Kingston Transit

D40LF

Rode 0833 Tuesday night, and was surprised to see a non active LCD display in the bus. I asked the driver what this is. He told me that it was for the GPS system that is going to be introduced. I don't know any other details at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Rode 0833 Tuesday night, and was surprised to see a non active LCD display in the bus. I asked the driver what this is. He told me that it was for the GPS system that is going to be introduced. I don't know any other details at this time.
That's interesting.

Just curious have you seen Ottawa's LCD units? Does it look like that?

Oh btw I'm going to Kingston today, and I should be wearing my OC Transpo hat, the same hat the drivers usually wear.

That's interesting.

Just curious have you seen Ottawa's LCD units? Does it look like that?

Oh btw I'm going to Kingston today, and I should be wearing my OC Transpo hat, the same hat the drivers usually wear.

I haven't seen any other LCD system yet, except maybe London (wasn't paying attention), so I can't say

I'm going to Smith Falls, to visit the Hershey plant before it closes and to see some CP power at the VIA station.

Well Kingston was fun, the frequencies might not be as good at OC Transpo (but they do come close) but they run the system way more efficiently the OC Transpo does. I like how when you arrive at a transfer station all the buses come and leave at once.

Also do any buses have bench seats other then the 88 Classics? Every other bus I rode had those hard shell seats.

P.S. sorry if my post sounds like I am stupid or anything, right now I'm kind of brain dead.

Do you mean the softer seats?
Yes

Btw as your a Kingston person, you should try planning a Kingston Charter next year, I could defiantly see a charter happening in Kingston. I know I would attend cause you could have a great photostop at Fort Henry with Downtown in the Background and most likely the sun angle should be good too.

Yes

Btw as your a Kingston person, you should try planning a Kingston Charter next year, I could defiantly see a charter happening in Kingston. I know I would attend cause you could have a great photostop at Fort Henry with Downtown in the Background and most likely the sun angle should be good too.

As posted elsewhere Kingston Transit no longer offers a charter service, they got out of it in 2005.

During the charter with 7975 I did arrange a photostop at Fort Henry, it was a great stop.

BTW it looks like Kingston just took delivery of an International LC series, photos of it have been added to the FCTS yahoo group.

As posted elsewhere Kingston Transit no longer offers a charter service, they got out of it in 2005.

During the charter with 7975 I did arrange a photostop at Fort Henry, it was a great stop.

BTW it looks like Kingston just took delivery of an International LC series, photos of it have been added to the FCTS yahoo group.

Ah I see, that's too bad.

Anyway that's interesting. Also I rode a D40LF with automated stop display but no audio, is that normal?

• 3 weeks later...

As some of you may know Kingston retired Orion V 9299 (the Queen's University AMS bus) a couple of months ago.

To replace it they wrapped Orion VI 9804 in a new blue wrap.

Was finally able to get some shots of it on Friday, just as the storm was starting.

http://johnsbusphotos.fotopic.net/p55472728.html Front 3/4 shot at the Kingston Centre.

http://johnsbusphotos.fotopic.net/p55472729.html Rear 3/4 shot at the VIA Rail station.

I have to say I like this scheme better than the one applied to 9299.

Ah I see, that's too bad.

Anyway that's interesting. Also I rode a D40LF with automated stop display but no audio, is that normal?

The system is still being setup, so only 1 or 2 buses have it operational and then not fully. But it is supposed to announce the stops as well as display them.

• 2 weeks later...
The system is still being setup, so only 1 or 2 buses have it operational and then not fully. But it is supposed to announce the stops as well as display them.

Rode a D40LF on Monday that had the LCD display working. It was interesting to see the stops being displayed. I asked the driver about the audio, he turned it up only to have some irritating impersonation of a ladies voice saying 'next stop....'. He soon turned it off again.

I don't know when the system will be fully up and running on all buses, but can't be too much longer.

Rode a D40LF on Monday that had the LCD display working. It was interesting to see the stops being displayed. I asked the driver about the audio, he turned it up only to have some irritating impersonation of a ladies voice saying 'next stop....'. He soon turned it off again.

I don't know when the system will be fully up and running on all buses, but can't be too much longer.

Would like to know who's the company that does the Auto announcer.

The system is apparently now supposed to be up and running, but so far only a couple of the buses I have been on have had the visual display working, but none have had the audio turned up.

I'm told that it is now waiting for the drivers to be fully trained.

Have been told that 0931 (the International LC) will not enter service until the spring.

There are also supposed to be five more coming this spring, tentatively numbered 0937-0941.

Looks like they may introduce them all at once.

Have been told that 0931 (the International LC) will not enter service until the spring.

There are also supposed to be five more coming this spring, tentatively numbered 0937-0941.

Looks like they may introduce them all at once.

Due to the cold snap, and the problems it causes to vehicles, including buses, 0931 was brought into service on Wednesday, January 14. The next day it was being used on the Industrial route (a rush hour route).

0620 has plate BN8 554.

A couple more recent replates:

0312 is BN8 557

0622 is BN8 552

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...