Orangeville Transit

G.A

11 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Did Orangeville Transit take delivery of their E200 which was ordered last year?

I was there today and have not seen it. Today was a white IC bus, a schoolie and a Vicinity. I would assume the white IC will be used as a spare bus for the time being.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, sdgta2008 said:

Any word on the E200 order..?  I hope it didn't get cancelled.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:05 PM, Chris W said:

It's on its way.

According to an article, it should be there this month. A new terminal is also in the works.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Wiki question:

There's a new entry for the addition of 201901 to the fleet, however, there is also a past entry for the same type of vehicle "TBD" listed for receipt in 2018.

Same vehicle, or another one?

Not sure if an oversight, want to ask before correcting.

--- D

They did take delivery of an Alexander Dennis Enviro200 last week. Would likely be numbered 201901.

That's what I had said.

In the "active" roster, 201901 is listed as an active coach now.

In the "on order" roster, there's a listing "TBD", and am asking if this is the same bus.  The line shows a 2018 bus, and am questioning if it is an additional bus that hasn't been delivered, or if it's the same coach.

It's duplicitous and should be removed if the "on order" status is not correct anymore.

(Asking for clarity, since I don't know much of the goings on, other than what I read.  I like to keep abreast of the rosters over the border, since I'm in Buffalo).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, MCI102A3 said:

They don't have the fleet capable of leasing out. Their fleet doesn't even run half the time as it is.

10 hours ago, MCI102A3 said:

Maybe they'd rent a few from a leasing company to make up for the shortfall? I know that place in Mississauga has some Eldorados available, along with some D40LFs, the latter of which I would i'd imagine are too big for Dufferin County.

I don’t think ElDorados are available from Miway, D40LF’s could be a possibility if they were just doing runs between Shelburne and Orangeville

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm really not sure what's happening with Orangeville Transit but the town is looking into Uber public transport services, but the taskforce doesn't want it for commuting. It's a bit of a mess because they're also trying to find a terminal and are buying new buses.

I think things will probably stay the same for now.

• 2 months later...

Update, Orangeville Council has finished their review of the transit service and has decided to keep busses. A 4th route will be added to service the northwestern part of the town and the bus station is moving to Broadway between John and First streets. Of course the BIA is complaining about this move mainly because 11 parking spots will be eliminated but also because I beleive that they think the bus is just for poors and want nothing to do with it. Regardless Orangeville Transit is improving which is good for a city of this size.

Source: https://www.orangeville.com/news-story/9957887-orangeville-transit-gets-new-downtown-terminal-in-expanded-4-route-system-to-address-unserviced-part-of-town/

https://www.orangeville.com/news-story/9984107--appalling-lack-of-concern-orangeville-moving-transit-shelter-downtown-but-broadway-businesses-say-nobody-told-them/

Edit: If you want to read more about the complaining -> http://citizen.on.ca/?p=17656 To sumarize people think that having 4 busses stop in an area where they already stop will somehow lead to mass pedestrian death. 

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

According to a report on next weeks council agenda, Orangeville Transit is proposing to transition to a hybrid model of fixed routes and on demand service, using existing town buses. Two fixed routes will operate, in addition to an on-demand service. Orangeville has long planned to expand from three to four routes to cover new developments within the town, however the report indicates procuring additional buses will take 12-14 months and are proposing this service model as a way to quickly increase coverage without a need for additional buses. Although it is indicated as a 'pilot' project, given the success of on-demand service in other towns/cities it would not surprise me to see it become permanent and even expanded. 

https://pub-orangeville.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=2218

Also, it looks like design and construction on the long delayed transit terminal will finally go ahead. The proposed location is the Edelbrock Centre which is loacted off Centre Street, south of Broadway.

https://pub-orangeville.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=2228