Sunshine Village Ski Resort

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Not sure if I posted this before, but about a year ago when I went out to Banff, I found two 1990 MCI Classics (Ex-Utah Transit Authority - Salt Lake City) running for the Sunshine Village ( http://www.skibanff.com ). I confirmed with staff at the Village that the buses are owed and operated by them for Parking lot shuttles and other needs. Now, this afternoon I got word that a Blue Bird Rear engine bus of some sort has arrived at Kirkman Bus Sales and is said to be for the Sunshine Village. I do not have photos of that unit, but when I find photos of the Classics, I will post them in this thread.

• 4 months later...
Well it look likes ROAM runs the classics now.

Try this link.

No, they are still operated by Sunshine Village and that is where the photos were taken. I was with him when those images were taken and took some myself as well. He is fully aware they are not Banff Transit vehicles even though that is the Gallery he has them posted in.

• 4 years later...

It was asked in another thread of what the fleet consists of for Sunshine Village which apparently purchased former CT #'s 7001 and 5112. I am attaching photos of #'s 23 to 25. #25 is the Bluebird I was referring to and #'s 23 & 24 are the former Salt Lake City MCI Classics from 1990. I am still searching for my images of #22 which is an older International Corbeil with the extended height roof that they also operate.

Also to note, I believe #25 has been sold off and is no longer part of the Sunshine Village fleet, but this is not confirmed. Awhile back, I spotted what looked to be an identical Blue Bird as Sunshine #25 parked and for sale inside the Michener Allen Auction yard in N.E. Calgary. This still needs to be verified as well as verifying that CT #'s 5112 and 7001 were in fact sold to Sunshine Village. I need to do a trip up there sometime in the near future.

180212-2901sunshine-village23.jpg

180213-2909sunshine-village24.jpg

180213-2902sunshine-village23.jpg

180212-2903sunshine-village25.jpg

It was asked in another thread of what the fleet consists of for Sunshine Village which apparently purchased former CT #'s 7001 and 5112. I am attaching photos of #'s 23 to 25. #25 is the Bluebird I was referring to and #'s 23 & 24 ae the former Salt Lake City MCI Classics from 1990. I am still searching for my images of #22 which is an older International Corbeil with the extended height roof that they also operate.

Also to note, I believe #25 has been sold off and is no longer part of the Sunshine Village fleet, but this is not confirmed. Awhile back, I spotted what looked to be an identical Blue Bird as Sunshine #25 parked and for sale inside the Michener Allen Auction yard in N.E. Calgary. This still needs to be verified as well as verifying that CT #'s 5112 and 7001 were in fact sold to Sunshine Village. I need to do a trip up there sometime in the near future.

I was the one that inquired :D, thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Today, Kevlo86 and myself went out to hunt down former CT #'s 5112 and 7001 which are now Sunshine Village #'s 31 and 30 respectively. Sunshine Village has retired #23 which is one of the former Salt Lake City Utah 1990 MCI Classic's, but #24 remains active. Apparently there are plans to acquire a few more MCI's from CT, so I guess we will need to keep our eyes out for when that happens.

As well, thanks to member 'D40LF' for the heads up about these two former CT buses! Photos shortly...

Edit: And here are the photos:

010114-3200sunshine31.jpg

010114-3206sunshine30.jpg

010114-3259sunshine30.jpg

010114-3264sunshine31.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This past weekend, I spotted former Sunshine Village #24 at the Calgary Metals scrapyard. I could not get a photo of it at the scrapyard, but here is a photo of it taken last summer at Wajax (Detroit Diesel) in S.E. Calgary.

Hey! Sorry, thats a pic of #23 :P

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I am still wondering if they did end up picking up any more CT MCI Classics after the above noted ones. I gotta do another trip out there again to check it all out again! Need money...

They have not, just the 3 that we already know about and of course the D40.

So, I am still wondering if they did end up picking up any more CT MCI Classics after the above noted ones. I gotta do another trip out there again to check it all out again! Need money...!

I know that issue. $400 for my Calgary trip in approximately... three weeks! Just for travel. If it weren't for my friend letting me stay at her place, it'd be closer to $1000.

• 11 months later...