Kingston Transit

D40LF

On 9/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, Kristopher24 said:

With 1929 now in service I guess that would mean 0729 is now retired? 

0729 has been retired due to transmission issues. I can confirm that 0728 is still active as it is currently running route 15. 

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Tender has been awarded for the electric buses, and as per the contract report they will be New Flyer, final approval to purchase the first will be at next week's council meeting. The second unit will come after the ICIP funding is approved.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Don't you guys just miss the orion VI's Kingston Transit Had?

we also had the route's 

EB Gardiners / Collins Bay

B Reddendale

C Clyde Industrial Park

E12 St Lawrence College

On 9/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, Kristopher24 said:

I've also seen 1922 and 1929 which were both express units. With 1929 now in service I guess that would mean 0729 is now retired? 

0729 is currently being stored in the garage actually since I have had tours their, but It had new cam put in for some odd reason,  0728 Is near the end since Express Unit 1951 Has Entered Service

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 8:45 PM, Kristopher24 said:

I never see any of the D40LF's or D40LFR's on the road anymore these days, mostly just the new buses, anyone know the status of these? 

I still have seen the occasional LF/LFR over the past 2 weeks, mostly on quieter routes like the 12/14/15. Due to the Covid service reduction the express coaches have been used significantly more than usual on local routes, so I suspect we'll see the LF/LFRs more often once service levels are restored on the 31st

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, Kristopher24 said:

Does anyone know if the Electric buses are still scheduled to come by the end of this year or has that been delayed due to Covid? 

According to the Wiki they're on order, but according to the history that section was added November 2019.

I haven't been able to find any newer reference on the city website but I did find this on Kingstonist:
https://www.kingstonist.com/news/over-47-million-invested-in-kingstons-public-and-active-transportation/

It references a single electric bus and 6 new conventional buses.

Edit: I asked them about on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Teddy said:

According to the Wiki they're on order, but according to the history that section was added November 2019.

I haven't been able to find any newer reference on the city website but I did find this on Kingstonist:
https://www.kingstonist.com/news/over-47-million-invested-in-kingstons-public-and-active-transportation/

Any reason why route 18 is still suspended? I know that students are not back but people still need to get to the train station. I mean come on. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Any reason why route 18 is still suspended? I know that students are not back but people still need to get to the train station. I mean come on. 

Route 18 is duplicated by other routes for almost its entire length. The VIA station is also still served by route 16, which continues to run, and is within walking distance of route 7.

While the 16 doesn't provide as many connections as the 18 did (such as direct service to Downtown), there are no areas served by the 18 that don't require more than one transfer to get to without it running, or that are left without any service.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:40 PM, Teddy said:

Good to know, thanks for confirming! Kinda figured they were still getting them just didn't know exactly when! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, Kristopher24 said:

Seen 2 new Nova buses today, coach #2101 and #2103

Working from home I haven't been riding the bus or getting much transit spotting done in a long time.  Were they painted as express or regular buses?

Also - haven't heard any updates about the electric buses.

6 minutes ago, Teddy said:

Working from home I haven't been riding the bus or getting much transit spotting done in a long time.  Were they painted as express or regular buses?

Also - haven't heard any updates about the electric buses.

They are conventional. They also have the new driver window.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kristopher24 said:

Any pics? 

I don't have any myself, a friend showed me it. Doesn't look too different from the XD40s, biggest difference are chrome rims and the rear end. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, Teddy said:

Anybody hear anything about the new electric buses?  I haven't been on a bus since March year and haven't spotted them out on the street yet. 

I've yet to see one, I'm sure there is some training on them before they can be on the road

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, Kristopher24 said:

Found this on google! 

5fae91467237893313df137344987b6e.jpg

Wow @DanT was right - it is wrapped, you can see the blue underneath it. 

I'd bet when they remove it it'll be missing the X over the rear windows like 1482 (which was previously wrapped in the white non-express livery)

Very excited to see these in service.  According to this webpage  the city is planning to be up to 12 electric buses in 2022, including the 2 we have now.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Teddy said:

Kingston Transit was just live on Facebook with Bryan Patterson, Mark Gerretsen, and Caroline Mulrooney.  Buses in the background.  The mayor describes this as launching the buses, I assume this means they will be entering service.  

https://www.facebook.com/kingstontransit/videos/2265959326874504

Yes, they are entering service today, immediately after the media event that was held this afternoon. Very smooth ride! 2107 was the number on one, didn't catch the other's number as they're currently only on the inside.