Future GO suburbans.

Bentley

Interesting. I guess that's what the Van Hool rep at CUTA was talking about. To be honest I had a different image of the bus in my mind. I pictured it as a A300L with a raised section after the rear door, high back seats, and parcel racks.

"Since this bus is unlike any other bus ever manufactured, being part transit bus and part motor coach, direct comparisons are difficult"

Ummmmmmmmm is that such a good idea?

Thank you AC Transit for needlessly paying to reinvent a wheel that no one else will ever need.

Dan

Usually MCI Vehicles are seem as workhorses, and Vanhool is more associated with luxury....or gimmicks (if you look at Viva).

Didnt someone already try to build a 45ft Low floor bus? Was it NABI? Did they sell any?

Usually MCI Vehicles are seem as workhorses, and Vanhool is more associated with luxury....or gimmicks (if you look at Viva).

Didnt someone already try to build a 45ft Low floor bus? Was it NABI? Did they sell any?

Yes NABI built the 45C-LFW (now called Metro 45C). They originally sold over 100 before productioned stopped, however LA Metro asked for production to start again and has placed an order for 260 Metro 45Cs. New Jersey Transit has also expressed interest in the Metr 45C.

Some European manufacturers offer 45 ft low floor buses as well. One that comes to mind is Setra.

• 3 weeks later...
GO is quite dedicated to MCI, so I can't see them make the change until many many years from now. Even then, if GO changed buses, they would probably use a different MCI model.

Also, GO drivers/mechanics, from what I've been told, hate the Orion Vs anyways. :huh:

Its not that they're dedicated, MCI simply meets the requirements and offers the lowest price.

It was probably right before MCI locked GO into the current contract - which if I'm not mistaken, has another 3 years to go.

Dan

I may be mistaken but I remember dicussing it with the Bus Ops. Director and I thought he mentioned it had only another year to go, making for a 3 year contract.

I may be mistaken but I remember dicussing it with the Bus Ops. Director and I thought he mentioned it had only another year to go, making for a 3 year contract.

That may certainly be....I only heard about the discussions that were ongoing, and the word at the time was for a 5-year contract. I haven't heard anything since.

Dan

That may certainly be....I only heard about the discussions that were ongoing, and the word at the time was for a 5-year contract. I haven't heard anything since.

Dan

Standardizing the fleet should be a good thing. Too bad MCI doesn't have a coach configuration with a center door. Would that not be a better compromise? Much simpler, than buying a bus that doesn't exist and hasn't been tested?