Kingston Transit

D40LF

On 1/29/2018 at 7:49 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Are they expected to still be equipped with Voith transmissions?  I recall chatter saying they were having issues with acceleration and were considering have them come with a 6-speed transmission.

I believe they have Voith

On 1/29/2018 at 8:53 AM, TTC 9701 said:

Are these December 2017 or January 2018 build?

I've been told 2017

• 2 weeks later...

The May service enhancements are posted on the KT site:

• Route 1 and 2 no longer serve the Montreal St Park and Ride, rather looping at Guthrie and Joyce
  • Route 12 no longer goes north of CFB Kingston
  • The 600s get 10 minute service
  • Route 801/802 begin, serving the park and ride
  • Route 16 goes through the industrial park
  • Route 7 industrial is discontinued, rather it goes to Guthrie and Joyce with the 1 and 2

And on that note, several more Novas are on property now, both express and local.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

I was at the Cataraqui Centre on Sunday and noticed an LFS's and Xcelciors on routes 14 and 15.  Have they stopped using Arbocs on those routes...?

The Arbocs are being phased out and replaced by the new Novas, they will likely all be retired within the next month.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 5:21 PM, DanT said:

The May service enhancements are posted on the KT site:

• Route 1 and 2 no longer serve the Montreal St Park and Ride, rather looping at Guthrie and Joyce
  • Route 12 no longer goes north of CFB Kingston
  • The 600s get 10 minute service
  • Route 801/802 begin, serving the park and ride
  • Route 16 goes through the industrial park
  • Route 7 industrial is discontinued, rather it goes to Guthrie and Joyce with the 1 and 2

Additional service changes have been posted:

• Route 11 - slight schedule modifications
  • Route 501 - increased service from every 10 to every 8 minutes, weekday PM peak only
  • Route 502 - increased service from every 10 to every 5 minutes going from Cataraqui Centre to Downtown (via Bayridge/Front), weekday AM peak only. This change was actually made in the Fall as a temporary measure to reduce overcrowding, but has now been made a permanent change.
  • Route 701/702 - schedule modifications, with buses now leaving Cataraqui Centre at :15/:45 as opposed to :10/:40.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

Additional service changes have been posted:

• Route 11 - slight schedule modifications
  • Route 501 - increased service from every 10 to every 8 minutes, weekday PM peak only
  • Route 502 - increased service from every 10 to every 5 minutes going from Cataraqui Centre to Downtown (via Bayridge/Front), weekday AM peak only. This change was actually made in the Fall as a temporary measure to reduce overcrowding, but has now been made a permanent change.
  • Route 701/702 - schedule modifications, with buses now leaving Cataraqui Centre at :15/:45 as opposed to :10/:40.

Route 12 no longer goes up Hwy 15. It instead turns left at the base, going through the north side, then crossing back to the south side where the Kingston Centre direction would run. It is now a loop.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Kingston transit are always looking for drivers .. but despite what they say they are looking in a candidate they are very strange in who they actually hire ..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on 1477 this morning and noticed several items mounted appeared to be cameras.

• Only one I noticed inside opposite/facing the rear doors. 
  • One above the front door externally, appeared to be pointing towards the back (if a camera, possibly a wide angle to get both doors?)
  • One on the rear of the bus, not sure where pointing
  • One on top of the bus at the very front.

Does anybody know anything about this?  Do other cities have cameras like this?

24 minutes ago, Teddy said:

I was on 1477 this morning and noticed several items mounted appeared to be cameras.

• Only one I noticed inside opposite/facing the rear doors. 
  • One above the front door externally, appeared to be pointing towards the back (if a camera, possibly a wide angle to get both doors?)
  • One on the rear of the bus, not sure where pointing
  • One on top of the bus at the very front.

Does anybody know anything about this?  Do other cities have cameras like this?

Yes. Very common nowadays.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was on a new Nova last night. It was a non-Express white bus, fleet number 1901.

Two notable changes. A new fare box, I don’t have any details except it was much faster at scanning my card and it has a much brighter LCD screen. 

Secondly they have a slightly newer LCD for the next stop sign. Only change is that the refresh is a lot faster when text changes. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, Teddy said:

Was on a new Nova last night. It was a non-Express white bus, fleet number 1901.

Two notable changes. A new fare box, I don’t have any details except it was much faster at scanning my card and it has a much brighter LCD screen. 

Secondly they have a slightly newer LCD for the next stop sign. Only change is that the refresh is a lot faster when text changes. 

I've also seen 1922 and 1929 which were both express units. With 1929 now in service I guess that would mean 0729 is now retired?