BCT-3122-D800-10240

BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

Today I went to document the Kelowna Yard.  I was able to get a good Vantage Point from a Cemetery situated on a Large Hill above the yard, saw 9750 but unfortunately looked like it was heading into the garage for maintenance :(  

On the other hand, saw a few D40LF parked at one side of the yard with 8114 from the ground in Active Tracks by the looks of it.  And the rest I would've saw from the hill, bunch of Novas, some 9700s & a couple Deckers.

Some interesting goings on in Kelowna here in the last little while.  We were sent 3 D40LF from Nanaimo.  9727, 9729, 9736.  Two of them have already had plates taken off after only being in service here a short time and are now being scavenged for parts.  27 and 29.  

The other day, 9528 showed up here.  I am to understand that this is a decker with an ISL9 Cummins engine in it.  It hasn't gone into service here yet.

8038 has left the property and I am to understand officially reitred.

I haven't had a chance to even think about looking at updating the wiki on this yet. 

18 minutes ago, dzldriver said:

Some interesting goings on in Kelowna here in the last little while.  We were sent 3 D40LF from Nanaimo.  9727, 9729, 9736.  Two of them have already had plates taken off after only being in service here a short time and are now being scavenged for parts.  27 and 29.  

The other day, 9528 showed up here.  I am to understand that this is a decker with an ISL9 Cummins engine in it.  It hasn't gone into service here yet.

8038 has left the property and I am to understand officially reitred.

I haven't had a chance to even think about looking at updating the wiki on this yet. 

9528 was sitting at LTC (Langford depot) for a few months in "Dead Row". Who knows. Maybe there's a plan to trade that bus for one of Kelowna's existing deckers? 

9528 is actually a 2007 Enviro500 with a Cummins EPA 2010 Diesel in it. It was an Alexander Dennis demo but BC Transit bought it about 4 years ago. It used to have reclining seats with footrests upstairs, however the reclining capability and footrests were removed early this year, possibly due to vandalism. Oh, it's also one of the few buses with an Allison B500R 6-speed tranny.

I've attached a photo of it from when it arrived in Victoria, back in January 2013. 

9528_ccr.jpg

On 6/18/2017 at 12:10 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

9528 was sitting at LTC (Langford depot) for a few months in "Dead Row". Who knows. Maybe there's a plan to trade that bus for one of Kelowna's existing deckers? 

9528 is actually a 2007 Enviro500 with a Cummins EPA 2010 Diesel in it. It was an Alexander Dennis demo but BC Transit bought it about 4 years ago. It used to have reclining seats with footrests upstairs, however the reclining capability and footrests were removed early this year, possibly due to vandalism. Oh, it's also one of the few buses with an Allison B500R 6-speed tranny.

I've attached a photo of it from when it arrived in Victoria, back in January 2013. 

9528_ccr.jpg

Just wondering if 9528 went in service in Kelowna or not?  Thank you

9528  never did see revenue service in Kelowna that I am aware of.  And I am not 100% sure of the resaon why.  

Just before Christmas though a whole whack of new Novas started showing up here in Kelowna. and with that the departure of quite a few of the 9700's.  We have only a few of our 9800's and oddly enough 8084 still on the road.  A couple of 9700's still exist, although I am not 100% sure which ones.  My shift has me in the yard after most buses have left the yard, and I'm done before most of them return.  

The new Novas start at 6013 and highest number I have been at this point is 6027.  

6013 is the test bus with the shield for the driver in it which is proving to be quite a useless addition.

When I have some time, I will see if I can get an update from our shop and update the wiki.

6 hours ago, dzldriver said:

6013 is the test bus with the shield for the driver in it which is proving to be quite a useless addition.

When I have some time, I will see if I can get an update from our shop and update the wiki.

If I spot 6013 while I'm sitting at UBCO, I'll need to take a look at the shield. 

The wiki is updated as far as numbers go. I did that myself after being told where each new Nova was being assigned. https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/BC_Transit_6000-6029

Hey gang:

We have also started to receive a bunch of other buses that were originally sent to Victoria.  6006, 6007, 6008, 6009.  9350, 51, 9400, 9401, 9402 have all shown up here.  The deckers are all gone except for one.  9519 remains here with some engine issues and as I understand it, they pla to drive it to Victoria.  I haven't had time to even think about updating the wiki, but thank you to Iron for doing so. 

• Like 1

I have just returned from a short trip to Kelowna and I saw a few busses that were not marked as assigned to Kelowna according to the wiki. 

I saw 9246 running a 97 (according to the wiki it is assigned to Prince George)

I also saw 2438 as a Handy Dart (according to the wiki this unit is assigned to the Central Fraser Valley)

16 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I have just returned from a shirt trip to kelowna and I saw a few busses that were not marked as assigned to kelowna according to the wiki. 

I saw 9246 running a 97 (according to the wiki it is assigned to Prince George)

I also saw 2438 as a handy dart (according to the wiki this unit is assigned to the Centeal Fraser Valley)

Added those two units to Kelowna's roster, and updated the two fleet pages.

There's been a lot of movements caused by new buses and retirements over the past year... would be great to get an updated fleet roster for BC Transit.

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

Added those two units to Kelowna's roster, and updated the two fleet pages.

There's been a lot of movements caused by new buses and retirements over the past year... would be great to get an updated fleet roster for BC Transit.

9247 seems to have been transferred  to Kelowna according to Nextride

IMG_0552.thumb.PNG.b0736233ca9bf7af083b3b8a293e0a58.PNG

Edited by Thomasw
It's now on the 97
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, dzldriver said:

Hey guys.  Thanks @Matt Dunlop for updating things.  I have been so busy I haven't had time to even think about updating. \

We have 9246,47,48 here in Kelowna now. 

Just saw 9734 out in Victoria today, wasn't it originally a Kelowna unit? 

1 hour ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I think 9734 was originally from Nanaimo. Kelowna’s original 1996’s i believe are 9708-9722?

20 minutes ago, T.Hickinaly said:

Fleet numbers in the 3000s have been coming up in Kelowna such as 3011.  

Anyone have ideas what buses these are?  Ive just seen them on Nextride. 

3007 and 3011-3012 are 2013 Grade West Vicinity 27.5’

59 minutes ago, T.Hickinaly said:

Fleet numbers in the 3000s have been coming up in Kelowna such as 3011.  

Anyone have ideas what buses these are?  Ive just seen them on Nextride. 

Vicinity buses. Kelowna has 27.5 footers (3000s) and a 35-footer (4403) 

On 1/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

9734 was not a Kelowna unit. 

• Like 1