Orangeville Transit

G.A

1 hour ago, Silly Tilley said:

Orangeville will be receiving 1 30' Grande West Vicinity in December 2016 after the tender results. Staff report recommends award to Grande West Transportation.

Grand West Transportation (Vicinity) - $382,850. 2016 model bus with December 2016 delivery date.

Girardin (New Flyer distributor) - $395,419. 2015 model bus with October 2016 delivery date.

http://orangeville.ca/get-file/4170 pages 69 and 70.

MUST BE Vicinity again but not Midi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT FINE!

For only $10000 more you get a Canadian built, local content bus instead of a cheap Chinese product with no Canadian content, people in Orangeville doesn't know how to do the math?

43 minutes ago, Cimon8000 said:

MUST BE Vicinity again but not Midi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT FINE!

For only $10000 more you get a Canadian built, local content bus instead of a cheap Chinese product with no Canadian content, people in Orangeville doesn't know how to do the math?

The Midi is built in the US at the St. Cloud plant. In fact, if you read the report linked it lists the percentage of Canadian content for each. The Vicinity had 21.1% Canadian content while the Girardin submission (most likely the Midi) only had 8% Canadian content. Note that Canadian content is not just strictly labour to build the bus, it also counts as components and material used in the bus.

• Like 2

Just now, Silly Tilley said:

The Midi is built in the US at the St. Cloud plant. In fact, if you read the report linked it lists the percentage of Canadian content for each. The Vicinity had 21.1% Canadian content while the Girardin submission (most likely the Midi) only had 8% Canadian content. Note that Canadian content is not just strictly labour to build the bus, it also counts as components and material used in the bus.

Yup just read it thank you for pointing that out~~ very surprised about the fact that the Vicinity had more Canadian content than the Midi, as the bus is completely built up in China, unless some components like A/C are shipped from Canada to China to do the assembly....................

anyway it's still NOT FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 900 Highway 2 said:

From my understanding, Durham Region Transit will be selling our 8975-76 this year. if they are looking for a used bus maybe they could take one of ours.

whoops didnt see the post about the vicinity, nevermind

DRT selling their Eldorado already?!?!!?!

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

The Vicinity bus is being delivered this week and will be on display this Saturday (December 3) from 9 to 11am in front of city hall as part of Orangeville Transit's 25th anniversary celebration.

There will be 2 more Vicinity buses purchased in 2017.

http://orangeville.ca/news/2016/11/29/orangeville-transit-celebrates-25-years

I'm glad to see that they're going to expand their service hours.  All that's missing now is GO service on Saturdays.

3 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

I'm glad to see that they're going to expand their service hours.  All that's missing now is GO service on Saturdays.

GO Service on Saturdays would be nice. I see this will be where I have the last trip until February March.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tender for the 2 30' has been awarded to Grande West Transportation. They were the only bidders on the tender.

Their bid for the 2 buses is $800,000 as follows - 

Bus 1: 30' model demonstrator, delivery August 2017. $374,300

Bus 2: 30' model new bus, delivery early-mid 2018. $425,700

Orangeville is also joining the Metrolinx TPI (consortium). Note that this does not neccesarily mean they will purchase anything using it, at least not at this point. 

Link

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Tender for the 2 30' has been awarded to Grande West Transportation. They were the only bidders on the tender.

Orangeville is also joining the Metrolinx TPI (consortium). Note that this does not neccesarily mean they will purchase anything using it, at least not at this point. 

Link

Is Grande West now involved with the consortium or is it still Eldorado...?

34 minutes ago, sdgta2008 said:

Is Grande West now involved with the consortium or is it still Eldorado...?

The current contract awarded by the consortium was for 2015-2017. Orangeville will be joining for the next round, which will cover purchases in 2018 and beyond. That contract has not yet been tendered, let alone awarded, so we don't know who will win it.

Last contract there were no medium-duty buses, so neither ElDorado nor Grande West were involved. The Vicinity buses that were delivered in this time period to consortium agencies (namely Oakville and soon Burlington) were separate tenders unrelated to the consortium.

6 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Link

Wow shocked New Flyer did not at least try and bid with the MiDi

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Guess to answer my own question, The other Vicinity has arrived and is currently not numbered.

To elaborate further, it is the demonstrator unit that ran temporarily with Airdrie Transit after 3717 was resold to Grande West. It's a 2015 model. Knowing the numbering scheme, I'm guessing it will be numbered either 201501 or 201602. Of course, we won't know that for sure until they place a fleet number on it.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 12:58 AM, Chris W said:

To elaborate further, it is the demonstrator unit that ran temporarily with Airdrie Transit after 3717 was resold to Grande West. It's a 2015 model. Knowing the numbering scheme, I'm guessing it will be numbered either 201501 or 201602. Of course, we won't know that for sure until they place a fleet number on it.

The ex-Airdrie Transit's one has been refurbished and sold to Transit Cape Breton, and yes the 2nd Vicinity of Orangeville has arrived, running all white without any fleet number now

32 minutes ago, Cimon8000 said:

The ex-Airdrie Transit's one has been refurbished and sold to Transit Cape Breton, and yes the 2nd Vicinity of Orangeville has arrived, running all white without any fleet number now

To my knowledge, the original 27.5ft unit delivered to Airdrie Transit (3717) was returned to Grande West, refurbished, and resold to Transit Cape Breton. However, Airdrie received a 30ft demonstrator to use while their original unit was returned to Grande West for diagnosis. This second bus is the one that would have been sold to Orangeville.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Orangeville is proposing to relocate their existing transfer point at 4th and Broadway to the Edelbrock Centre on Centre Street just south of Broadway which is a few minutes west of the existing transfer point. The new terminal will help with scheduling challenges on existing routes and provide more room for the 30' buses as well as the planned 4th bus route in the future. 

There is also going to be a contest to design a new logo for Orangeville Transit. Maybe we will finally see some sort of livery on the Vicinity buses.

There is a 3rd Vicinity bus (new build, not a demonstrator) that is to be delivered within the next few months.

https://www.orangeville.ca/assets/files/mediahandler/documents/p1c7hebgdhkh31s82qso1md9mp4.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Silly Tilley said:

Orangeville is proposing to relocate their existing transfer point at 4th and Broadway to the Edelbrock Centre on Centre Street just south of Broadway which is a few minutes west of the existing transfer point. The new terminal will help with scheduling challenges on existing routes and provide more room for the 30' buses as well as the planned 4th bus route in the future. 

There is also going to be a contest to design a new logo for Orangeville Transit. Maybe we will finally see some sort of livery on the Vicinity buses.

There is a 3rd Vicinity bus (new build, not a demonstrator) that is to be delivered within the next few months.

https://www.orangeville.ca/assets/files/mediahandler/documents/p1c7hebgdhkh31s82qso1md9mp4.pdf

That is perfect. A livery hopefully. Would you happen to know the number of the second unit? The last photo i seen of it had no number. I would also assume another tender would go out for another 30 foot bus this year.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

201801 formally 201603 was the only Vicinity out in service. The driver was saying that it is the best out of the three. It also looks like that all the cutaways have been retired from service as this is my second trip here and school buses were out. As Ryan posted on a group, 201801 has the new logos but no livery.

20180801_172338~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Did Orangeville Transit take delivery of their E200 which was ordered last year?

I was there today and have not seen it. Today was a white IC bus, a schoolie and a Vicinity. I would assume the white IC will be used as a spare bus for the time being.