BCT-3122-D800-10240

BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

Now the City Council needs to stop approving developments that sprawl further and further outward and make transit totally non-viable.

Like thats ever gonna happen LOL! Kelowna and most parts of the Okanagan have no choice to go but out. Going up (high rises) are ideas that constantly get shot down.

Some notes,

Saw 9517 running a 21, moved back to Kelowna from Victoria earlier this year

8078 has rejoined 8080-8082 and 8072 - wondering if 8086 ended up here as well.

9890 is still here, and I think it's been reported somewhere that 9887 has returned to Victoria

It looks like 9236-9244 and 9244 are the 2007 Novas in the new paint scheme, although I might be off by a number or two at the lower end of the series, but 9232-9235 are definitely still old scheme.

Only one high floor bus remains - 602, presumably retired, parked out at the very back. No sign of 603, the Classic, or any of the ex-Nelson Orions.

Next to 602 is fire victim 9711 with the charred out back end. Looks bad, but not beyond repair.

9287 was also parked next to 602 and 9711 but there were no visible signs of any damage (the yard is over capacity, so probably just nowhere else to park it)

Yesterday at about 3:30 pm, I spotted 9748 being driven westbound on Hwy 1 near 200 St in Langley. At first I thought I was looking at an Abbotsford bus that had gotten lost, until I realized 9748 was a Kelowna bus. I can't say for sure where I think it was headed, my first instinct would be Victoria but I only just realized now that if that were the case, the driver would have taken the 232 St exit and Hwy 10 to Tsawwassen. Perhaps he was headed to Horseshoe Bay and then Nanaimo?

Yesterday at about 3:30 pm, I spotted 9748 being driven westbound on Hwy 1 near 200 St in Langley. At first I thought I was looking at an Abbotsford bus that had gotten lost, until I realized 9748 was a Kelowna bus. I can't say for sure where I think it was headed, my first instinct would be Victoria but I only just realized now that if that were the case, the driver would have taken the 232 St exit and Hwy 10 to Tsawwassen. Perhaps he was headed to Horseshoe Bay and then Nanaimo?

I'll keep an eye out for it in Vic. There's more than one way to get to Tsawwassen from Hwy one (200th street > 80th ave > 176th/hwy 15 > Number 10 is my preferred route).

I'll keep an eye out for it in Vic. There's more than one way to get to Tsawwassen from Hwy one (200th street > 80th ave > 176th/hwy 15 > Number 10 is my preferred route).

Anything going to Vic from the interior goes via 232nd and Hwy 10. It's the most direct.

80th also has weight restrictions, might get a bit hairy in a bus IMO

Chris Cassidy

Remember too that buses technically have to adhere to truck routes. I highly doubt 80 Ave is a truck route. I personally have a special dislike for Hwy 10, but if you're travelling between the Tsawwassen ferries and Langley/Hwy 1, there's really no alternate route that wouldn't take you out of your way.

I think it's more likely the bus was heading to Nanaimo, or maybe even somewhere else up island. 9746-48 were Comox buses some years ago, and at least one of them was still wearing Comox decals a year or two ago.

Does anyone have a fleet # on that

Around a month ago now, Kelowna has added 2 additional buses to deal with overcrowding issues. It's only mentioned that were from the contingency. While it's entirely possible Classics have been sent up - ie until some '92's are freed up - I'm tempted to guess that they would be low-floors as it seems like somewhat of a long-term assignment (the next year or two at least, with additional double deckers potentially being even farther off). Are the Classics lease-free now? The cost for the 2 that were moved in is $132,000/yr.

With 8001, 8005-8007, 8009 stored in Victoria still, I am wondering if 8002 and 8004 were moved in from Abby now that the 9800 refurb program is complete? Anyone in the area noticed anything new?

http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDFs/C...20Overloads.pdf

http://ubcokanaganrealestate.blogspot.com/...rvice-from.html

Around a month ago now, Kelowna has added 2 additional buses to deal with overcrowding issues. It's only mentioned that were from the contingency. While it's entirely possible Classics have been sent up - ie until some '92's are freed up - I'm tempted to guess that they would be low-floors as it seems like somewhat of a long-term assignment (the next year or two at least, with additional double deckers potentially being even farther off). Are the Classics lease-free now? The cost for the 2 that were moved in is $132,000/yr.

With 8001, 8005-8007, 8009 stored in Victoria still, I am wondering if 8002 and 8004 were moved in from Abby now that the 9800 refurb program is complete? Anyone in the area noticed anything new?

http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDFs/C...20Overloads.pdf

http://ubcokanaganrealestate.blogspot.com/...rvice-from.html

9854 was at Berk's, but was moved recently. 8006 has moved from ltc to somewhere. Can't confirm that either went, but those are possibilities.

Looks like the fare will be going up 25 cents come January 1st, from $2.00 to $2.25 for adults and $1.75 to $2.00 for students/seniors. Gonna be interesting how we (Vernon) figure out what to do with the extra 50 cent top up fee for the 90 NOC, is the 50 cent top up still required or just another 25 cents to make up the $2.50 fare.

9878 is now in Calgary at Big Rig Colision for refurbishing. This is probably the last time this bus will be seen in the red and blue stripe livery that it was delivered in! Pix attached:

9878 is a fine coach. and since they refurbished it, it is that much better. I like the Flyers in the new colours.

I have added this to my home page tab. Good discussion here. I will try to remember to visit more regularly.

We got 4 of the 6v92t powered D40's here in Kelowna. 8004, 8009, 8025 and 8028.

3 of the Whistler Novas have arrived as well 9319, 9321, 9322.

Take 9711 off the roster, she went up in smoke last year. And maybe 9748. Dropped it's transmission onto the deck of the Okanagan Lake Floating Bridge last night. Losts of damage to it, the engine and the engine compartment. We venture a guess that the low trans light on the dash now refers to the height of the transmission off the ground. :D Usually when we call it in to the shop, we are told to note it on the card and carry on.

Forgot to mention. 0227 and 0228 have been gone for a while. 104 and 105 are gone somewhere but might be coming back. That leaves us with 101-104, and 107 currently for English tin cans.

8066, 8072, 8078, 8082 have also been added. 78 and 82 coming back to us from Victoria. 8066 we got in exchange from Kamloops for 8080. Not sure why they did that.

Think I have all the bases covered now.

Take 9711 off the roster, she went up in smoke last year. And maybe 9748. Dropped it's transmission onto the deck of the Okanagan Lake Floating Bridge last night. Losts of damage to it, the engine and the engine compartment. We venture a guess that the low trans light on the dash now refers to the height of the transmission off the ground. :D Usually when we call it in to the shop, we are told to note it on the card and carry on.

Alright! Nice to know where they've gone... I'll update the Victoria wiki when I get the chance.

Actually - those are Victoria T-Drive Novas. 9319 and 9321 were in Whistler in 2011, but 9322 never left Victoria until now.

Nice, thank you for the updates!

Interesting that 8028 has finally returned home to where she operated when she was brand new!

Thought we were missing a few down here in vic......

Is 9711 gone for good, for sure??

I am pretty sure. They have been picking at her corpse for parts since about 3 weeks after the fire. It is still sitting in the back of the expansion lot with 602.

I am pretty sure. They have been picking at her corpse for parts since about 3 weeks after the fire. It is still sitting in the back of the expansion lot with 602.

OH MY! 602 has not been scrapped! Oh my! I remember riding that bus when she was brand new when I was living in Victoria in 1990!!

It is no longer in service here. 603 was scrapped, but 602 still sits out there. Not sure what their plans for it are. We still had an Orion in our lot serving as a storage locker up until a couple of years ago.

That fire happened over a year ago... don't know why it's still sitting around, regardless of whether the plan is to fix it or scrap it.