2009 Charter

M.Wright

48 members have voted

1. 1. What bus would you rather have as a charter?

• 89XX (1989 Classic)
    • 90XX (1990 D40)

9041 doesn't look bad at all. It looks good, not much rust that I could see, a pure black bumper with no white scuffs on it.

The white stuff is actually the original colour of the bumper. OC Transpo paints the bumper black to go with the livery, and sometimes (I assume) the paint goes away or something, and you see all this random white 'scuff'.

Point55. :)

The white stuff is actually the original colour of the bumper. OC Transpo paints the bumper black to go with the livery, and sometimes (I assume) the paint goes away or something, and you see all this random white 'scuff'.

I belive it was originally black, painted white when delivered. Once that, it fades.

The white bumpers may have looked good on the old stripe livery, but it sure doesn't suit the maple leaf which all D40s now have. (See 9211)

Though it does look pretty cool with the white bumper as not many of them have it, but it really doesn't suit the livery. Also I don't know of any 1990 D40s that got a all white front bumper.

The white bumpers may have looked good on the old stripe livery, but it sure doesn't suit the maple leaf which all D40s now have. (See 9211)

Though it does look pretty cool with the white bumper as not many of them have it, but it really doesn't suit the livery. Also I don't know of any 1990 D40s that got a all white front bumper.

white bumper may be the result of stocking too much bumper parts when D40 were brand new.

Please observe the following charter dates so that there is no conflict

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=7317

In that case, I should aim for the weekend before your may events, which in my case would be the 23rd and 24th as apparently hotel rates are very expensive during the tulip fest and that weekend is the only one left in May that doesn't have the Tulip Fest going on.

I guess you are claiming Victoria Day long weekend but wouldn't hotel rates be somewhat higher than usual anyway?

Yes the rates would be higher. Also I'm not sure if it would be possible to book on that wekend. Sonsidering its the long wekend here in Onmtario, there atre quite a few events going on that weekend(ot sure if the Tulup festivale is on then or not but if it is alot of drivers will be nooked for the Tulup shuttle, also the citty is usally crowed that wekend and getting here might be harder the usall more traffic as such

Damnit! Seems like I can't get away from high hotel rates no matter how hard I try, looks like I'll have to look into June for my charter.

Anything on the 6th or 7th?

Yes the rates would be higher. Also I'm not sure if it would be possible to book on that wekend. Sonsidering its the long wekend here in Onmtario, there atre quite a few events going on that weekend(ot sure if the Tulup festivale is on then or not but if it is alot of drivers will be nooked for the Tulup shuttle, also the citty is usally crowed that wekend and getting here might be harder the usall more traffic as such
I already checked the tulip fest dates, the Tulip Fest is going on from the 1st to the 18th, so Vic Weekend would just be a normal weekend.

Damnit! Seems like I can't get away from high hotel rates no matter how hard I try, looks like I'll have to look into June for my charter.

Anything on the 6th or 7th?

I already checked the tulip fest dates, the Tulip Fest is going on from the 1st to the 18th, so Vic Weekend would just be a normal weekend.

high schooler may have their final exam around that time period or soemthing.

I've been looking out and if it is the case that a 89 Classic is involved in the charter, I have extensively went over them and picked 8950as a recomendation. It is still in the stripe livery except for the fact the front is red. It still retains the original MCI crest on the front and also the engine is strong and the transmission shifts are proper.

Just my $0.02 :P

I've been looking out and if it is the case that a 89 Classic is involved in the charter, I have extensively went over them and picked 8950as a recomendation. It is still in the stripe livery except for the fact the front is red. It still retains the original MCI crest on the front and also the engine is strong and the transmission shifts are proper.

Just my $0.02 :P

That should be a back up bus..

I saw it 2 days ago, looks good but I think are first choice should be a striped one.

8937 isn't too bad.