TTC Service Changes

7 minutes ago, Young said:

So I guess since they are taking 12 artics from the 41 and the 935 uses 12 buses, I assume they will put the 12 artics on the 935 I could be wrong tho

They'll move to 10 min headway if artics are placed on the 935. Considering how disastrous the 35/935 already operates, i can almost guarantee it'll be worst. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of the next board, the 55 Warren Park is supposed to operate out of Queensway. https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/20200105servicechanges_v2.pdf

Please stop cooking up number. Last time you already created false route numbers already. You can discuss possible express services without creating your own fantasy route numbers that can confused pe

You're not getting it.   About 70% of people who take the TTC on a daily basis have access to a car. That means that 70% of those people can easily consider an alternative.   Therefore you nee

Posted Images

On 12/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Express Network said:

Exactly, even the area on Mill Road between Rathburn and Markland Wood, Neilson and Richshaw has no direct bus service there at all since the 2A was axed. The 66 north of Bloor would've done a trial period since there's condos built on Prince Edward/Dundas and people are currently taking the 40A to get to Lambton-Kingsway JMS or Lambton Kingsway Park.

In the topic of trial periods, the TTC could

Even the 365 PARLIAMENT BLUE NIGHT is slated to be canned, why not have the TTC create the 372 PAPE BLUE NIGHT bus to serve the Waterfront communities? The route would follow the 72B except the Queen-Pape-Carlaw southbound routing to Cherry Street and continues to the 121A routing.

If they were to do that, the 22A could also be killed off on the weekends. Unless the TTC could extend the streetcar tracks beyond Bingham Loop to the Zoo.

The 2A had almost no ridership south of Rathburn. I used to ride it occasionally when I was a kid. Now that the 123F covers that southern stretch on the West Mall I think they have enough service in that area....adding buses to more underserviced routes are of a greater concern. 

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

stanleygreenmap.jpg

Will the Stanley Green route be a standalone one or will it run as a branch of say the 120 CALVINGTON?  I guess with all of the extra room at Wilson they could give it it's own route.  Makes getting to the Humber River Hospital a bit tricky on the way to Wilson Station with the left turn and making the necessary transfer.

15 minutes ago, Gil said:

Will the Stanley Green route be a standalone one or will it run as a branch of say the 120 CALVINGTON?  I guess with all of the extra room at Wilson they could give it it's own route.  Makes getting to the Humber River Hospital a bit tricky on the way to Wilson Station with the left turn and making the necessary transfer.

Either way they'll have to add a bus to the route. Unless the route also serves Ancaster Hill, it doesn't make sense to make it a branch of 120. Unlike the 123F which shares the same start and end terminal (which is still a bad choice IMO), there will be close to zero resemblance of the demand between this route and 120. They could route it south of Wilson, west and north onto Sir William Hearst Ave to Wilson but do people actually want to take a detour via the hospital on their to and from the subway?

• Like 1
On 12/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, Shemar said:

As of the next board, the 55 Warren Park is supposed to operate out of Queensway.

https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/20200105servicechanges_v2.pdf

I also want to point out that the 511 will be getting Flexities next board and will have them until the April board. When the construction projects begin in April 2020, the 511 will be bustituted and that is when the 505 will return to streetcar operation (Flexities).

• Like 1
14 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

eastscarboroughmap.jpg

I'm curious to see if this 178A proposal gets past the community consultation phase. Based on my experience most people who take 86D currently, especially during peak periods, are headed to/from Kennedy Station.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

I'm curious to see if this 178A proposal gets past the community consultation phase. Based on my experience most people who take 86D currently, especially during peak periods, are headed to/from Kennedy Station.

I agree, i'm not a fan of this Beechgrove solution. I liked the other one, where 116 no longer goes thru guiildwood, but instead a new 177 route from Kennedy goes thru Guildwood, then turns on Lawrence and loops around Beechgrove/Coronation/Manse.

But then again, those people could transfer over to any of the existing routes to Kennedy, two being Express.

32 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I agree, i'm not a fan of this Beechgrove solution.

Gosh - I can't imagine any 86D rider would be. Surely those not going to Kennedy at peak would be going to Guildwood GO, and the 178/178A route manages to miss every GO station in Scarborough! I don't see that version flying. Maybe in the 2030s if the proposed Line 2 extension opens by then.

3 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Gosh - I can't imagine any 86D rider would be. Surely those not going to Kennedy at peak would be going to Guildwood GO, and the 178/178A route manages to miss every GO station in Scarborough! I don't see that version flying. Maybe in the 2030s if the proposed Line 2 extension opens by then.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but the branch to Morningside and Ellesmere (will they just run around the block on Kingston similar to what's done on Eglinton?) looks like it's labelled 178E.  I assume the 178 would be the westbound designation heading back to Scarborough Centre.

16 minutes ago, Gil said:

I don't know if I'm missing something, but the branch to Morningside and Ellesmere (will they just run around the block on Kingston similar to what's done on Eglinton?) looks like it's labelled 178E.  I assume the 178 would be the westbound designation heading back to Scarborough Centre.

I'm not sure what you're seeing. There's only 178A/B. The 178B branch being the short turn branch when Beechgrove loop doesn't get service.

2 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I'm not sure what you're seeing. There's only 178A/B. The 178B branch being the short turn branch when Beechgrove loop doesn't get service.

It's probably just poor resolution.  Along with what looks like the 54E, I guess were actually Bs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MK78 said:

I agree, i'm not a fan of this Beechgrove solution. I liked the other one, where 116 no longer goes thru guiildwood, but instead a new 177 route from Kennedy goes thru Guildwood, then turns on Lawrence and loops around Beechgrove/Coronation/Manse.

But then again, those people could transfer over to any of the existing routes to Kennedy, two being Express.

Kingston & Lawrence is already a fairly busy stop in the morning with people transferring from 54/954 onto 86/986/905. Adding 15-20 more passengers every 15 minutes or so to the mix would make it even worse. Not to mention the Kennedy bound buses are usually pretty full before arriving at Lawrence, especially the 986.

Steve Munro mentions in his blog that not all proposals for the Scarborough East area study appeared in the final plan and the TTC said that those missing proposals will still be part of the area study so I'm pretty sure the proposal for the 116 to bypass Guildwood Parkway and to have the 177 service that area is still part of the plan.

I honestly think that they should have one standalone branch for the 178 that goes as far as Morningside/Lawrence and let the 177B go to Beechgrove as originally proposed.

https://stevemunro.ca/2019/12/10/ttc-annual-service-plan-for-2020/

• Like 1

Just remember how the first Junction proposal went. It was suggested they extend the 127 to Jane and St Clair (which will then get stuck in traffic) and eliminate the 79B in favour of all service on 79A. Those idea got totally shot down and a new 189 route is created. 

The 177B could be totally eliminated in favour of keeping the 86D if everyone complaint with zero positive feedback. Of course TTC will still need the resources to do so. They can't just add a lot more buses the originally planned.

1 hour ago, andyman said:

46E and 111E????

Yes, they exist with one school trip each in the afternoon. Do they actually operate express is another question.

46E starts from Martingrove CI to Kipling Stn before deadheading to Jane Stn for the 35. This trip been used to be interlined with the old 191.

The 111E sign was created for this board period but supposedly the trip existed beforehand. The trip is supposed to start at Burnhamthorpe CI to Kipling Stn and is interlined with the 900. I personally haven't seen the sign.

As mention in Steve Munro's notes: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/20191124servicechanges.pdf

Southbound school trippers from Rathburn Road to Kipling Station will be signed 111E East Mall / Kipling Station / Express to clarify their status as express trips.

I suppose the VISION system would change the sign immediately after departing from Keane Ave to 900 or NIS as it runs non stop to Kipling. As buses past the last stop it serves for that trip (which is also the first), it switches to the next trip sign or NIS depending if it's late or not. So it would be hard to spot.

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Yes, they exist with one school trip each in the afternoon. Do they actually operate express is another question.

46E starts from Martingrove CI to Kipling Stn before deadheading to Jane Stn for the 35. This trip been used to be interlined with the old 191.

The 111E sign was created for this board period but supposedly the trip existed beforehand. The trip is supposed to start at Burnhamthorpe CI to Kipling Stn and is interlined with the 900. I personally haven't seen the sign.

As mention in Steve Munro's notes: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/20191124servicechanges.pdf

I suppose the VISION system would change the sign immediately after departing from Keane Ave to 900 or NIS as it runs non stop to Kipling. As buses past the last stop it serves for that trip (which is also the first), it switches to the next trip sign or NIS depending if it's late or not. So it would be hard to spot.

Those trips have existed for a long time but definitely not express. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, meltingtomato said:

As someone who used to take that 111/900 run after classes last year, some operators would do it express, others did it as a local trip.

That is the same case with the 46E. It operates express depending on the operator. They are likely to run express if the bus is already late.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...