Testing Session - Mississauga Transit

D4U

Hi , I was invited to attend 2 video simulated multiple choice tests of MT. Any brothers can share some experience and how do I perpare the tests. TKS :angry:

I'm invited there this Monday. The best advice I can give to you is think what the City of Mississauga / Mississauga Transit would do in a situation. We all have our ways of handling things differently but it's basically what "they" would do not what you would do. Good Luck. All the best!

I bet the test put a major emphasis on customer service. I did a online test when I applied for a position at MacDonald. majority of the questions were based on how you deal with customers. Keep one thing in mind. Customers are always right regardless whether you disagree or not.

That's one of them, but it's more what "9430" mentioned about it. There's also driving test based from the video as well.

I wish good luck to you all. We need more enthusiasts working there. It helps a lot when people have a passion for their job!

If only the politics doesn't come crashing down to your head if the work sucks!

I bet the test put a major emphasis on customer service. I did a online test when I applied for a position at MacDonald. majority of the questions were based on how you deal with customers. Keep one thing in mind. Customers are always right regardless whether you disagree or not.

Actually, customers are always right even when they're wrong and you're right.

Actually, customers are always right even when they're wrong and you're right.

So you're saying if a rider boards your bus and throws in a penny for a fare and you say "The fare is such and such dollars" but the rider says "No It's a penny" you're gonna say "Yes you're right it's a penny, Here's your transfer"?

So you're saying if a rider boards your bus and throws in a penny for a fare and you say "The fare is such and such dollars" but the rider says "No It's a penny" you're gonna say "Yes you're right it's a penny, Here's your transfer"?

If he's 6' 7, 290lbs? Damn straight. :) Look don't take it so literal will you? You are there to inform the people of the rules, not enforce them. Point is, you're never going to win an argument with a customer and they always have the last word. If you wanted to challenge everyone on a fare dispute, you would never move and there are some guys out there who only do it for that reason, so they can be out of service more than in it.

If he's 6' 7, 290lbs? Damn straight. :) Look don't take it so literal will you? You are there to inform the people of the rules, not enforce them. Point is, you're never going to win an argument with a customer and they always have the last word. If you wanted to challenge everyone on a fare dispute, you would never move and there are some guys out there who only do it for that reason, so they can be out of service more than in it.

Who says I'm taking it literal? All I'm doing is giving an example. Honestly I don't give a damn what you would do in a certain situation cause I have my ways just like you. I do agree with you however that we're out there to inform the rules not to enforce them. But sometimes you have to put your foot down and do what you're suppose to be doing which in this case is collecting a fare. What if there's some rowdy kids at the back of your bus causing shit like vandalism and upsetting other passengers, What would you do? What if someone got on the wrong bus or missed a stop and realized that they made a mistake when you reached your final destination and call it a day to go back to the garage, What would you do? What if someone in a wheelchair boarded your bus and insist that their wheelchair doesn't need to be secured properly, What would you do? There are other situations to consider when being a bus driver. Sometimes it's easy to handle and other times it's not. By the way be prepared for the test because the above questions will be on the test. Best of luck to all who's going. Mine will start in 2 hours from now.

i couldnt go...i have a out of province speeding conviction no demerit points but that speeding conviction so im stuck waiting 3 yrs :lol: im so upset about it...i wish that they would be alil leanent the fact i have no demerit points.... :'( well off to TTC i just looked and they say 0 to 1 conviction and 0 to 3 points is acceptable :P

i couldnt go...i have a out of province speeding conviction no demerit points but that speeding conviction so im stuck waiting 3 yrs :lol: im so upset about it...i wish that they would be alil leanent the fact i have no demerit points.... :'( well off to TTC i just looked and they say 0 to 1 conviction and 0 to 3 points is acceptable :P

Unfortunately, there are some transit are strict when it comes with demerit points. It's best to be clean at all times!

I had a speeding ticket 7 years ago, police gave me warning and no demerit points were put on. However that's disappear.

Well, go apply somewhere else for now and good luck.

For those here who have already done the test, and would like to share.. How did you all think you did? What's the next step from here? :D

I think I did well enough. The next step is wait....then wait....then wait some more while they mark the tests.

Then they will email the high marks first to come for information session. They have a project that they need completed. Riding MT so see and get apprication of what is involved in the operation MT style.

I think I did well enough. The next step is wait....then wait....then wait some more while they mark the tests.

Then they will email the high marks first to come for information session. They have a project that they need completed. Riding MT so see and get apprication of what is involved in the operation MT style.

Wait to mark the tests? Huh? How many they have to mark? At GO they gave the results in half an hour and there had to be at least a coupla hundred people there.

Each group a day Monday to Friday? I had a test this Monday. That means more than 400 people were invited for test. How many drivers MT wants to hire?

I am not sure my answers and have to wait for couple weeks. We will get our score before DEC12,2008. This my last chance to get transit job this year.Maybe TTC or Branpton Transit next year? It's now in recession.

Wait to mark the tests? Huh? How many they have to mark? At GO they gave the results in half an hour and there had to be at least a coupla hundred people there.

GO takes about 2 weeks for your result, all depending. You may have done the old testing in the old days.

Each group a day Monday to Friday? I had a test this Monday. That means more than 400 people were invited for test. How many drivers MT wants to hire?

I am not sure my answers and have to wait for couple weeks. We will get our score before DEC12,2008. This my last chance to get transit job this year.Maybe TTC or Branpton Transit next year? It's now in recession.

The purpose for the test is to do chopping block of applicants so they don't have to scan everything and going through all the interview.

They are looking for 100 for next year and the year after.

TTC is hiring for 2009. Brampton you'll have to wait till it's open, more likely in spring.