Hamilton EMS/Police Discussions.

Hybrid0920

On 6/6/2018 at 11:46 AM, rescue1cal said:

Awesome post Hamilton. Super interesting to see stations with Tankers (ex 4) that are now in solidly urban areas due to the quick development. 

What was the staffing like on the different units those days? Also were the cars chiefs or something else?

Cars are for Platoon Cheifs District Cheifs Safety officers and PIF also training and Transport if necessary 

Sorry PIO not PIF

Back in the past, 3 car, as in today, where senior officers. A District Chief east & on the mountain and the Platoon Chief  (Assistant Deputy Chief in the past) in the west. All other cars did all most all of the medical calls with a few exceptions.  Pump 3 and Pump 10 did medical calls in their areas. Call volumes for medical calls where much lower than today.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hamilton has a new urban engine design that will result in them being 20 inches shorter in length and 12 inches shorter in height. Two are on order from KME with one going to Engine 1 and the other likely Engine 11. Current Engine 1 will go to 6. 

There are also 2 Ladders, 5 volunteer Pumpers and 2 Tankers on order. Hearing the Pumps will go to 18, 19, 25, 26, 27 and the Tankers to 18 and 19. If anyone knows about the ladders that would be nice, although I’m assuming they’ll go to 4 and 20. 

• 2 weeks later...

Form another forum

Hamilton has a new urban engine design that will result in them being 20 inches shorter in length and 12 inches shorter in height. Two are on order from KME with one going to Engine 1 and the other likely Engine 11. Current Engine 1 will go to 6.

There are also 2 Ladders, 5 volunteer Pumpers and 2 Tankers on order. Hearing the Pumps will go to 18, 19, 25, 26, 27 and the Tankers to 18 and 19. If anyone knows about the ladders that would be nice, although I’m assuming they’ll go to 4 and 20.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some pictures of new apparatus for Hamilton Fire for 2019. Besides these, P 25, P 26 & P 27 are being replaced this year. E 1 & E 6 are also new for this year. Do not know where present E 1 is going. These would be the new shorter Engines for the inner city. All full time pumpers will be engines.  Two new Ladders are in. One is going to L 4 and other to ???.  Tower 19 will be replaced with a 30 m (105 ft) ladder. Apparently they are all in. 

Next year P 16, P 21 & P 26 will be replaced. 

All pictures are from HFD Twitter.

D8voGBhXsAgqcGe.jpg D8vmXCRX4AYPnTU.jpgD8voH8fWwAAip7Y.jpgD8vmVIQXoAAcNQR.jpg

• Like 2

The new Pumpers for the inner city are designated Pump 1 and Pump 6. Pump 1 is replacing Rescue 1, Engine 1 is staying there. 

Here are some more changes happening this year:

• In the coming months, Rescue 1 is to be replaced with an Urban Pumper (Pump 1). Rescue 4 is to be replaced with an Engine (Engine 4). Rescue 12 is to be replaced with a Ladder (Ladder 12). All 3 current Rescue's will be redeployed to volunteer stations, exact assignments unknown. 
  • Once Ladder 12 is in service, Ladder 15 will move to Ladder 19 and be replaced with Pump 15. 
  • Engine 5 is to be replaced with a Ladder (Ladder 5) in 2019.

Here is a rundown of more changes over the next 8 or so years:

• A 2nd Safety Officer position will be created in 2020. One firefighter will be assigned per shift and will assist the existing safety officer with accountability. In addition, they will have a role in training. 
  • In 2020, A second crew will be established during the day (8 am - 4 pm, Monday to Friday) at Station 24, to staff Ladder 24. A similar day crew will be established at Station 17.
  • The construction of Station 31 in Watertown is set to begin in 2020. Once completed, it will house an Engine and Ladder, both staffed full-time. Existing Station 24 will become fully volunteer.
  • In 2020, the HFD will purchase a large-capacity Foam Unit, as well as a small, off-road ATV with a pump and stretcher, in order to support rescue and firefighting operations on trails. They will also investigate the purchase of a drone.
  • In 2021, the HFD will begin daytime staffing at Stations 16 and 18 (8 am - 4 pm, Monday to Friday).
  • In 2021, the HFD will either purchase the land that Station 14 is currently located on, or an adjacent property to build a new station. They will also begin the process of relocating the Mechanical Division and Stores to Station 22 on Stone Church Road. 
  • In 2023, construction of a new Composite Station in Elfrida will begin. Once completed, the daytime crew at Station 17 will be moved to this station and operate full-time. 
  • In 2024, full-time staffing will begin at Station 16. In 2026, Station 18 will have full-time staffing.
  • In 2027, an Urban Pumper and crew will be added to either Station 10 or 23.

All from Hamilton Fire Wiki/10 Year Master Plan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Penguin Sniper FTW said:

So guys I just figured out about that post, I think R12 is out of service. I had not seen it for so long, and I just saw R90 pass by again. When I check the twitter its ''R12'' responding to a structure fire.

Rescue 12 is out of service due to a T-bone with a Kia Soul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Pump 15 is in service. Pump 26 is also in service. Ladder 12 is in the shop being prepped for service. 

Units still to go in service:

Ladder - still unmarked but sitting at the training centre

Pump 1 

Pump 25

Pumper - unknown destination, likely 11

Engine 5 will likely move to Station 4 to replace the Rescue once Ladder 5 goes in service. 

The old Ladder 15 is supposed to replace Tower 19.

Still unconfirmed which Volunteer/Composite Stations are getting the 3 rescues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Also Ladder 20 has been running for months with a ladder that has no apparatus markings. There is no apparatus marking, L20 nor a spare number anywhere on it. I have never been able to get close enough to see it's 300 number. 

Ladder 20’s former rig has been sitting in Station 10 beside their Ladder for a few weeks, still marked L20.

The ladder 20 is running is one of the new ones, the other being the one marked L12. I had assumed that ladder would become Ladder 5 but maybe they’ve changed plans.