TTC Service Changes

26 minutes ago, Express Network said:

What's dissappointing is the 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION could've moved to Queensway division despite none of the routes go into the 312. Does anyone know what daytime buses go into the 312 after, presumably the 71 or 161?

1 bus each from routes 26, 79, and 89.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of the next board, the 55 Warren Park is supposed to operate out of Queensway. https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/20200105servicechanges_v2.pdf

Please stop cooking up number. Last time you already created false route numbers already. You can discuss possible express services without creating your own fantasy route numbers that can confused pe

You're not getting it.   About 70% of people who take the TTC on a daily basis have access to a car. That means that 70% of those people can easily consider an alternative.   Therefore you nee

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Express Network said:

What's dissappointing is the 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION could've moved to Queensway division despite none of the routes go into the 312. Does anyone know what daytime buses go into the 312 after, presumably the 71 or 161?

That would require additional buses and service frequencies to offset the loss.

I'd prefer the 51C to run extended to Lawrence East Stn. daily to offset the loss of riders west of Don Mills Stn.

The 406 CENTRAL-EAST COMMUNITY BUS doesn't ring a bell to me. I'd prefer to have it named 406 CEDARBRAE.

Perhaps none of the routes are either extended to Kipling station. My scenario is to have the 110 and 37 interline (110C-37B and 110A-37A - 110B buses alternate with 37B) during those hours while the 937 extends south to the 110C looping with Express stops at Queensway, Evans and Judson, before going local. The 50 can be re-routed to Royal York station since there is one spare bay there between the 48 and 15-76.

No interline. Both 110 and 37 will unload/load in front of the station. The 37 will loop around in the station and the 110 via Cordova and Central Prkwy.

• Thanks 1
On 10/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, andyman said:

No interline. Both 110 and 37 will unload/load in front of the station. The 37 will loop around in the station and the 110 via Cordova and Central Prkwy.

It's been changed again. 110s to use Aberfoyle as they've been given approval for that. Starting Oct. 21 for approx. 2 months.

15 minutes ago, MK78 said:

So much for 506 being converted to all Flexity. I see 6 CLRV's on the route as per transsee as of now.

The change is supposed to be progressive, not happen overnight. By the looks of things, Russell will house the Carlton allocated low floors

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The change is supposed to be progressive, not happen overnight. By the looks of things, Russell will house the Carlton allocated low floors

I see. I remember reading that it was supposed to still have some rush hour CLRV or bus trippers, but this was mid day when I looked. They should have enough flexity's for mid day service I would hope.

24 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I see. I remember reading that it was supposed to still have some rush hour CLRV or bus trippers, but this was mid day when I looked. They should have enough flexity's for mid day service I would hope.

The 506 uses the same number of cars for base service (28 CLRVs last board, 22 Flexitys this board) during rush hours as they do midday. The only difference is that the rush hour trippers go away after the morning rush hour, and the buses don't come out for the evening.

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

The 506 uses the same number of cars for base service (28 CLRVs last board, 22 Flexitys this board) during rush hours as they do midday. The only difference is that the rush hour trippers go away after the morning rush hour, and the buses don't come out for the evening.

As someone indicated already, there were still 6 CLRVs today. We went from 28 CLRVs to 16 Flexities and 6 CLRVs for base service. Plus we have 6 more trippers. It would seem rush hour on the 506 is greatly improved in terms of capacity but outside rush hour some gaps in service may be quite wide. 

I would personally prefer smaller vehicles that arrive more frequently plus seeing the Flexities on the 506 seems sort of like overkill. It’s almost like they should be doing the trippers and the CLRVs should be used for base service. I was near Howard Park and Indian Rd and you see this large empty 5-module vehicle coming down the street in a quiet residential neighbourhood and something about it felt almost like wasted use of a high-capacity vehicle. It’s almost like how I felt seeing the occasional 503 Flexity on Kingston Rd last year while the 501 was bursting at the seams with CLRVs and a handful of ALRVs that couldn’t run. 

8 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Ah, I didn't know that, i didn't bother checking the latest service summary, I assumed it had less vehicles outside of rush hour.

7 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

As someone indicated already, there were still 6 CLRVs today. We went from 28 CLRVs to 16 Flexities and 6 CLRVs for base service. Plus we have 6 more trippers. It would seem rush hour on the 506 is greatly improved in terms of capacity but outside rush hour some gaps in service may be quite wide. 

I would personally prefer smaller vehicles that arrive more frequently plus seeing the Flexities on the 506 seems sort of like overkill. It’s almost like they should be doing the trippers and the CLRVs should be used for base service. I was near Howard Park and Indian Rd and you see this large empty 5-module vehicle coming down the street in a quiet residential neighbourhood and something about it felt almost like wasted use of a high-capacity vehicle. It’s almost like how I felt seeing the occasional 503 Flexity on Kingston Rd last year while the 501 was bursting at the seams with CLRVs and a handful of ALRVs that couldn’t run. 

CLRVs are overkill itself on the 505 and 506 west of Lansdowne but that's how some bus routes also operate for the last couple kilometres. We can say the same for Line 1 in Vaughan.

• Like 1
On 10/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, andyman said:

On 10/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, andyman said:

It's been changed again. 110s to use Aberfoyle as they've been given approval for that. Starting Oct. 21 for approx. 2 months.

So 110 continue north across Bloor, right on Aberfoyle, right on Bloor, left on Islington?

I do see that the map showing where buses will stop has been removed from the construction notice. It originally had the 110 stop where it is currently after leaving the station, just before the SW corner. From what I've seen of traffic on Aberfoyle, this can really bog the bus down.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

So 110 continue north across Bloor, right on Aberfoyle, right on Bloor, left on Islington?

I do see that the map showing where buses will stop has been removed from the construction notice. It originally had the 110 stop where it is currently after leaving the station, just before the SW corner. From what I've seen of traffic on Aberfoyle, this can really bog the bus down.

Correct. The routing they originally planned was Cordova/Central Parkway but that would leave the 37 dropping and 110 picking up in same spot. 37 shouldn't be affected that much but the 110 is pretty much screwed for 2 months.

Glad to see that they've put this project so far down that it's going to be the dead of winter while the partial reconstruction happens. Make no mistake, the 110 is going to be severely screwed to say the least. Add the Six Point reconstruction and the never ending construction they're doing on Bloor west of Islington for who knows what and it's just the perfect disaster.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, andyman said:

Correct. The routing they originally planned was Cordova/Central Parkway but that would leave the 37 dropping and 110 picking up in same spot. 37 shouldn't be affected that much but the 110 is pretty much screwed for 2 months.

Do you know what would happen to 50 then?? Are they looping same as 37?

5 hours ago, raptorjays said:

Do you know what would happen to 50 then?? Are they looping same as 37?

Yes

22 hours ago, lip said:

Glad to see that they've put this project so far down that it's going to be the dead of winter while the partial reconstruction happens. Make no mistake, the 110 is going to be severely screwed to say the least. Add the Six Point reconstruction and the never ending construction they're doing on Bloor west of Islington for who knows what and it's just the perfect disaster.

The 110C will be a disaster in off peak when the running time is seriously lacking. They can't stay on time now so can only imagine how bad it will be.

1 hour ago, andyman said:

Yes

The 110C will be a disaster in off peak when the running time is seriously lacking. They can't stay on time now so can only imagine how bad it will be.

There's not one point in time where that route can keep on time asides from the initial start of service. They seriously need to adjust run time and add another vehicle during peak times. They've been operating the 110C with 4 buses during the rush for more than 10 years even though demand has spiked.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:09 PM, lip said:

There's not one point in time where that route can keep on time asides from the initial start of service. They seriously need to adjust run time and add another vehicle during peak times. They've been operating the 110C with 4 buses during the rush for more than 10 years even though demand has spiked.

No doubt but during peak rush it isn't bad then compared to in between. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Next board period (November 25th) the TTC will be moving the Downtown Express routes from Richmond and Adelaide over to use King St both ways instead. Based on the new stop lists I'm going to assume that 141, 143 and 144 will use Charlotte Loop (Spadina-Adelaide-Charlotte) to turn back while 142 and 145 will loop either clockwise or counterclockwise via Parliament-Front-Berkeley. Also, some 141 will be extended to start or end at Lawrence and Mt Pleasant.

TTC.ca: 2019 changes to Downtown Express bus routes

• Like 3
4 hours ago, wil9402 said:

Next board period (November 25th) the TTC will be moving the Downtown Express routes from Richmond and Adelaide over to use King St both ways instead. Based on the new stop lists I'm going to assume that 141, 143 and 144 will use Charlotte Loop (Spadina-Adelaide-Charlotte) to turn back while 142 and 145 will loop either clockwise or counterclockwise via Parliament-Front-Berkeley. Also, some 141 will be extended to start or end at Lawrence and Mt Pleasant.

TTC.ca: 2019 changes to Downtown Express bus routes

Steve Munro has a post discussing the changes along with a map.  A lot of the looping configurations for the various routes are meant to facilitate common stops (at least for the King & Charlotte stop).  I know with all of the construction going on along Richmond and Adelaide this seemed like the best option to keep the routes moving.

20191124downtownexpressviakingmap.jpg?w=660&h=259

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

CLRVs are overkill itself on the 505 and 506 west of Lansdowne but that's how some bus routes also operate for the last couple kilometres. We can say the same for Line 1 in Vaughan.

Same with the Kipling section, Line 4, the 501L, Kingston Road cars, arguably the 501 east of Kingston Rd. Doesn't mean the routes are inherently wasteful, even on the 501L, the most economic means of transporting passengers is the streetcar (I believe it cost the TTC over a million dollars to replace the service with buses during the reconstruction).

In most cases, the outer ends of a route require far less service than the inner portions, no matter the route.  

• 2 weeks later...

The new Service Summary is out:
https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service%20Summary_2019-11-24.pdf

Among the changes mentioned here are the re-routing of the 140-series Downtown Express routes to King Street, 501 using CLRV extras and 511 exclusively using CLRVs as well as the end of Jane Stn. construction with its routes returning to the terminal.

Although #9003 is listed as "retired", all 152 vehicles are still active if they ever going to fix that bus.

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Looks like the TTC forgot to add the 508 to the schedules this board period... the route is completely missing from the lists on NextBus and any third-party app.

Something is up ... as there's a lot of missing PM peak 501s and 504s as well

508 is in the November GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) data set that TTC released - https://open.toronto.ca/dataset/ttc-routes-and-schedules/

AM peak seemed complete ... though I saw most of the 508s all showing as 506s around 9 AM - I should have looked earlier.

Google Maps Transit has the 508 schedule info - is it the only app that uses GTFS?