BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

• 1 month later...

9759 was transferred up here and hasn't as yet put in a full day's service. Plagued with interlock problems, it remains bagged in the back corner of the lot.

8082, 8086, 8047 were all hauled away. 8072 remains on the lot but no plates. Not sure if they plan to do something with it or not. It was actually a good bus the last time I drove it. Not sure what is happening.

We are running out of buses here fast!!! Everyday 2 or 3 runs on the sheet that don't have assigned equipment to go to work.

I haven't heard word one out of Kamloops on how they are doing. I imagine they are. Disappointed that Kelowna hasn't followed suit. After all, we had the Hybrid's first. Then Victoria decided to take them away. Would like to see some CNG here, but I am pretty sure as we have outgrown our current facility that nothing new will come here until we get a new building. Half of our yard is built on planned roadway corridor.

• 2 months later...

Is that a statement or a question?

Oh I worded that wrong, my bad..

8038 is still running in kelowna.

Thats good to hear. I remember when it was in Abby back in 2014 during its stint here. It had the power in it, as I remember riding it on the freeway going 80km plus. Too bad I won't be able to ride it unless I come out there one day, as I remember 8035 and 8036 as well, but they were sadly retired :(

Axion bought out Balios I believe. We have a couple of 9700's that have axion controls and orange LED signs that oringally had flipdot Luminator's. 9715, 9722, 9748, and 8039.

Balios signs can have Axion control panels, like some of my 9700's in Abby. All of my 9700's in Abby were all retrofitted with either Axion or Balios, and yes they were bought out by Axion..

• 2 weeks later...

All of our 9800's went through their mid life refit or whatever it's called at big rig in Calgary. They are all pretty nice now. But for some reason a couple of them went to Kamloops and we got Novas.

I am going to miss the flyers when they are gone. Novas have a nice ride on the highway but I much prefer the flyers for in town stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...