Kingston Transit

D40LF

I saw an Orion V (along with a Cutaway and D40LF) in a bus terminal off Princess Street on Monday, on my way to the Wolfe Island Ferry.

That would be 9202, its the Orion V left.

I asked this morning about 9202, but no one could tell me anything, no wonder if it is still in service!

I can tell you that 9095 is also in service, saw it on the 6 today.

Orion VIII where on Princess street did you see it? The only terminal that comes to mind is at the Kingston Centre.

That would be 9202, its the Orion V left.

I asked this morning about 9202, but no one could tell me anything, no wonder if it is still in service!

I can tell you that 9095 is also in service, saw it on the 6 today.

Orion VIII where on Princess street did you see it? The only terminal that comes to mind is at the Kingston Centre.

That must have been the terminal. It was perpendicular to the street and the Cutaway was facing south, D40LF north and the Orion V was exiting the terminal. I didn't know the V was significant, or I would have stopped.

That must have been the terminal. It was perpendicular to the street and the Cutaway was facing south, D40LF north and the Orion V was exiting the terminal. I didn't know the V was significant, or I would have stopped.

Tsk tsk. You should read this thread more often. Should be gone later this year I am told when 3 or 5 (don't know which yet) New Flyers arrive.

Spottings

Friday, Aug 14

8868 out of service on Ontario St.

Saturday Aug 15

8893 on an unknown route

9810 on rte 4

0729 on rte 1

0931 on rte B

0630 on rte A

0314 on rte 6

0728 on rte 1

0312 on rte C

0313 on rte 2

9202 on an unknown route

Sunday Aug 16

1040 on rte E6

0729 on rte 2

Spottings

Friday, Aug 14

8868 out of service on Ontario St.

Saturday Aug 15

8893 on an unknown route

9810 on rte 4

0729 on rte 1

0931 on rte B

0630 on rte A

0314 on rte 6

0728 on rte 1

0312 on rte C

0313 on rte 2

9202 on an unknown route

Sunday Aug 16

1040 on rte E6

0729 on rte 2

Add for Sunday, August 16

0938 on route C (only bus on this route)

0622 on route 2 (only two buses on this route, other was the aforementioned 0729 which I rode this morning).

9810, 0624 on route E12 (only two buses on this route)

0317 on route 1, which interlines with route E71

0834 on route E71, which interlines with route 1

Am told that 1041 was finally delivered on Friday, August 14, 2009.

Kingston Transit has announced that they are to retire the last high floor in 2012.

Also as the fleet of low floors increases they have now made route 4 an accessible route, although it was rare to see a high floor on the route as it duplicates route 1 on Princess Street.

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1709465

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I saw 9202 heading south on 29 just outside of smiths falls today around 2:15 when we were heading back to ottawa, it passed us going the other way

looks like fresh paint, up at eastway?

I saw 9202 today in service on Route 6. It looked clean, but I don't think it was a new paint job. If it did get a new paint job, it got the old blue and black stripes, not the new blue and orange stripes.

A few of us stopped in Kingston to get some bus action after the Belleville charter and we didn't really expect to see HF action on a Saturday, but we were wrong! The following were all spotted in service:

8790 - weekend GM Classic action and oldest bus in fleet!

9202 - last Orion V in service

A few of us stopped in Kingston to get some bus action after the Belleville charter and we didn't really expect to see HF action on a Saturday, but we were wrong! The following were all spotted in service:

8790 - weekend GM Classic action and oldest bus in fleet!

9202 - last Orion V in service

Sunday is the only day in Kingston that you don't see a HF an the road. Saturday service is the same as any weekday.

Did anyone that went bother going to the garage? A few of us did and man did we ever get good treatment!

Still lucky you guys got the Orion V in service..we didn't...oh well!

Did they let you in?

To be honest I thought they would be closed!

There were 6 buses in the deadline:

9298 (cut open - they found frame was collapsing)

9299 (frame corrosion)

Some photos:

Where the numbers on 0625 painted out? I heard it maybe repaired, but after this time if it is still sitting there it may be done.

Did anyone that went bother going to the garage? A few of us did and man did we ever get good treatment!

Still lucky you guys got the Orion V in service..we didn't...oh well!

No, we didnt even bother to try there. We opted to try some inservice action. We started at Caterioque Ctr. where we saw 9809 and 8790. After there, we headed downtown where we really lucked out. It didn't take long for us to see the classics as there were some in and out of downtown eve. 15 min. rts 6 and 12 seemed to be the best as ev. rt 12 we saw was a classic and rt 6 also had classics and 9202( Orion V)!

When we were on our out way to the hwy, we did swing by the yd and did see some of those buses you go to see close up. (Nice pics BTW!) :P