Kingston Transit

D40LF

10 hours ago, DanT said:

Yes, they are entering service today, immediately after the media event that was held this afternoon. Very smooth ride! 2107 was the number on one, didn't catch the other's number as they're currently only on the inside. 

2108 was the other one, I seen it in a video that showcased the inside of it! 

• Like 1

Got a shot of 2108E at the Kingston Centre on Route 12.

I have a friend that lives at a bus stop and intersection on route 12.  Gave them a heads up that it was going to be going by.  They said aside from the sound the brakes made they wouldn't have noticed.  That's a beauty for noise pollution!

IMG_0457.jpeg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Kingston Transit 0832 832, 0833 833, 0834 834 are all gone or inactive. N/A Status for 835 or 836.

unknown.png

also is their anyway I can become a wiki editor as I myself go out and ride the Kingston Transit Buses and I visit the garage often I would like to keep the Kingston Transit cptdb page on track.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Patrick28 said:

Kingston Transit 0832 832, 0833 833, 0834 834 are all gone or inactive. N/A Status for 835 or 836.

unknown.png

also is their anyway I can become a wiki editor as I myself go out and ride the Kingston Transit Buses and I visit the garage often I would like to keep the Kingston Transit cptdb page on track.

You would go to this thread and submit your application for being a wiki editor. An administrator will then review and make their decision. 

https://cptdb.ca/forum/59-editor-applications/

Considering you only have one post and still new, it isn't very likely that you will be granted those privileges by the administrators. People who are wiki editors are those that have been around on the board for a long period of time and a history of constructive post contributions. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:28 PM, Patrick28 said:

unknown.png

I’m curious but is their a procurement on those buses? I want to see which scrapper they get sent off to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im trying to organize a fan trip for the last day of the d40lf/d40lfrs here in kingston ontario (kingston transit) I'll provide more details later on if it happens I got to talk more with Kingston transit.
just wondering would anyone be interested in showing up if it were to happen.

22 hours ago, Patrick28 said:

Im trying to organize a fan trip for the last day of the d40lf/d40lfrs here in kingston ontario (kingston transit) I'll provide more details later on if it happens I got to talk more with Kingston transit.
just wondering would anyone be interested in showing up if it were to happen.

I contacted Kingston Transit a number of years ago trying to organize a fan trip for the Orion VI buses. I was told at that time that Kingston Transit does not do charters. Perhaps that has changed. Good luck with your quest !

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I contacted Kingston Transit a number of years ago trying to organize a fan trip for the Orion VI buses. I was told at that time that Kingston Transit does not do charters. Perhaps that has changed. Good luck with your quest !

they know me there so it will probably go through.

I have questioned kingston transit if they have ordered any new buses that are going to replace the remaining d40lfs and d40lfrs which are 0835 0942 0944 1046 1047 1049 1050, and somewhat 1360 which had supposedly been written off from service march 21st 2022..

Kingston transit is to gain 5 more XE40's by this year.

these might be 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 or 2109 2110 2112 2113 2114

On 2/13/2022 at 2:47 PM, PrimeTio said:

I’m curious but is their a procurement on those buses? I want to see which scrapper they get sent off to

kimco steels

• 4 weeks later...

Kingston Transit 0942 has suffered damage from a crash at the kingston ctr transfer point around 10:30-11 o clock AM a week ago or so, the back light panel or something on 0942 has suffered damage and should be getting new parts but the status on 0942 remains MIA.

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, Patrick28 said:

Kingston transit is to gain 5 more XE40's by this year.

these might be 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 or 2109 2110 2112 2113 2114

Has Kingston Transit stopped with the ad hoc numbering system? Was in Kingston on Thursday and saw numbers all over the place on the buses I noticed.

12 minutes ago, D40LF said:

Has Kingston Transit stopped with the ad hoc numbering system? Was in Kingston on Thursday and saw numbers all over the place on the buses I noticed.

The "all-over-the-place" numbering system is actually a result of continuing their previous numbering system, where each bus has a unique unit number. Starting with the 2015 order, they decided to number the new buses into the gaps between existing units, including direct replacement of numbers that were being retired by the incoming units; this resulted in extremely scattered fleet numbers.

They seem to have discontinued this practice with the 2021 orders (LFS and XE40), which used consecutive fleet numbers 2101-2108E, where all of the unit numbers are already "in use" by other buses.

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

The "all-over-the-place" numbering system is actually a result of continuing their previous numbering system, where each bus has a unique unit number. Starting with the 2015 order, they decided to number the new buses into the gaps between existing units, including direct replacement of numbers that were being retired by the incoming units; this resulted in extremely scattered fleet numbers.

They seem to have discontinued this practice with the 2021 orders (LFS and XE40), which used consecutive fleet numbers 2101-2108E, where all of the unit numbers are already "in use" by other buses.

Yes, which is why it is all over the place! Before that they tried to incorporate transit into a main fleet numbering scheme. However they quickly dropped that idea but not before a street sweeper became 18, which is why there was a gap between 0317 and 0519.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, DanT said:

KT announced their fall service enhancements, which includes the return of the queens routes (17, 18, 20), expanded peak service on route 15, and the introduction of route 19 - serving the Woodhaven subdivision. 

Transit_Route19_MapSchedule.pdf 139.22 kB · 1 download

Just looking at the service changes. Seeing the Route 17 late evening into early morning resume. 

Monday to Saturday from 11 PM until just after 2 AM the next morning with all service finishing by 2:30 AM. Sunday service from 8:30 PM until just after 2 AM the next morning. 

Since it is intended to provide service to Queens University. Very few agencies provide transit service that late 7 days/week. Hope to make a visit to Kingston one day. 

1 hour ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Monday to Saturday from 11 PM until just after 2 AM the next morning with all service finishing by 2:30 AM. Sunday service from 8:30 PM until just after 2 AM the next morning. 

Yes, the late service is much appreciated for late shift workers such as myself - I would be curious to find out the average ridership levels after 12am

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

I know that Kingston Transit sold fishbowl 7975 to the police services. Does anyone know if they still have it or has it been scrapped?

I think it was scrapped a long time ago. I seem to remember being told that the police destroyed it during training.