BCT-3122-D800-10240

BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

17 hours ago, Orion6784 said:

Looks to me that 2538 has spent it's last day in service. Hopefully the old man is okay. 

I hope so too. Seeing as the bus was 6 years old (2014), it was likely due to retire soon anyhow. 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, Matt Dunlop said:

2538 Arboc HandyDART unit was T-Boned. Driver shaken up, lone passenger was unconscious. https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/306830/BC-Transit-investigating?fbclid=IwAR1ooS1OQI9a88J723nBh3nEV0focMXDdhT8-GBA71l5jllabuqilfsnHN8

I spent the evening with the driver.  They are ok.  And the passenger will be fine.  It was a nasty crash and we are glad that the driver and his passenger are OK.  The drive of the UHaul is being charged.

3 hours ago, dzldriver said:

I spent the evening with the driver.  They are ok.  And the passenger will be fine.  It was a nasty crash and we are glad that the driver and his passenger are OK.  The drive of the UHaul is being charged.

Glad the driver and passenger are ok and that the other driver is getting charged. I'm sure the bus is DONE. 
Out of curiousity, are Kelowna's HandyDart drivers the same as Transit (First)? Only asking because Victoria Transit and HandyDart have different drivers. 

• Like 1

Saw a news story regarding face coverings being required on Kelowna Transit buses and noticed 6017 has a driver shield. Do all of the "newer" 6000 series Novas have shields in Kelowna? 

6 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Saw a news story regarding face coverings being required on Kelowna Transit buses and noticed 6017 has a driver shield. Do all of the "newer" 6000 series Novas have shields in Kelowna? 

At this point every bus in Kelowna should have a shield. They were one of the first systems to have it done after Victoria

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iron said:

after Victoria

I've only ever ridden one bus with a proper driver door in Victoria, personally, and I use roughly one bus a day on average. They aren't that widespread yet here.

2 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

I've only ever ridden one bus with a proper driver door in Victoria, personally, and I use roughly one bus a day on average. They aren't that widespread yet here.

All the Vicinity's and XN40s (Natural Gas Flyers) have them. A few (around 10%) Nova's have them. I have seen 2 deckers (9501 and 9510) with them. I'd say about 40% of the fleet has driver doors. 

8 hours ago, Iron said:

At this point every bus in Kelowna should have a shield. They were one of the first systems to have it done after Victoria

I guess Novas for that matter. The Flyers (if Kelowna has any left) Arbocs and Vicinitys wouldn't. 

4 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

All the Vicinity's and XN40s (Natural Gas Flyers) have them. A few (around 10%) Nova's have them. I have seen 2 deckers (9501 and 9510) with them. I'd say about 40% of the fleet has driver doors. 

I guess Novas for that matter. The Flyers (if Kelowna has any left) Arbocs and Vicinitys wouldn't. 

I've never been on a Vicinity or an XN40, weirdly enough, despite taking the bus for work this year and also riding for fun a bit in the months prior to lockdown. They just don't see service very often over in Gordon Head/Saanich. The only one I've been on with a door was an older Nova.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:27 AM, Matt Dunlop said:

The Vicinitys definitely do. https://twitter.com/BCTransit/status/1271193013549772801?s=20