Yet another STO fare hike! + No word on Aylmer service improvements

Cre47

I've just read that the STO is once again rising their fares for bus tickets and bus passes.

Adult regular bus passes will now be 69$ a jump of 2$ from now and a jump of 12$ since their six-straight year fare freeze ended. Express passes will cost 84.50$ up by 2$. Tickets will rise 10 cents to 2.50$ (probably the highest in Canada) that means 60 cents more then OC Transpo (widh the STO accept OC bus tickets)

Student regular passes will rise 1$ to 48.50$ (6.50$ more then in 2000) and 1$ to 61$ for express routes. Tickets wiil rise 5 cents to 1.90$ which is the same an adult pays for 2 tickets (1 trip) on a OC Transpo bus.

Senior passes climbs 1$ to 31$ (26$ in 2000)

STO says the adult regular pass is at the same level then in 2002. However, keep in mind the STO did not drop once its price since a long long time (I don't remember when). However, they mentionned that we had the federal tax credit on monthly passes which explains why the price for 2007 will be back at the 2002 levels.

Rises we hope will contribute for additionnal trips and for progressing the Rapibus project (still not started).

By the way, still no word on when their will be public consultations for service improvements for the Aylmer sector. It was supposed to be this fall. Apparently some new funding of 500 000$ will be used for that.

In the news I've briefly caught a glimpse of what was a map in regards to possible changes for Aylmer (proposals) but it was shown too quick so I haven't caught anything.

By the way, still no word on when their will be public consultations for service improvements for the Aylmer sector. It was supposed to be this fall. Apparently some new funding of 500 000$ will be used for that.

In the news I've briefly caught a glimpse of what was a map in regards to possible changes for Aylmer (proposals) but it was shown too quick so I haven't caught anything.

It will be presented on November 15-16 to Aylmer residents.