Free Transit Days

SMS

I'm ready to project that the STL will offer free bus service on 24 and 31 December. If this trend continues as it has from 2007 and possibly years before, I would like to fan on the 24th if I am in town and I wouldn't mind some company too!

Addenda: the tradition has existed at least since 2004 according to STL communiques

I'd be glad to join you :huh: .

When SURF was free on Car-Free Day, kellergraham and I took advantage of that opportunity to ride SURF's route 9 up to St. Jerome. It was awesome, to say the least. It was a historic day, as it was the first time I'd ever ridden an RTS, and the second time I'd ridden on a CIT (CIT Tripper 2008 was the first).

Im trying to get mayor Eisenberger to help me with my "DAY" called "Give your car a rest day." where you take the bus, bike, train Etc. This would take place during Earthweek. I also asked if on that day the HSR would be free.

If your mayor is support enough on transit, which I have my doubts.

Las year, some of us took advantage of free transit at SURF and MRC Les Moulins on December 31st, well worth it, found out what crap the buses at Moulins were, and re-confirmed how awesome SURF was.

I rarely fan STL, partially due to AMT fear-mongering, but a group outing would eliminate this, so I would most likely join in.

CITSO will be free December 25th and January 1st from midnight to the last departure the next morning.

http://www.citso.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=417 *

* This also notes the first time CITSO has used their AMT-provided website. Seems like a good thing seeing that their independent website is in dire need of a update.

Alex

CRT Lanaudiere buses are also free on December 25 and Janaury 1st

- Sunday service

http://www.crtl.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=409

CITSO will be free December 25th and January 1st from midnight to the last departure the next morning.

http://www.citso.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=417 *

* This also notes the first time CITSO has used their AMT-provided website. Seems like a good thing seeing that their independent website is in dire need of a update.

Alex

CRT Lanaudiere buses are also free on December 25 and Janaury 1st

- Sunday service

http://www.crtl.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=409

Nice, I will try to participiate in this! :P

Frankly. I'm not sure what's worth riding because only routes 1, 31, 32, 33 would be offered right?

Well I haven't taken 33 before... hmm...

Would someone be so kind as to affix what routes CRL will be offering and from where? Obviously Montmorency but what about Henri-Bourassa, or perhaps Radisson?

Frankly. I'm not sure what's worth riding because only routes 1, 31, 32, 33 would be offered right?

Well I haven't taken 33 before... hmm...

Would someone be so kind as to affix what routes CRL will be offering and from where? Obviously Montmorency but what about Henri-Bourassa, or perhaps Radisson?

CRT Lanaudiere only operates out of Radisson with a few trips going straight to Central (Bus) Station at Berri.

Nothing at Montmo or H-B

http://www.tec.amt.qc.ca/itec/pa1/circuits/crtl_lcirc.htm

http://www.jembarque.com has the modified holiday schedules.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, even though we all knew this pretty much already it's finally been posted by the AMT.

"SERVICE OFFERT À L'OCCASION DU TEMPS DES FÊTES

LIGNE MONTRÉAL/DEUX-MONTAGNES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service régulier :

Les mercredis 24 décembre 2008 et 31 décembre 2008

Service du dimanche :

Les jeudis 25 décembre 2008 et 1er janvier 2009 – PASSAGE GRATUIT

Service du samedi :

Les vendredis 26 décembre 2008 et 2 janvier 2009

LIGNE MONTRÉAL/DORION–RIGAUD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service régulier :

Les mercredis 24 décembre 2008 et 31 décembre 2008

Service du dimanche :

Les jeudis 25 décembre 2008 et 1er janvier 2009 – PASSAGE GRATUIT

Les vendredis 26 décembre 2008 et 2 janvier 2009

So quick translation, Free service on DM line and MTL/Dorion-R line on Xmas and New Year's.

Barring a snowstorm my attendance at the 24th free day is pending. Assuming the above list is final... I would sooner give preference to STL over RTL because I have not spent nearly as much time in STL land this year as I should have and also because of proximity to return home. Of course it might be cool to just stick around Panama or Longueuil and wait for a bus or a route that could be cool. As far as STL is concerned, it's either Monty or Cartier to stake out.

Barring a snowstorm my attendance at the 24th free day is pending. Assuming the above list is final... I would sooner give preference to STL over RTL because I have not spent nearly as much time in STL land this year as I should have and also because of proximity to return home. Of course it might be cool to just stick around Panama or Longueuil and wait for a bus or a route that could be cool. As far as STL is concerned, it's either Monty or Cartier to stake out.

I'm not 100% on STL on the 24th, maybe the 31st.

It's official for STL:

"DECEMBER 24 AND 31, 2008 - RIDE FREE ABOARD THE STL

Laval, December 18, 2008 - In keeping with its tradition, the STL is offering free transportation, all day long, on December 24 and 31, 2008, in order to thank its riders and show tangible support for the various campaigns aimed at preventing drinking and driving.

Nevertheless, the Société de transport de Laval is asking its clientele to consider giving generously December 24 and 31, so that young Laval residents can go to school on a full stomach. The donations collected on STL buses during these two days will be given to the STL's Boomerang Committee, to provide breakfast snacks to underprivileged children in a few schools in Laval.

"

Note that the AMT has ordered the RTL to offer weekday service intervals on the 90 and 100 expresses. Service is free. I'm thinking of doing a 100-90 interline in AM rush :):):P Anyway if anyone wants to reach me, I've pretty much decided on hitting up the RTL for the 24th so just call me.