BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

17 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Victoria possibly, since it has NextRide installed. 

BTW, does the "screen" for the NextRide system block the stop requested sign on your Novas too? 

Only on the 92 and 9300's.  the 6000's it would appear have a deeper panel and the sign doesn't quite cover it.  I will take some pictures when I have a moment and show you. 

48 minutes ago, dzldriver said:

Only on the 92 and 9300's.  the 6000's it would appear have a deeper panel and the sign doesn't quite cover it.  I will take some pictures when I have a moment and show you. 

Interesting. It blocks the stop request sign on all of our 9333-9433 third gen Novas, as well as our older double deckers (Tridents). Seems after 9435 and newer there is a space above the stop request sign. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 10:40 PM, SidneyTransitfan said:

9749 definitely doesn't. Don't know about the other two as I didn't get to ride them.

We only have 4 Kelowna Flyers left.  9749, 9840, 9878, 9872.  None of them have NextRide installed.  

9400 did come back.  Not sure where it was.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

The driver more than likely got fired for it. I don't think the union is gonna be of any help on that one.

They can't just fire a person that admits they have a problem.  Human rights case beyond their eildest dreams if they did.

22 minutes ago, dzldriver said:

They can't just fire a person that admits they have a problem.  Human rights case beyond their eildest dreams if they did. 

Bus driver lost their license for drunk driving. Got charged with it too. That's grounds for termination right there. Would you wanna be driven around by a drunk driver? I don't.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 5:58 AM, dzldriver said:

If the driver is convicted, then thats a criminal offence and grounds for termination.  

There are is also a lot more to the BC Human Rights Code in regards to substance abuse and job termination, but this is not the place to debate that.

My personal opinion is that anyone convicted of operating a bus under impairment should receive automatic jail time, regardless of their "substance dependency".

Its been a busy 2020 for KRT:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/295983/RCMP-have-laid-charges-after-a-bus-driver-was-assaulted

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/279613/Kelowna-transit-bus-crashes-into-fourplex

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/276835/A-city-transit-bus-was-involved-in-three-car-collision

• Like 1

This year has been nuts in Kelowna.  You are right about that 9924.  I can't believe some of the stuff that we have faced.  

But really, two of the stories above were not the driver's fault.  The other one was the driver trying to protect himself and the public.  Just seems that Kelowna is a hot bed for media attention about bus stuff.  This stuff happens everywhere else, but it's so commonplace that nobody takes notice of it.  Including the media.

1 hour ago, dzldriver said:

This year has been nuts in Kelowna.  You are right about that 9924.  I can't believe some of the stuff that we have faced.  

But really, two of the stories above were not the driver's fault.  The other one was the driver trying to protect himself and the public.  Just seems that Kelowna is a hot bed for media attention about bus stuff.  This stuff happens everywhere else, but it's so commonplace that nobody takes notice of it.  Including the media.

And the drunk driver ?‍♂️

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

2538 Arboc HandyDART unit was T-Boned. Driver shaken up, lone passenger was unconscious. https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/306830/BC-Transit-investigating?fbclid=IwAR1ooS1OQI9a88J723nBh3nEV0focMXDdhT8-GBA71l5jllabuqilfsnHN8

That's a nasty looking smash. No question of whose fault it was there...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

2538 Arboc HandyDART unit was T-Boned. Driver shaken up, lone passenger was unconscious. https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/306830/BC-Transit-investigating?fbclid=IwAR1ooS1OQI9a88J723nBh3nEV0focMXDdhT8-GBA71l5jllabuqilfsnHN8

Looks to me that 2538 has spent it's last day in service. Hopefully the old man is okay.