BC Transit - Kelowna Regional Transit System

We have never had a strike in Kelowna, but it very well could happen.  

On another note.  8038 was in the shop the other day to get it running again.  I have a feeling that a lack of equipment all over the place is forcing BCT to get these old buses fixed to keep service running. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys:

I am going to try to stay up to date on things here, but I am pretty busy with things here in Kelowna.  We have been on strike against First Canada in Kelowna since November 10th, and it doesn't look like the company has any interest in settling this dispute any time soon. 

Pray for us all and ask our union how you can get involved and help out.  www.atu1722.ca..

Have a good day all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dzldriver said:

We did get a couple of new buses in Kelowna. Well, the usual....new to us buses.  9750 and 8114 showed up.  Didn't remember to get a shot of 8114.

IMG_5384.JPG

Noooo, that bus was in Abby and I wasn't able to catch it LOL.  Maybe it's time for a road trip :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Has 8038 been retired yet? I am asking because BC Transit fleet page doesn't list 1994 D40LF anymore. 

That part of the wiki has been like that for a while....  As far as I know, 8038 is still running and 8041 still running in Nanaimo.  8038 was active as of November, so I don't think it's gone anywhere quite yet.  8038 and 8041 are the only 2 1994 D40LF left in the BCT fleet.

6 minutes ago, AbbyTransitFan said:

That part of the wiki has been like that for a while....  As far as I know, 8038 is still running and 8041 still running in Nanaimo.  8038 was active as of November, so I don't think it's gone anywhere quite yet.  8038 and 8041 are the only 2 1994 D40LF left in the BCT fleet.

Looking at a fleet roster from January 2017, 8038 is listed as Contingency while 8041 is not listed at all. So unless 8038 was retired in the past 60 days, it's still active while 8041 is not.

2 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Has 8038 been retired yet? I am asking because BC Transit fleet page doesn't list 1994 D40LF anymore. 

8038 is still active in Kelowna.  The poor old girl keeps thundering away.  

Day before yesterday, 9727, 9729 and 9736 showed up in Kelowna.  This must be the new buses that BC Transit promised us.  

9747 has been parked and deplated as it threw a rod through the side of the block.  9720 is dead but still plated with transmission issues. 

I haven't had a chance to update the wiki to reflect these changes, as I have had other things going on.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dzldriver said:

8038 is still active in Kelowna.  The poor old girl keeps thundering away.  

Day before yesterday, 9727, 9729 and 9736 showed up in Kelowna.  This must be the new buses that BC Transit promised us.  

9747 has been parked and deplated as it threw a rod through the side of the block.  9720 is dead but still plated with transmission issues. 

I haven't had a chance to update the wiki to reflect these changes, as I have had other things going on.  

8038 the immortal!  BCT's version of the immortal Translink 7115 :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2017 at 1:33 PM, AbbyTransitFan said:

8038 the immortal!  BCT's version of the immortal Translink 7115 :lol:

I wish I could say it was immortal Abby.  It has been retired and is sitting in the back corner of the Kelowna lot now.  Not sure what broke, but 80 and 97 Flyers as I understand it are on a no fix order.  9709, 9716, 9747 have all be deplated and hauled to the wreckers.  We got 9727, 9729, and 9736 sent to us for some unknown reason.  Apparently the buses we were supposed to receive at the end of March have now been pushed to the end of the year. :wacko: