Kingston Transit

D40LF

2 hours ago, D40LF said:

I get the feeling that KT is trying to portray itself as a major city transit agency along the likes of Toronto, or even Calgary. There was even talk a few years ago of building an LRT line, or at least when the third crossing was built to build it with the track already installed. The truth is Kingston isn't there yet, it maybe one day but they still have a long way to go imo.

That's the way I feel too. They'll start getting bigger than they can handle if they continue right away

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D40LF said:

Interesting as I was once told by KT management that there is no need for artics. But then it may just be stopping by on a tour and not at the invite of KT.

I think that was it. I asked a few operators and some saw it, some didn't know it was here. The people from the office conducting surveys about the downtown transfer point didn't know about it either.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-03-20 at 7:07 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

In talking to the Operators, they said only 1 Orion VI is currently active (9808). Have we been able to confirm how many are still active and is this true that only one is left?

That is not true, as I photographed 9807 Saturday June 4th.

Using a fisheye lens on a Sony a58 DSLR, I captured a very interesting shot of the interior of KT's Orion VI 9807. Unfortunately, there are 2 people in the photograph, but that does not take away from the view of the inside.

DSC00815.JPG

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if anybody is actually checking this forum on a day-to-day basis as I am. I have noticed some errors and broken links on the Wiki page, and I do have the corrected information and updated links to fix. However, I am not an Editor, so I am not able to actually make the changes. Some major mistakes and/or broken links are as follows:

The link to the route map is a 404 as Kingston has since updated the link, to include specific maps on the all-route page. This updated page also includes maps of the 4 transfer points in Kingston. Here is the working link to that page: https://www.cityofkingston.ca/residents/transit/bus-schedules

Routes 17 and 20 are seasonal routes, and must be stated as such.

The notes on 1050 indicate that it is wrapped for the Isabel, which is true. However, the notes also say that 1050 is used exclusively on route 20, which is incorrect, as it is frequently used on route 4 and others when route 20 is not in-season. I do indeed have proof of this.

Both photos of the interior of the new Nova buses do not capture the single seat behind the driver, something I can capture with a fisheye lens.

The notes for 1482 correctly state that the bus was used as a local bus on arrival, however does not state that it was wrapped as one, and does not list a picture related to that wrap. I have a few images I could add (aren't mine, found them on google, will cite sources), which would add depth to the notes.

Some form of thumbnail could be added for the Xpress livery, which I could do.

These are all the things I have found wrong with the current Wiki page, and it's mildly infuriating that I cannot edit and change these things. If someone could change/add these, or let me do it, that would be great. I do indeed live in Kingston, and I probably will for another two years or so. I am shooting for a photography class this Saturday (June 11th 2016)  at the various transfer points, so if anyone finds themselves in the area, stop by to say hi!

**EDITS** Some wonderful editor read my notes, and changed the changeable things on the page! Thank you very much! The updated mistakes, or edits, are in bold.

*EDIT #2 REVENGANCE* I edited the first sentence. I was an idiot, and the strike-through is to remind everyone that I mess up, but will correct my mistakes.

Edited by Generator.edu
General Updates

14 hours ago, DanT said:

Spotted express coach 1369 on the 2 today (actual 2, not extra). Haven't seen an express on a regular route in quite a while, used to see them on the 3 and 16 from time to time. http://imgur.com/p1LcJAB

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen 1502 out recently. I wonder if it's in for repairs? Maybe I haven't been out looking enough.

Also, as it's raining today, I'll be going out tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Generator.edu said:

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen 1502 out recently. I wonder if it's in for repairs? Maybe I haven't been out looking enough.

Also, as it's raining today, I'll be going out tomorrow.

Yeah actually, I haven't either. Last time I saw it was at the beginning of the week leaving the downtown transfer point not in service

2 hours ago, DanT said:

Yeah actually, I haven't either. Last time I saw it was at the beginning of the week leaving the downtown transfer point not in service

Hm, that's puzzling. Did you see it at the end of the day? I know it was getting worked raw previous weeks (or so it seemed, I would see it everywhere), maybe something happened? I'll ask tomorrow, I'll be taking pictures at transfer points.

EDIT: It's possible that the express coach was a replacement for 1502. I haven't seen the Orions out recently, they may be in the stages of retirement. I'll be transit fanning/taking pictures for a good chunk of the day tomorrow, and I plan to make it out to the garage. I'll ask around about everything, and will definitely post the information here.

I got a few today, but they're artsy and stuff (slow shutter speed motion blur). I'll post them to flickr at some point or another, as most of the jpegs I have are 2 MB or over, preventing me from uploading direct.

Edited by Generator.edu
A BREAKTHROUGH HAPPENED

1 hour ago, Generator.edu said:

Hm, that's puzzling. Did you see it at the end of the day? I know it was getting worked raw previous weeks (or so it seemed, I would see it everywhere), maybe something happened? I'll ask tomorrow, I'll be taking pictures at transfer points.

EDIT: It's possible that the express coach was a replacement for 1502. I haven't seen the Orions out recently, they may be in the stages of retirement. I'll be transit fanning/taking pictures for a good chunk of the day tomorrow, and I plan to make it out to the garage. I'll ask around about everything, and will definitely post the information here.

I got a few today, but they're artsy and stuff (slow shutter speed motion blur). I'll post them to flickr at some point or another, as most of the jpegs I have are 2 MB or over, preventing me from uploading direct.

It was the afternoon, around 3-5. Also can't wait to see your photos!

18 minutes ago, DanT said:

Also can't wait to see your photos!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! I'll post the photos I think are best/need to be shared to this flickr album:Hey, click this!

I only posted 3 pictures from today, despite taking a few more, because the others turned out terribly, and it wasn't a great day for photography. I'll be editing the panning blurred motion shot of 1509 as it will be used in a school project worth 30% of my final mark.

3 hours ago, Generator.edu said:

I'll be editing the panning blurred motion shot of 1509 as it will be used in a school project worth 30% of my final mark.

Awesome shots!!! I too have a school photography project to work on (coincidentally also worth 30% of my mark), just need to get photos for it :lol:

44 minutes ago, D40LF said:

I don't think the Orion's are gone until the next batch of LFS arrive. I need to find out when that is.

I agree, and to be fair, I think I saw one on Wednesday or something. I'll ask some operators tomorrow about the next batch of LFS', although I think delivery is expected this September, but I don't know for sure. I'm going to cut my post into sections tomorrow, one for spottings, one for information, and one for the pictures along with general updates. PM me if anyone wants to meet up somewhere, I'm open to the idea.

1 hour ago, Generator.edu said:

I agree, and to be fair, I think I saw one on Wednesday or something. I'll ask some operators tomorrow about the next batch of LFS', although I think delivery is expected this September, but I don't know for sure. I'm going to cut my post into sections tomorrow, one for spottings, one for information, and one for the pictures along with general updates. PM me if anyone wants to meet up somewhere, I'm open to the idea.

Is there a kid, well I guess he is a young man now, named Mitch who hangs around the Kingston Centre?

In case you are interested this is a website I have, info is old as I have only returned to Kingston twice since moving to Calgary almost six years ago.

http://www.angelfire.com/f-c-t-s/main.html

2 hours ago, Lenz said:

Geeze so much activity in this thread lately.

I too have been quite curious about what was up with 1502 so I took a drive over to KT's yard and I managed to find it.  Seems to be broken or something?

Wasn't me, I admit I killed Calgary Transit 8190 this past week, Nova's do seem to be more fragile than a Flyer!

If any of you guys can get the license plates from the buses it would be appreciated. Seems I won't be going back to Kingston this year.

5 hours ago, D40LF said:

If any of you guys can get the license plates from the buses it would be appreciated.

I'll do my best. :D

I may go silent for a bit after today, as I'll be editing these photos, and possibly doing other school-related stuff. I'll post the information I gather before I go, so don't worry!

Also, here's Cat Transfer Point.

DSC00807.JPG

5 hours ago, D40LF said:

Wasn't me, I admit I killed Calgary Transit 8190 this past week, Nova's do seem to be more fragile than a Flyer!

If any of you guys can get the license plates from the buses it would be appreciated. Seems I won't be going back to Kingston this year.

FYI, the VINs and license plates for all 5 Novas are already listed on the Wiki. 1502, 1504, 1506, 1509-1510

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

FYI, the VINs and license plates for all 5 Novas are already listed on the Wiki. 1502, 1504, 1506, 1509-1510

Yes I know, but I mean all the buses in the fleet, not just the Nova's. Kingston seems to be changing the plates on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, D40LF said:

0315 - 2523BJ

0623 - 6019BJ

0835 - 2527BJ

0944 - 4210BF

1049 - 6036BH

1254 - BJH741

1368 - 3682BH

1504 - 6015BJ

1506 - 6014BJ

All from the past month, I'd assume they're still the same