The Hydrofoil

Promagstyle

• Board Admin
TurboJET service, which speeds passengers across the Pearl River Delta between Hong Kong and Macau in less than an hour, with an average speed of 45 knots (83km/h), mainly using Boeing's Jetfoil. Also services Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Kowloon. Operated by Shun Tak-China Travel Ship Management Limited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Fun to ride in a storm!

The strangest sensation is when the hull lifts off or drops back into the water.

Yes, it's strange... But this thing ridin' into a storm would IMMEDIATELY tip over, since it's a little more unstable than the common boats; the hydrofoil would SURELY tip over right on the first gale!

Here in Switzerland we have a quite similar boat, but the propulsion system is different: Hydrojet, have you ever heard about? what would be the propellers, is a mechanism that sucks water an then throws it with tons and tons of pressure. Sometimes they get to be much faster than common boats... This swiss hydrojet boat (1st photo) reaches a cruise speed between 50 km/h and 60 km/h. Not lying, I live in Switzerland, so I know how much they go. Some "samples":

In Switzerland (where I currently live):CGN_Ct1_high.jpg

The Mackinac hydrojet ferry (randomly found on Flickr...):880227605_b2c5986bc7_b.jpg