Kingston Transit

D40LF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to the garage today.

The dead line consists of only 8894, 9196 and 0625.

The damage to the Cutaway is quite extensive, I can see why it was retired.

This of course was the first bus in the new paint scheme to be retired.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spotted 0519 being towed today down Princess Street. Oddly it didn't seem to be heading to the garage.

0519 is back in service, although I saw it with the bike rack on still. The only one in the fleet still with it (when I saw it).

Also a new bus will soon be orderd, I somehow get the feeling this will be another International LC.

From reading the info this looks like a replacement for 0625.

CITY COUNCIL MEETING NO. 03-2010

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 7:00 pm in the Council Chamber at City Hall.

Council will resolve into the Committee of the Whole “In Camera” and

will reconvene as regular Council at 7:30 pm.

(f)

Award of Tender for One 31’ Mid-Size, Rear-Wheel Drive, Low Floor Transit Bus to Leeds Transit Inc.

THAT

the tender F18-CS-FL-2009-20 for the purchase of one 31’ mid-size, rear-wheel drive, and low-floor transit

coach be awarded to Leeds Transit Inc. for the purchase price of $215,900 plus applicable taxes;

- and further -

THAT

$186,698.21 plus applicable taxes, the net of insurance proceeds less the deductible, be funded from the

Transit Equipment Replacement Reserve Fund.

(The Report of the Commissioner of Corporate Services (10-028) is attached as Schedule Pages 74-75)

(File No. CSU-F18-004-2010

Award of Tender for One 31’ Mid-Size, Rear-Wheel Drive, Low Floor Transit Bus to Leeds Transit Inc.

THAT

the tender F18-CS-FL-2009-20 for the purchase of one 31’ mid-size, rear-wheel drive, and low-floor transit

coach be awarded to Leeds Transit Inc. for the purchase price of $215,900 plus applicable taxes;

Wow! $216K seems an awful lot of money for a cutaway bus. Is this the price tag of an International IC or is that more in the EZ-Rider range? ;)

Wow! $216K seems an awful lot of money for a cutaway bus. Is this the price tag of an International IC or is that more in the EZ-Rider range? ;)

EZ-Rider Max would cost about $350-400k. Since this is an IC chassis, it would be around 6 figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from the garage, got a couple of shots of the two new buses. One has no sign of any fleet number while the other carries 0942 on a piece of paper inside the bus. There are two more coming next week.

I can confirm that there are four buses in total which I guess will be 0942-0945, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were renumbered 1042-1045. However as there are more expected later this year I wonder if they will keep them as 09s to keep them seperate from the other buses.

Just came back from the garage, got a couple of shots of the two new buses. One has no sign of any fleet number while the other carries 0942 on a piece of paper inside the bus. There are two more coming next week.

I can confirm that there are four buses in total which I guess will be 0942-0945, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were renumbered 1042-1045. However as there are more expected later this year I wonder if they will keep them as 09s to keep them seperate from the other buses.

There the same as their 2008 batches with no changes, right?

The days of the classics must be numbered now?

Depends who you speak to. I have been told that all remaining high floors may be gone by the end of this year (there are 9 Classics and 1 Orion V left) and I have also heard that the last one will be retired in 2012. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Have heard the Kingston Transit is looking at improving service, don't know when yet however. Included in these service improvements would be 20 minute service and a bus to Gananoque and another to Napanee.

This last one would be interesting as it would meen that you could ride Kingston Transit from Gananoque to Napanee, then Deseronto Transit to Belleville. Pity Trenton Transit doesn't run into the Loyalist collage, could be a fun day out!

Have heard the Kingston Transit is looking at improving service, don't know when yet however. Included in these service improvements would be 20 minute service and a bus to Gananoque and another to Napanee.

This last one would be interesting as it would meen that you could ride Kingston Transit from Gananoque to Napanee, then Deseronto Transit to Belleville. Pity Trenton Transit doesn't run into the Loyalist collage, could be a fun day out!

If Kingston does do those service improvements then that would be a sweet transit fan ride from Belleville to Gananoque

Was a new bus map issued for 2009? Last August when I was in Kingston, I was told that there was a problem at the printers and the new issue wasn't ready. I also checked the KT website and the May 2008 map still seems to be up there. I'm going to be heading to Toronto in a few weeks and I was just wondering if I should make the extra stop. Thanks!

Was a new bus map issued for 2009? Last August when I was in Kingston, I was told that there was a problem at the printers and the new issue wasn't ready. I also checked the KT website and the May 2008 map still seems to be up there. I'm going to be heading to Toronto in a few weeks and I was just wondering if I should make the extra stop. Thanks!

Yes, they came out in September.