TTC Service Changes

Mike

5 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

As for why the swap is on hold, I'm not sure. But it's probably on hold until Sept.

Now I’ll be torn over the loss of Mt Dennis’ smoothest line, or playing the odds of driving an XDE60… 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

Now I’ll be torn over the loss of Mt Dennis’ smoothest line, or playing the odds of driving an XDE60… 🤔

I hear it can be tight on Sundays? 

But I mean straight up and down, can't go wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

I hear it can be tight on Sundays? 

But I mean straight up and down, can't go wrong with that. 

I’ve heard the same thing. But I only do Kipling in the mornings during the week next board. 

8 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

I got word that route 45 going to Queensway is on hold. So best to wait until the service summary comes out.  

once this does happen, the 927 will be the only non queensway bus but it will be transferring to mtd at the open of line 6 if im correct 

2 hours ago, randall said:

once this does happen, the 927 will be the only non queensway bus but it will be transferring to mtd at the open of line 6 if im correct 

Whatever was planned for 2020 might not longer be the case now, especially COVID has throw a wrench into service planning.

• 3 weeks later...

As of the May 12th Board Period, the 19 Bay will be shortened, heading only as far as Union Station, with the 114 fully replacing service to the George Brown College campus. Quite a lot of people will be inconvenienced by this, both passengers and operators alike. Talk about a case of literally breaking something that has worked relatively well for the longest time..... 

I'm not sure if you'll describe the 19 Bay as something that actually works. Traffic is always a mess south of Front and even at this moment of writing this post at 9:30 pm, northbound traffic between Queens Quay and Front is solid red on Google Maps. I feel the 19 would be more reliable if cut back to not reach the tunnel under the railway corridor. 

• Like 1