Hamilton EMS/Police Discussions.

Hybrid0920

Here is a thread just for the Hamilton area EMS/Police/Fire service. You can report new vehicles, retirements, or odd sightings here.

First of all, the only ambulances with the new Chassis is #216 and 232. But.. there are 3 ambulances sitting at the maintance bays on Bay Street with all the Hamilton EMS livery removed.

Are there any new ambulances delivered?

Here is a thread just for the Hamilton area EMS/Police/Fire service. You can report new vehicles, retirements, or odd sightings here.

First of all, the only ambulances with the new Chassis is #216 and 232. But.. there are 3 ambulances sitting at the maintance bays on Bay Street with all the Hamilton EMS livery removed.

Are there any new ambulances delivered?

There are 4 vehicles that were replaced 2216,2218,2232 ans 2233. The 3 stripped vehicles are most likely the ones that were replaced by the 2008's. I believe that I read that more new ambulances would be in by the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ohh, okay. I wasn't assuming that because on Dec 3, 2008 you posted that the new ladder 20 will be there that Friday, so Im just guessing that it's just late. :P

Delivered on time! There is a lot of work that go into putting a new piece in-service. It is not like getting a car at the dealer. They test it and go over it to make sure everything that was ordered with it is there and working to spec. The high tech engines and transmissions they have need to be trained. Some item need to be changed to Canadian standards. There is driver training. Operations training. Equipment peculiar to Hamilton has to be installed i.e. radios, breathing equipment etc.

It can take up to 3 months or more to put it in service. Plus they have 5 new Engines to put in service and 3 Pumper Tankers coming in early in January.

I saw a ORNGE ambulance rushing by my work yesterday with sirens and lights full out.

There are 4 vehicles that were replaced 2216,2218,2232 ans 2233. The 3 stripped vehicles are most likely the ones that were replaced by the 2008's. I believe that I read that more new ambulances would be in by the end of the year.

I saw 2244 today as the 2008 Ford Demers ambulance.

I saw a ORNGE ambulance rushing by my work yesterday with sirens and lights full out.

I saw 2244 today as the 2008 Ford Demers ambulance.

The Orange ambulance is you saw was most likely from Toronto. It belongs to the Ornge corporation which has the air ambulance contract for all of Ontario. They have recently branched out to do inter hospital critical care ground transfers in areas such as Ottawa, Toronto, London Windsor and possibly soon in Hamilton

http://www.ornge.ca/land.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the new pumper resscues going in to stations 6,7,11,21 and 24. Has anyone heared where replaced pumpers in these stations will be moved to. I have heared that there will be a lot of moving around of apparatus but havent heard what's going where.

The only one I know about is pumper 24 which will stay in station 24 and be used by the volunteers.

The 3 new pumper tankers have arrived as well. they are apparently for stations 14, 24 and 25

Present Tanker 14 is most likely going to Station 26. Subject to change!

P6 is going to P9. (99% sure)

P11 is going to P5. (99% sure)

P21, P7, P5 & P9 are going to spare and will be number (new) P40, P41, P42 & P43.

Every week P24 changes from staying at 24 or becoming a spare.

Spare P60, P61, P62, P63, P69 & TK24 will be leaving the fleet and are up for sale. That is why P24 keeps coming up as a spare. They are getting rid of 5 and need 5 to replace them. All open jump seats will be gone.

TW67 is at the shop for sale.

P66 is out being repainted Red.

P1, P2 and L4 are expected to be repainted Red this year. That will leave P118 and L70 yellow.

Replacement specs and being drawn up for DC1, DC2, DC3, Car 9, Car 10, FS4 (most likely 6 Suburbans) R4, R6, Hazmat 4, SQ1, Car 73 (Safety Officer), L10 (L10 to L16, L16 to be sold)

SQ 1 will become a bigger vehicle with dual lighting towers and lots of SCBA cylinders. Mostly be built on a KME chassis. SQ 1 to become SQ27.

Work may start late this year on new Station 31 in Waterdown. All part-timers. Money is there in the capital budget for the station, Pumper Tanker (TK31) & Support Unit (S31).

I will post more as I find out.

• 2 weeks later...
Present Tanker 14 is most likely going to Station 26. Subject to change!

P6 is going to P9. (99% sure)

P11 is going to P5. (99% sure)

P21, P7, P5 & P9 are going to spare and will be number (new) P40, P41, P42 & P43.

Every week P24 changes from staying at 24 or becoming a spare.

Spare P60, P61, P62, P63, P69 & TK24 will be leaving the fleet and are up for sale. That is why P24 keeps coming up as a spare. They are getting rid of 5 and need 5 to replace them. All open jump seats will be gone.

TW67 is at the shop for sale.

P66 is out being repainted Red.

P1, P2 and L4 are expected to be repainted Red this year. That will leave P118 and L70 yellow.

Replacement specs and being drawn up for DC1, DC2, DC3, Car 9, Car 10, FS4 (most likely 6 Suburbans) R4, R6, Hazmat 4, SQ1, Car 73 (Safety Officer), L10 (L10 to L16, L16 to be sold)

SQ 1 will become a bigger vehicle with dual lighting towers and lots of SCBA cylinders. Mostly be built on a KME chassis. SQ 1 to become SQ27.

Work may start late this year on new Station 31 in Waterdown. All part-timers. Money is there in the capital budget for the station, Pumper Tanker (TK31) & Support Unit (S31).

I will post more as I find out.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Please excuse me for my possibly noob reply but P9 swapped places with E8 for a bit this week, I was rather surprised to see it.

Not sure if the swapping of vehicles is a rare occurence or not, I just know that I've only seen E8 at this station (8 on Melvin) in the past couple of years. One of the DC's (can't recall which) has also been at the station a lot more than in the past few years. For a long time it seemed to be just E8 there.

Anyway once again apologies for any incorrect info here, I honestly don't know how the Fire/EMS stuff works, I just take note of what I see.

Please excuse me for my possibly noob reply but P9 swapped places with E8 for a bit this week, I was rather surprised to see it.

Not sure if the swapping of vehicles is a rare occurence or not, I just know that I've only seen E8 at this station (8 on Melvin) in the past couple of years. One of the DC's (can't recall which) has also been at the station a lot more than in the past few years. For a long time it seemed to be just E8 there.

Anyway once again apologies for any incorrect info here, I honestly don't know how the Fire/EMS stuff works, I just take note of what I see.

If they go for a maintanance check up or repair they are sent another vehicle to replace it.

I noticed Hamilton Police Service has new 2009 Ford Crown Vics. The one I saw had the number of "711". Normally the fleet numbers start with either 1-2- or 3 because of the stations. But, why "7" for these ones? Yes I know it was brand new because it had the new "Flex Fuel" logo on the back and was shiny and had a brand new siren.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton Police Service has a new "Summons Server" car replacing the older Ford Taurus. Guess what it is? A silvery gray 2009 Toyota Camry HYBRID and it has all the Hamilton Police Service Decals on it, it think the number is 190? SEXY...

Police Cruiser 724 recently entered service, I wonder how many more are being replaced?

New spare pumps P40 (ex P66) & P43 (ex P9)

img7230.jpg

Also in this picture is ex P6 to become P9 this week and two of the new pumper tankers TK24 & TK25

img7231.jpg

Back of new TK14 (with L21). That is hundreds of reflective dots! This is the only way they can do it on checker plate.

img7232l.jpg

New spare pump P45 (ex P7)

img7233i.jpg

They have ordered 4 Ford Excursion's for DC1, DC2, DC3 & FS4. They look like this.

rescue1961ds.jpg

Visit to the mechanical devision last night, have lots of pictures but cant put them on my computer because I cant find the adaptor! Anyways..

There were three tankers there, TK 14 and the two new ones. There was also the old yellow Freightliner pumper, (P60?) sitting in the corner.

One question, when going to take the pictures can I go on their property? When I took mine I went into Central Park, and took them. And Hamilton, do you work there?

Chris :(

So now there are more of the Demers, heres an updated list: 2216, 2218, 2222, 2232, 2233, 2244, are there anymore I dont know about?