TTC Service Changes

Mike

After reviewing the TTC open data schedule more thoroughly, the 985A/D will definitely operate with standard buses as headways for evenings have been reverted to the more frequent non-artic headways before artics were introduced. 

Additional time has also been added to the 985A to layover at McCowan Station. 

2 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

After reviewing the TTC open data schedule more thoroughly, the 985A/D will definitely operate with standard buses as headways for evenings have been reverted to the more frequent non-artic headways before artics were introduced. 

Additional time has also been added to the 985A to layover at McCowan Station. 

That means that there will be a surplus of artics, what route are they going to be sent to? 

Or maybe instead of moving more artics to malvern garage for 905, ttc will just use the ones that were meant for 985?

I figured it out

134 was boarding at 985 early morning, then progress bay got reopened near noon for pickup and drop off, but there is still construction tape and fences all over that bay

Steve Munro has posted the services changes: https://stevemunro.ca/2023/03/20/ttc-service-changes-effective-march-26-2023/#more-52110

Wow the 905 needs 9 artics (a lot more than I thought) that is reallocated from the 985A cause they increased the run time to add up to 10 WHOLE MINUTES in each direction. Sorry students, you will have to leave for class 10 minutes earlier and get home 10 minutes later. Enjoy your artic rides while at it.

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Steve Munro has posted the services changes: https://stevemunro.ca/2023/03/20/ttc-service-changes-effective-march-26-2023/#more-52110

Wow the 905 needs 9 artics (a lot more than I thought) that is reallocated from the 985A cause they increased the run time to add up to 10 WHOLE MINUTES in each direction. Sorry students, you will have to leave for class 10 minutes earlier and get home 10 minutes later. Enjoy your artic rides while at it.

It looks like the TTC is shutting down all the complaints regarding service changes or delays nowadays. 

I’ve submitted two complaints recently. 

back in the end of February (regarding twice as long headway on 49 Bloor West during the morning peak, causing the bus to overflow every morning)

and on the first day of March (regarding big service cuts coming up on Line 2 during the late evening)

I didn’t even get any reply for the first one.. and the second one.. my complaint is still under review lolol

They usually got back to me within a week and now it’s been close to a month with no response

036C2A42-E236-4619-8C55-07CA7E5EF291.png

14 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

And indeed, McNicoll has lost two routes: 115 SILVER HILLS and 122 GRAYDON HALL, which they are now back at Wilson.

1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

And indeed, McNicoll has lost two routes: 115 SILVER HILLS and 122 GRAYDON HALL, which they are now back at Wilson.

Long overdue. It was extremely awkward and a long deadhead for operators to reach the relief point (York Mills Station), while it's a much shorter distance from Wilson Division (plus three overlapping frequent routes for operator reliefs).

On 3/21/2023 at 1:09 PM, wil9402 said:

Only 115 is moving to Wilson next board. 122 is staying at McNicoll.

Actually it’s both. Steve Munro confirmed McNicoll lost both 115 and 122. What will McNicoll get to make up the loss? I’d say either the 85J (Sheppard-Yonge to Don Mills) or some of the 24 runs (Birchmount keeps most of the runs).

30 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Actually it’s both. Steve Munro confirmed McNicoll lost both 115 and 122. What will McNicoll get to make up the loss? I’d say either the 85J (Sheppard-Yonge to Don Mills) or some of the 24 runs (Birchmount keeps most of the runs).

Incorrect. Steve Munro mentions the changes, but no route movements. I just verified that the 122 GRAYDON HALL is coming out of McNicoll next board, while the 115 SILVER HILLS is coming out of Wilson

13 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Incorrect. Steve Munro mentions the changes, but no route movements. I just verified that the 122 GRAYDON HALL is coming out of McNicoll next board, while the 115 SILVER HILLS is coming out of Wilson

Incorrect. I can confirm 122 is going back to Wilson Garage not staying at McNicoll Garage. From Steve Munro website.

122.png

• Confused 1

Kids clearly there’s some misinformation somewhere but you don’t have to piss everyone off by roasting people. No one has to provide anything leaving you can to go figure out this Sunday all you want. Steve Munro doesn’t have to write his blog either. Grow up!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As the 21 BRIMLEY is moving to Birchmount, that division still technically has some 302 KINGSTON ROAD-McCOWAN runs after McNicoll opened though two of the buses go on routes 12 and 87. Malvern assumed some 302 runs from the 21 around 2018 IIRC but the majority of its runs moved to Malvern when it moved along with the 102. So expect Birchmount buses plying on the 302 once again. 

13 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

As the 21 BRIMLEY is moving to Birchmount, that division still technically has some 302 KINGSTON ROAD-McCOWAN runs after McNicoll opened though two of the buses go on routes 12 and 87. Malvern assumed some 302 runs from the 21 around 2018 IIRC but the majority of its runs moved to Malvern when it moved along with the 102. So expect Birchmount buses plying on the 302 once again. 

If you checked the next bus schedule, 302 is operating from Malvern only except Sunday early mornings. There are Birchmount runs but none from the 21. One from the 12, 87 and 169.

The 134 does one of the runs on Saturday night

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Munro has posted a draft of let's screw the TTC up part II: https://stevemunro.ca/2023/04/07/draft-of-ttc-service-changes-effective-sunday-may-7-2023/

Deep cuts on Line 1 are happening

Seems like they also jump the gun on a couple of proposed ASP 2023 changes:
A new 200 Toronto Zoo route (173 in the ASP 2023 proposal)
902 extended to Steeles
22 Coxwell will operate as 22B only. Weekend streetcar service on Kingston Rd to Bingham Loop with (plot twist) 505 Dundas, 503 suspended. 

The 200s series routes are now the seasonal bus routes
201 Buffer's Park and 202 Cherry Beach will replace the 175 and 172

More cuts to the system
popular routes like 32, 52, 76, 85, 95, 116 and 905 will see cuts. Damn, they are really trying to kill the 905. 20 min headways in AM rush is insane.

55 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Steve Munro has posted a draft of let's screw the TTC up part II: https://stevemunro.ca/2023/04/07/draft-of-ttc-service-changes-effective-sunday-may-7-2023/

Deep cuts on Line 1 are happening

Seems like they also jump the gun on a couple of proposed ASP 2023 changes:
A new 200 Toronto Zoo route (173 in the ASP 2023 proposal)
902 extended to Steeles
22 Coxwell will operate as 22B only. Weekend streetcar service on Kingston Rd to Bingham Loop with (plot twist) 505 Dundas, 503 suspended. 

The 200s series routes are now the seasonal bus routes
201 Buffer's Park and 202 Cherry Beach will replace the 175 and 172

More cuts to the system
popular routes like 32, 52, 76, 85, 95, 116 and 905 will see cuts. Damn, they are really trying to kill the 905. 20 min headways in AM rush is insane.

It’s about time the TTC gets the 200s for its own seasonal routes. Can’t they rebrand the 30B into 203 HIGH PARK? 

The only 200s they last used were the 224 VICTORIA PARK NORTH and the 268 WARDEN NORTH, both went up to Markham. The 224 lasted longer than the 268, except the 24D got reinstated after they cancelled much service on the route including the 224A.

I'd assume Birchmount will get the 201/202 and Malvern doing the 200, essentially the revival of the old 13.

Having look at the spread sheet, they finally brought back the former 54D LAWRENCE EAST as a weekend shopping trippers. That branch ran from 1987 to 1989, revived in 1992 but shortened to Lawrence East to Morningside as 54B,  which would later evolve into the 54E and now 954.

Did I read this right? On weekends, Line 2 will have more frequent service than Line 1 because the the May service cuts only affect Line 1 and it cut way deeper than the March Line 2 service cuts?

From Steve Munro's site:

202301vs202305_downtownroutes.jpg

1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

It’s about time the TTC gets the 200s for its own seasonal routes. Can’t they rebrand the 30B into 203 HIGH PARK? 

The only 200s they last used were the 224 VICTORIA PARK NORTH and the 268 WARDEN NORTH, both went up to Markham. The 224 lasted longer than the 268, except the 24D got reinstated after they cancelled much service on the route including the 224A.

I'd assume Birchmount will get the 201/202 and Malvern doing the 200, essentially the revival of the old 13.

Having look at the spread sheet, they finally brought back the former 54D LAWRENCE EAST as a weekend shopping trippers. That branch ran from 1987 to 1989, revived in 1992 but shortened to Lawrence East to Morningside as 54B,  which would later evolve into the 54E and now 954.

The 30B will get its own 200 series route. The 30 will be renamed to High Park North

1 hour ago, Kelvin3157 said:

The 30B will get its own 200 series route. The 30 will be renamed to High Park North

Can they be more serious with the name. How about HIGH PARK AVENUE or revive the name JUNCTION. I could imagine how confusing it is already for people to show up and find out there are 2 high park buses and one of them isn't going to the park.

I also can’t say much but all I know is that there will be a new route 184 in the June board, something to do along the Wilson corridor

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Can they be more serious with the name. How about HIGH PARK AVENUE or revive the name JUNCTION. I could imagine how confusing it is already for people to show up and find out there are 2 high park buses and one of them isn't going to the park.

Those were proposed names, but I guess they stuck with the naming convention when a rapid transit line splits the route