major, heavy routes and I don't usually ride on small routes.

no problem, just wanted to keep you in the know, lol, there actually is a lot of us living on the 1c now and the 3 and 26, routes, as the old CNIB office was on the 26 route near SQ1.

Take care and be Well.

R.I.P 2029 :D

Also buschic, there are also 10 2001 D60LFs (0151-0160), they have LED destination signs including a rear destination sign. They run on the 1, 1C, 26 and the 19 on weekends just like the 1997s.

hmm, you mean, I'll FINALLY be able to STOP asking what bus I am getting on!

SWEET!

Independance rules!

Thanks, I noticed 0153 yesterday coming along Dundas , right out front of my building.

Take care and be Well.

hmm, you mean, I'll FINALLY be able to STOP asking what bus I am getting on!

SWEET!

Independance rules!

Thanks, I noticed 0153 yesterday coming along Dundas , right out front of my building.

That's the only beef that on some buses, it's difficult to tell the signage. The VI's, the 91 to 93 V's are the ones which are most difficult to tell what route they're on.. It's mainly the light conditions when outside which can be the biggest challenge.

Thank god for those 97 V's, the VII's, D40LF's/R's, 01 D60LF''s for their bright signs. Just gives me that extra assurance of knowing which bus I'm getting on. :D

who ever said anything about rebulding busses i meant selling them for scrap metal or re modding them or sell them to the GTA cause thtere busses are crap...........(Seriousally the fish bowls suc :lol: k)

Nick C: Do you ever ride the 36L?

That's the only beef that on some buses, it's difficult to tell the signage. The VI's, the 91 to 93 V's are the ones which are most difficult to tell what route they're on.. It's mainly the light conditions when outside which can be the biggest challenge.

Thank god for those 97 V's, the VII's, D40LF's/R's, 01 D60LF''s for their bright signs. Just gives me that extra assurance of knowing which bus I'm getting on. :lol:

The 97 Vs have Luminator flip dot destination signs (Green) which isn't that bright.

DRT has D40LF's on the way.

Really. How many, and by when??? I know they normally buy LFSs as most of DRT is. Im not really sure why BT switched to Nova, because they recieved 3 years worth of NFIs before the switch. BT novas seem kinda worse than the NFIs, so I dunno why the switch was made.

Really. How many, and by when??? I know they normally buy LFSs as most of DRT is. Im not really sure why BT switched to Nova, because they recieved 3 years worth of NFIs before the switch. BT novas seem kinda worse than the NFIs, so I dunno why the switch was made.

30 and it's due to lowest tender.

Is that the number of Novas BTs getting or DRT for D40LFs? And BT switched because of lowest tender?! WOW! I always thought that NFI could offer cheaper reliable buses than their competitors... :lol:

DRT as I'm talking about.

Well, Brampton went for a 75 buses for 3 years, so Nova outbid against NFI.

The Novas are good quality buses, but compared to the NFIs, they lack else where. The ride on the Novas is quite rough at times (more rough than the NFIs), people are clueless of the back doors, and they have less seats, and the seating config is not very comforable. The seats at the back on the upper part are quite tight, and the Novas also have a more jerky ride (shorter wheel base). Thats why Im surprised, although BT is trying to make as much a fleet improvement as possible. So good for them if Novas bid was lower, but I was still surprised when saw Novas in brampton. I though they were second hand from Montreal when I first saw them, but then realized they were brand new. If anything, I wouldve expected BT to follow in TTC's foot steps and get some VIIs from orion, just to test them out, just like BT got those for NFIs back in '96. It wouldve been interesting to see VIIs in Brampton.

The Novas are good quality buses, but compared to the NFIs, they lack else where. The ride on the Novas is quite rough at times (more rough than the NFIs), people are clueless of the back doors, and they have less seats, and the seating config is not very comforable. The seats at the back on the upper part are quite tight, and the Novas also have a more jerky ride (shorter wheel base). Thats why Im surprised, although BT is trying to make as much a fleet improvement as possible. So good for them if Novas bid was lower, but I was still surprised when saw Novas in brampton. I though they were second hand from Montreal when I first saw them, but then realized they were brand new. If anything, I wouldve expected BT to follow in TTC's foot steps and get some VIIs from orion, just to test them out, just like BT got those for NFIs back in '96. It wouldve been interesting to see VIIs in Brampton.

go ride the HSR Nova's and tell me that!

BRT is actually keeping theirs in pretty good condition from what I can see.

Hamilton ran theirs into the ground.